34 replies to this topic

#1 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:33 AM

I'm sure all you guys get travel insurance for your trips, but where do you buy it?

- Any recommendations for annual worldwide, non USA?

I'm tired of the over-inflated 'add-on' cover through opodo

Meum cerebrum nocet

#2 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:53 AM

If i pay for my airfare with my Credit Card i get automatic comprehensive cover ....It only costs me an extra c/c fee of 99 bucks a year...Cheers Donnykey
Oh so happy when in LOS

#3 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:08 AM

Try money supermarket

http://www.moneysupe...ravelinsurance/

I usually go for annual travel insurance and have paid as little as £27 for the year, making sure to cover baggage loss, cancellations and medical. The only problem is that most annual policies don't cover trips over 30/45 days.

Also, if you're an AA member (The Auto one, not the too many beers one) they have good annual cover.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#4 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:25 AM

donnykey, unfortunately my low-rate cards don't include travel insurance, but a very good idea though :)

That moneysupermarket looks good, I'll use that, thanks kliome :wink:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#5 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:35 AM

Forget about the baggage, theft and other little things. The only cover you really need is for medical expenses and evacuation back to your home country in an emergency due to injury.
About £75 gets you an annual policy for stays up to 30 days while £160.00 is what I paid for a six month stay two years ago.

However, no policy offers cover once alcohol is in attendance :oops:

#6 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

Kli's suggestion above is really good.

Many options under £50 per year for 60 day stays, under £30 for 30 day stays. All the important stuff included.

I'll book mine closer to the date I need it.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#7 mhk7840

mhk7840
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Dixon,

Non USA. Now you've hurt my feelings. :(
-Mike the American LB Hunter

#8 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

I did this insurance via my bank and i pay just 16 Euro per year. Everything medical is covered, even the transport back home if necessary.

#9 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:13 AM

Dixon,

Non USA. Now you've hurt my feelings. :(

Sorry dude, no offence.

But since 9.11 I doubt I will ever give your border control carte blanche to examine my hard disk or anus :shock:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#10 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:14 AM

Dixon, norwich union, tend to be the cheapest that i have dealt with, also even if you leave it to the last minute they will give you your claim number and emergency phone number incase anything happens, which i hope nothing does, as if you leave it to the last minute, i usually are away when my documentation comes through, waste of time is the post office, always the more expensive option by a long way

#11 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

American Express (AMEX) covers everithink

#12 ericeric

ericeric
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

Always very careful to get insurance as am diabetic.Local broker and get 12 month,I think 30 day unlimited trips,but doesn't cover diabetesw! for about £60.If yhou want to stay for longer the premium increases,but it's worth shopping around.
If you're staying long term,a pal of mine took me to the Siam bank on no.2 road just through Pattaya Klang traffic lights going in Naklua direction.They do a type of accident insurance which is about £40 per year I think it works out.You go in and fill the form in and they give you a type of credit card and it has printed on it 150,000 baht(or you can pay more for more cover).If you have an accident,heart attack etc.the ambulance will pick you up and if you have this card on you ,you can have that amount of treatment without question,there is no need to have to pay yourself and then claim it back as with most travel insurances.It doesn't cover basic complaints eg my diabetes again,for regular treatment,but I think is a great idea for accident cover,the money for treatment is guaranteed.I have claimed for medical before with travel insurance and it's amazing how little you get back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci