dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

How much you pay dixon :?:

I paid £808 + card charge of £17

I saw some horrendous prices a day either side.

There's one seat left on that flight BR68, so no chance of me splurging out over 3 seats on the back row :lol:

www.opodo.co.uk

Meum cerebrum nocet

#74 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:55 AM

There's one seat left on that flight BR68, so no chance of me splurging out over 3 seats on the back row :lol:

Thats because you dont need to book seats for imaginary friends , you can make real ones 8)
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#75 LBs4Me

LBs4Me
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

I've also taken the plunge and just booked my ticket 10 mins ago.

Still got the wobbles from choking my card again :o

December 28th thru to Feb 26th, I didn't want to be greedy :lol:

One of the last two seats on EVA :D

Great to hear you're all booked DC. Ill be there from 14th January for 2 weks so hope to catch up with you then. I've yet to book my trip in March but I think the fares look more reasonable then. BR68 is my favourite flight and i'll be on it in two days time!!!!!!!
Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten. (Natasha Beddingfield - "Unwritten")

#76 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:23 AM

Great to hear you're all booked DC. Ill be there from 14th January for 2 weks so hope to catch up with you then. I've yet to book my trip in March but I think the fares look more reasonable then. BR68 is my favourite flight and i'll be on it in two days time!!!!!!!

Lucky you dude.

Hate to say but I've had to cancel that flight due to unexpected circumstances at work, only cost me £25 to cancel so it could have been worse. They cut my contract short by one month, told me today :cry:

I will still be there if I can get a flight at a reasonable cost, but a month earlier than planned, if all goes to plan. But due to cut in contract I will have to slice a few weeks off the original 2 month plan.

I'm currently jiggling dates around online trying the searches to find the semi-bargain I'm convinced is still out there.

By the way...

Anybody flown Jet Airways?
They always come up cheapest but I'm figuring it's a case of you get what you pay for.
Stops in Mumbai too :o

Meum cerebrum nocet

#77 mac

mac
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:48 AM

I will be back in Pattaya from the 26th Jan for 2 weeks and by the looks of it there is gonna be a lot of bm's around then, so hope to meet up with a few of you.

11 weeks and counting :D

#78 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:29 AM

By the way...

Anybody flown Jet Airways?
They always come up cheapest but I'm figuring it's a case of you get what you pay for.
Stops in Mumbai too :o

Did you read FatBoy UK's comments on this Indian cattle carrier :lol:

#79 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:54 AM

How much you pay dixon :?:

I paid £808 + card charge of £17

Game on.

Every cloud has a silver lining, as they say...
Despite cancelling that booking above from yesterday (£25 cancellation fee) I have just booked another:

£668.50 (+£13.37 CC fee) with EVA Air BR68 non-stop

I knew if I looked long enough I'd find something decent. Flexible dates is the way to go.

I'm a Evergreen member with EVA too, so this should give me enough miles for next time :D

Now the problem of finding accommodation over the seasonal period.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#80 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:51 AM

Have a look at this place dc....I might give it a try myself for a couple of months, anybody stayed there :?:

#81 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:16 AM

Have a look at this place dc....I might give it a try myself for a couple of months, anybody stayed there :?:

Which place would that be Pentire?

Link please? :)

Meum cerebrum nocet

#82 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

:oops: Sorry Mate, here it is...nice website.

http://www.r-conhote...om/about_us.php

#83 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:46 AM

:oops: Sorry Mate, here it is...nice website.

http://www.r-conhote...om/about_us.php

Ahh the R-con.

Here's a snippet from a PM I sent to a good buddy of ours following my July trip:

"R-Con - www.r-conhotelpattaya.com - on Soi Buakhao located near to Buakhoa market, 6 mins walk past Pook Swan House away from Soi Diana Inn. Nice rooms, comparable with LK Pavillion. 11k per month off season - 13k per month high season, no pool and WiFi is extra THB700 per month. I have never stayed there."

It did look well worth considering.

There are so many good options around Buakhao and Soi Diana Inn.

Here's another snip from that PM, a place with potential:
"Sawasdee Pattaya Hotel - www.hotelsawasdee.com - on Soi Diana Inn (opposite LK Metro and up a little from the Areca Lodge) has breakfast inc, no extra charges for utilities, free share of pool with sister hotel nearby and is cleaned everyday - THB12,000 per month. I have never stayed there."

Meum cerebrum nocet

#84 LBs4Me

LBs4Me
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:30 AM

Every cloud has a silver lining, as they say...
Despite cancelling that booking above from yesterday (£25 cancellation fee) I have just booked another:

£668.50 (+£13.37 CC fee) with EVA Air BR68 non-stop
From 30th Nov08 to 13th Jan09 - Phew!

I knew if I looked long enough I'd find something decent. Flexible dates is the way to go.

I'm a Evergreen member with EVA too, so this should give me enough miles for next time :D

I'm an evergreen member too but found out yesterday that none of my 4 flights qualify for air miles.

I called them after entering my recent flights on their site, only to be credited with 0 miles!! They say only full fare flights qualify for air miles - apparently it is in the small print. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten. (Natasha Beddingfield - "Unwritten")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci