• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#217 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

BTW, Tootsies is an upmarket massage parlour. I like the VIP service - the "barfine " for that is 2000 Baht ! lol

mai pen rai..... :lol:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#218 vangough05

vangough05
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

Being a regular visitor to Phuket every 4 months my advice is to give C &D the big miss. The palce is badly run, over priced and the girls quite frankly are average.

There are planty of free lancers after 11 pm and there are far better bars.

Just my opinion but i have been coming to Thailand since 1975 and i wouldn't rate C&D in the top 20 lb bars in Thailand.

#219 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hmmm...well everybody is entitled to their opinion...

#220 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

You are never without an opinion vangough05 and nothing wrong with that however, I know how you like to stir things up from time to time :lol:
Under the previous regime at C&D I also thought the place was fairly uninteresting and staffed by ladyboys determined to fleece customers for drinks while offering very little in return however, under Jimbo's new stewardship I hear the place is going from strength to strength.
I'll certainly be there this coming low season to check it out.

#221 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

DELETED

#222 vangough05

vangough05
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

You are never without an opinion vangough05 and nothing wrong with that however, I know how you like to stir things up from time to time :lol:
Under the previous regime at C&D I also thought the place was fairly uninteresting and staffed by ladyboys determined to fleece customers for drinks while offering very little in return however, under Jimbo's new stewardship I hear the place is going from strength to strength.

I stand by my opinion. I am stating the truth and thats all there is to it.

The pics that are on this site from C&Ds prove the girls are ordinary and over rated.

The free lancers are better value, better looking and offer better service.

I am back in May 9 for 4 weeks and it aint on my radar.

The place has never been a goer and the last owner done a bundle.

I have seen the books as a partnership with 3 others looked at this place over 2 years ago.

I am sure Jimbo is doing a good job but as i said to me its not on my radar or other long term mongers for that fact.

Most long term mongers don't go near the place and thats because of its long time bad name. Its hard to turn a place around even with new owners.

I wish Jimbo good luck and I am sure he will make it work
As i said its my opinion and thats all it is.

#223 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:13 AM

I stand by my opinion. I am stating the truth and thats all there is to it.

The pics that are on this site from C&Ds prove the girls are ordinary and over rated.

The free lancers are better value, better looking and offer better service.

I am back in May 9 for 4 weeks and it aint on my radar.

The place has never been a goer and the last owner done a bundle.

I have seen the books as a partnership with 3 others looked at this place over 2 years ago.

I am sure Jimbo is doing a good job but as i said to me its not on my radar or other long term mongers for that fact.

Most long term mongers don't go near the place and thats because of its long time bad name. Its hard to turn a place around even with new owners.

I wish Jimbo good luck and I am sure he will make it work
As i said its my opinion and thats all it is.

most of The free lancers at bangla road are post op from siang mai :twisted:

#224 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

I'm not sure which pictures you've been looking at Vangough. No complaints here.

Each to their own. A lot of people don't like LBs at all, all I can say is all the more for me.

C&D will certainly be getting some of my business at the end of this month.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#225 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

For what it's worth, VanGough.

It sounds like you have a bit of an "ax to grind" with the former owner of C&D and while in its former days C&D may have been all those things you say it is, you should give Jimbo the benefit of the doubt and see what HE is doing with the place.

I've not been to C&D yet, but it certainly is on my radar for my summer trip, and from the looks of the activity here, it is on the radar of the "long term mongers" on this site (which are numerous).

Additionally, Jimbo has been an active participant with this forum, providing good all around information about the scene (not specific to C&D, and not just trying to "drum" up business for his bar).

If you still want to give C&D a pass, that certainly is your prerogative, but it doesn't make sense to me. I often will check out a place I didn't previously like if it is under NEW ownership. At the worst case, you go in, have a beer and if you don't like it you leave. What's the harm?

I don't believe what you're doing is in the spirit of fairplay by condemning the new C&D without having paid it a visit.

Check it out first . . . then we would all be happy to entertain your opinion of C&D in it's current state.

Auto
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#226 vangough05

vangough05
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

I was there 4 weeks ago . The place is a dump. I have no axe to grind, I only deal in facts. I tell the truth and don't hide behind some facede of friendship or suck up to some nameles bar owner.

To be frank I don't give a flying fuck what you think about my opinion. Its fact and the truth is in about 12 months Jimbo will more then likely be broke and on his arse. I sincerly hope he does make a success of it, but 32 bar owners ( 9 farang)in the Phuket region went belly up in the last fiscal year and that is the truth of the matter. ( figures supplied by Sunbelt Asia)

I have had 12 pm's from mongers who agree with me but are too worried about being flamed by you mindless twats.
Get of your high horse and allow free speech or this little forum will fizzle like 23 forums before it.

I do buisness in Thailand and have done since 1975. I am not some dreamer who has been to LOS 2 or 3 times and has a few drinks with a few mongers and thinks he knows the ropes. I know what is going on because in have money invested in 3 clubs in Kho Samui ( not lb clubs) i am here every 8 weeks on a average and i don't listen to every so called expert.

You will go broke if you listen to every expert and cater to every bodys needs, you will also go broke if you don't listen to every bodys needs, its a very fine line.

I had a few beers in C and D's and to me the place lacks class, style and is way over priced for what it is.

Running LB bars is parramount to suicide except that sucide is quicker. If you read my post you would see i have no axe to grind with C and D. I just speak my mind and i really don't give a toss what others think.

And whats all this crap about "check it out first and then we all will be happy tom entertain my ideas about c and d"

Who the fuck are you to pass judgement. Mate this is a free forum aand only survives on its free speech and twats like you who think they know every thing are the reason 12 mongers pm me PRIVATLEY becasue they are worried about speaking there minds.

I visted c and d's on 4 seperate visits 4 weeks ago and the place had as much excitment as a 10 year olds birthday party.
This place is no Guess Bar and never will be as the quality of LB's is average at best. If you are trying to tell me the lb's are as good as Guess, you obvisouly are delusional.

This forum is well run because it allows free speech, so take you dress of and get a life.

Be happy and enjoy life, you may find you like it. :D

#227 porkchop

porkchop
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:41 AM

Admittedly i haven't been to C&D for a couple of years but prior that it was four years in succession and i have always had a great time at this bar, when it was under Tiger and it's new location and Nick the previous owner was a good guy and an excellent host and i'll definitely be going back this year thanks to Jimbo

#228 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:50 AM

Oh dear. I had hoped you would just have your say vangough and then go away, but you seem determined to besmirch the good name of C & D. You obviously have an axe to grind; perhaps because you (and 3 friends -ffs) were not succesful in buying a share? In any case i dont really want a public arguement here, as its an otherwise very good-natured site. perhaps it would be better if you shut up and PLEASE stay away from C & D if it isnt your style. Stick to the yabba-heads in Crocodile and the freelance loonies in soi Bangla.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci