• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#13 chammy

chammy
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

cheers chammy.
so the thing they staple in my passport isnt for only 30days?
i can stay for 90 without breaking any laws?

if you are talking about tourist visas, yes you can stay 60+30 days in Thailand. The further 30 days after having extended it at the immigration which costs 1900 THB.

#14 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

Stevie - to simplify: if you want to stay a year, go to the Consulate in Hull who will give you a 12 month O visa (110 quid) "to visit friends/family". They are quite easy going and will issue it without awkward questions/forms etc - takes 5 mins! You will need to do the "visa run" every 90 days. From Patong this means a bus ride to Ranong which takes all day and is a bit of a pain after the first time, but its just the price you have to pay for living in paradise.

#15 chammy

chammy
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

They to lazy to click a link, and they dont read the post :shock: propley :D and the keep asking the same questions i bet there loads of posts about this they only got to look back a bit

That's why I did not post the thai visa forum link. If they're too lazy to read posts here, they won't read posts in another forum but the Hull consulate website should be both comprehensive and concise enough for them ;-)

#16 Kinkoy

Kinkoy
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

Jimbo
Visa run to Ranong? Isn't Ranong a city north of Phuket, but still in Thailand? Where do you go from there?
So dark, the con of man..

#17 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

i was going to say that but i left it for somone else thats where i got it from because they to lazy to look up the embassy website

and jimbo is correct stevie that is the best visa as u are a uk citzen they not give to much problems if u apply in uk ive done that visa many times and it easy and open a bank acount with bangkok bank IF U ARE UK CITZEN AND LIVING IN LONDON NOT ANOTHER COUNTRY :wink: :D AND VISA RUNS ARE STILL VALID BUT ARE LIMITED. just have to go to one the boder crossings i usually go cambodia it about 8 hours from pats depends how busy they are at the boder

#18 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:22 PM

... If they're too lazy to read posts here, they won't read posts in another forum but the Hull consulate website should be both comprehensive and concise enough for them ;-)

So for the benefit of the apparent lazy buggers amongst us, why didn't you post the link to the Hull consulate website? :wink:

Visa run to Ranong? Isn't Ranong a city north of Phuket, but still in Thailand? Where do you go from there?

I tried the Ranong run several times years ago over to Victoria Point - The southern most point in Burma. It is ok for a day trip too and a nice boat ride through all the tiny islands and rocks on the way over, about a 20 minute ride if I recall. No pre-arrangement for visa needed for such a short stop to Burma, but take some US dollars with you for the entry stamp, was $20 when I went, so may be more now. Bare in mind that because the weather can be so bad, they sometimes stop running the long-tail boats over to Victoria Point until the rain lets off, so it could be risky to chance it on the last valid day of your Thai visa, check the weather, seriously.

For interest; the currency in Burma is called Kyatt (pronounced Chat) and you cannot (or not supposed to) take any out of the country on your departure. You can change Dollars or Baht to Kyatt easily when in Victoria Point, but use the black market people (they will find you), their rates were far far better than the official exchange booths and banks.

Ranong is the wettest province in Thailand, so prepare to get wet. Also there's fuck all to do, so it's really not the most common of visa run locations, only for those desperate for a re-fill. I went there on 3 seperate occasions and only successfully made the trip once, due to bad weather. The reason I went there was simply to go and see Victoria Point in Burma and the visa refresh was just a bonus for me.

If in Chiang Mai you can also get to Burma again at Mai Sai, then over to Tachilek in Burma. Boring as fuck and there's little to do. But the Thai side is pretty good - 'The Northern Most Point in Thailand' etc. and the Golden Triangle stuff to see if you want to travel around a little bit. If you start buggering around up there it might be advisable to get jabs before you come. Same goes for anywhere outside the cities, esp up north, ask your GP, usually free. Now wait for someone to start a new thread about 'Jabs in LOS'.

There is definately a new approach to visa runs in Thailand, although it is still possible it should not be taken as a given that any run would be successful when you try and return back to Thailand, you could find yourself getting into problems. In other words, as gareth might say, have some 'tea-money' at hand. It depends on how much time you have already spent in Thailand in any given period.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#19 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

In other words DONT OVERSTAY AT ALL IF U CAN AVOID IT CAUSES LOT OF PROBLEMS EVEN "TEA MONEY " MAY NOT HELP U OUT BIB LOVE TAKING FRANG TO THE MONKEY HOUSE ON THIS ONE. and if u use a visa run company and u have overstayed u welcome they get a reward for informing the police about possible overstayers.

8) and for all u lazy buggers here is one the best links u could have asked for covers all aspecs of visas/workpermits, jobs in thailand for thailand :D http://www.thaivisa.com

ps I not writing this one out

#20 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

Take a look at http://www.thaivisa.com/

The rules changed recently (last year) and 'repeat' visa runs are not possible indefinately like they were in the past.

I'm guessing you read my post here.

Thanks for the http://www.thaivisa.com link gareth, that's excellent, thanks for repeating it :roll:

It was the first contribution I made to this thread :lol:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#21 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:07 AM

DELETED

#22 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:42 AM

are u talking about ice ice baby? she already been nicked for stealing look in warnings under the one i wrote about lb cought for stealing

#23 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:04 AM

DELETED

#24 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:14 AM

Kamagra jelly is all u need stevie can get it in uk for less than 2 quid i busy stocking up on the stuff for my next trip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci