Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:10 AM

DELETED

#2 chammy

chammy
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:14 AM

hi guys,
sorry if this thread has been coverd, but been lazy, so if it has can someone post a link to it please.

now question is, can you get a 12 month visa ? one where you havent got to leave every 2 month and max time allowed only 6 month in the 12 month period. ?
or is it legal, to leave every month on a visa run and re enter same day or day after for an other month ?
i thought the normal travel visa we get from uk is for 30 days on 1 visit per every 12 month so can only stay for 30 days of each year.
any info would be great.
steviep

actually there is no 1 month visa, what you are talking about is the visa exemption/stamp on arrival which is valid for 30 days and with which you are allowed to stay in thailand up to 90 days within a 6 months period.
Tourist visas are valid for 60 days and can be extended to further 30 days so you can stay 90 days in thailand on a single-entry tourist visa. You actually could apply for another tourist visa after the first one has been used, there is no regulation against this. Some Thai consulates/embassies might be a little bit reluctant about 'repeat' tourist visas but technically it is possible.

comprehensive site:
http://www.thaiconsu....com/visas1.asp

I'm afraid there is no 12 month visa, sorry!
There are multi-entry visas (either O or B) which are valid 12 months and can allow you to stay up to 15 months in LOS but you still have to do border runs every 90 days and they are not so easy to get...

There are also many more or less legal ways to "buy" a multi-entry visa. Some agencies offer that service for 20.000-40.000 THB.

If you actually only are interested in staying 1 year in Thailand (not looking for a job, etc.) and don't bother doing border runs, you can combine visa exemptions/30-days-stamps and tourist visas quite easily...

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:53 AM

DELETED

#4 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:12 AM

Take a look at http://www.thaivisa.com/

The rules changed recently (last year) and 'repeat' visa runs are not possible indefinately like they were in the past.

I'm guessing you read my post here.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#5 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:36 AM

There is only one category of tourist visa, namely Category “TR” which u can get when u enter Thailand on visa on arival for uk people it valid for 30 days
but if u pay extra u can get a tourist visa with up to 4 entries each entry is 60 days after 60 days u have to exit thailand this hasent changed but u can only do it 4 times then u cannot return to thailand for 120 days before u can comeback again (this for uk residents only )
There are various categories of non-immigrant visa including:-

Category “B” (business – paid employment) – this category entitles a person:
a) who is employed by a non Thai company to conduct business in Thailand
b) who is employed by a Thai company to work in Thailand
Category “ED” (education – unpaid work) – this entitles a person to:
a) to study in Thailand
b) to attend/participate in a conference/seminar in Thailand
c) to attend as an official at a recognized event in Thailand
d) to attend a training course in Thailand
e) to study as a Buddhist monk in Thailand
Category “M” (media) – this entitles a person to:
a) to attend as a journalist or reporter in Thailand
b) to attend as part of a film crew in Thailand (it may be necessary to obtain a licence to make films)
Category “O” (other) – this entitles a person to:
a) to visit Thai spouse/family
b) to visit non Thai family/friends living in Thailand
c) to participate in voluntary work in Thailand
d) to seek employment
e) to visit as a UK pensioner

Stevie i gave u this info before but here again if from uk it is possible to get a 1 year visa
NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS

but u have to exit thailand every 90 day or u can get a
Non-Immigrant
Multiple Entry which is £100.00
Every county is diffrent and have diffrent rules this is for people from the uk i use this one when i stay long time in thailand

and they are not hard to get long u pay the correct fee and provide the information they want no problem
i usualy get the
Category “O” (other) – this entitles a person to:
a) to visit Thai spouse/family
b) to visit non Thai family/friends living in Thailand
c) to participate in voluntary work in Thailand
d) to seek employment
e) to visit as a UK pensioner

please note these are up to date but for uk residents only

have to produce anything except contact details of u friends in thailand and where u going to stay and why u going to visit them and with this visa u can look for work and also apply for a work permit and also open a bank account and it valid for 1 year
but u have to exit every 90 days for it to remain valid

#6 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:41 AM

Chunks copy-pasted from other sources interspersed with gareth's clear and concise input... seamless

[edit] Nicely re-edited gareth :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#7 James Taylor

James Taylor
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:10 AM

There is only one category of tourist visa, namely Category “TR” which u can get when u enter Thailand on visa on arival for uk people it valid for 30 days ...

Never heard of this one. Do you mean the 30 day entry stamp/visa waiver? Or is this something special limited to UKians?

#8 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:32 AM

If u read my post this is for uk citizens no other country it diffrent for every country just check embassy website there are about 46 countries under the Visa Exemption just check what rules apply to your own country 8)

I belive this is what u looking for answer to u question as u country is not under that agreement.

List of countries which have special agreements with Thailand entitling their nationals to enter under the “Visa On Arrival
Rule” for a single stay of up to 15 days

1. Bhutan 2. China 3. Cyprus 4. Czech Republic
5. Estonia 6. Hungary 7. India 8. Kazakstan
9. Latvia 10. Liechtenstein 11. Lithuania 12. Maldives
13. Mauritius 14. Oman 15. Poland 16. Saudi Arabia
17. Slovakia 18. Slovenia 19. Ukraine
The fee for this visa is 1,000 baht (approx £15), subject to change.

Entry with Visa

Persons, whatever their age, not eligible to enter Thailand under the “Visa Exemption Rule” or the “Visa on Arrival Rule” must be in possession of a valid Tourist Visa or Non-Immigrant Visa, which must cover their entire period of stay in Thailand, before they attempt to enter Thailand. Persons of the nationalities listed below are entitled to a stay of 60 days provided they hold a valid tourist visa or 90 days if they hold a valid non-immigrant visa:-
1. Australia 2. Austria 3. Bahrain 4. Belgium 5. Brunei
6. Canada 7. Denmark 8. Finland 9. France 10.Germany
11.Greece 12.Hong Kong 13.Iceland 14.Indonesia 15.Ireland
16.Israel 17.Italy 18.Japan 19.Kuwait 20.Laos
21.Luxembourg 22.Macao 23.Malaysia 24.Netherlands 25.New Zealand
26.Norway 27.Oman 28.Philippines 29.Portugal 30.Qatar
31.Singapore 32.South Africa 33.Spain 34.Sweden 35.Switzerland
36.Turkey 37.United Arab Emirate 38.United Kingdom 39.United States 40.Vietnam

#9 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

Here is a list of countries under the

Visa Exemption
Conditions applying to persons wishing to enter Thailand under the “Visa Exemption Rule” are as follows:-
Passport holders of any of the 46 countries listed below are entitled to enter Thailand under the “Visa Exemption Rule” for a maximum period of 90 days in any 6-month period

a) Purpose of visit is strictly tourism.
b) Must be in possession of a confirmed flight ticket (e-ticket acceptable) to show they will be
exiting Thailand within 30 days of entry. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling overland out of
Thailand to check-in for a flight from an airport in another country (Malaysia, Singapore, etc) is
not accepted.
c) Having access to living expenses of 20,000 baht (approx £300) per person or 40,000 baht
(approx £600) per family. It may be necessary to be able to prove this on entry.

List of countries which have special agreements with Thailand entitling their nationals to enter under the “Visa Exemption Rule” for a single stay of up to 30 days provided they can satisfy the conditions above
1. Argentina 2. Australia 3. Austria 4. Bahrain 5. Belgium
6. Brazil 7. Brunei 8. Canada 9. Chile 10. Denmark
11. Finland 12. France 13. Germany 14.Greece 15. Hong Kong
16. Iceland 17. Indonesia 18. Ireland 19. Israel 20. Italy
21. Japan 22. Kuwait 23. Laos 24. Luxembourg 25. Macao
26. Malaysia 27. Netherlands 28. New Zealand 29. Norway 30. Oman
31. Peru 32. Philippines 33. Portugal 34. Qatar 35. Russia
36. Singapore 37. South Africa 38. South Korea 39. Spain 40. Sweden
41. Switzerland 42. Turkey 43. United Arab Emirates 44. United Kingdom 45. United States
46. Vietnam

#10 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the effort gareth.

But this is a prime example of precisely why it is better to provide a link to an information source website.

:?

Meum cerebrum nocet

#11 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:18 AM

They to lazy to click a link, and they dont read the post :shock: propley :D and the keep asking the same questions i bet there loads of posts about this they only got to look back a bit

#12 chammy

chammy
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Take a look at http://www.thaivisa.com/

The rules changed recently (last year) and 'repeat' visa runs are not possible indefinately like they were in the past.

I'm guessing you read my post here.

there is no rule against repeat visa runs, as I wrote some consulates are now reluctant about them but technically they still are allowed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci