Smoking Ban in Bars from Feb.11th

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#85 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

I don't think anyone has actually said they "intentionally" light up when someone is eating next to them in a restaurant... I for one smoke 25-30 a day but would never ever light up in a restaurant... Cheers Donnykey

Its probobly a language issue but thats what he appeared to say .

As I said originally its about both sides being considerate . I have never told anyone to give up as " its up to them " .
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#86 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

As a smoker I welcome the ban in bars. It cuts down on my smoking! Certainly in Thailand it is no hardship to sit outside and have a smoke - in fact many staff sit outside their bars anyway.

The ruling here was to ban smoking in air conditioned, enclosed premises - so that excluded open beer bars. Fairly fair decision that hopefully caters to smokers and non-smokers alike.

I try to be a courteous smoker and normally try to avoid 'lighting up' when I am in the minority. Certainly smoking during a meal was a never something I would do - after dinner is OK.

So I try to be courteous to non-smokers and ask for their tolerance in return.

#87 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

IMO, There should be a complete ban on smoking in bars and public places world wide.
My father is a smoker however, when I visit him he does not light up.
Infact two nights ago I sent an LB packing whom I was all set to barfine because it was like kissing an ash tray :x

But where does it end, let’s just ban anything and everything that upsets other people, as I said all those damm cars and buses poluting MY atmosphere stop the lot of them, and let’s stop allowing alcohol as of course some people drink drive and kill and we have the cost of the hospital visit on top of that and of course while drinking some get violent and hurt others for no reason.... Hmm not too much of a stretch even to say lets ban gambling all those guys who spend the money that was needed to feed their family who waste it away and then nothing to pay the medical bills etc..

One man’s enjoyment is another’s poison and it doesn’t take much of a stretch to start banning everything and anything because it causes some people distress or upset.

Is it really a stretch to say lets ban alcohol as it does cause health problems, secondary deaths and can be downright offensive with violent individuals etc etc ..

Oh well as long as everything suits my taste and requirements screw anyone else’s choices... 8)

I dont think my father died from any of those other things you smokers keep bringing up . I dont think my brother needed a stint in an artery from any of those other things either .

Presumably you smokers dont believe in using Condoms either as all the experts must be wrong. :P

Going by your guys attitude I can only choose to enjoy a smoke free enviroment in a handfull of resturants and the Airport , as you want all the outdoor areas as well as the indoor areas.

You dont seem to have a clue that the world is changing around you while you bury your heads in the sand . :roll:
Good job smokers are a dying breed ( ooops I made a pun ) :shock:

ROFL you miss the point, (And sorry WTF with the condoms comments, get a grip.) I'm very happy to restrict the use to some areas and I've never said it wasnt bad for you, but lots of things in life are the same way, if you want to bury your head in the sand and focus on stopping that one thing YOU dont like then be prepared to find the same things happening to things you like and dont see as damaging.

Watch my lips, no more drinking for the lot of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its bad for YOU and been medically PROVEN to cause your death and other needless deaths by idiots drinking and driving etc and simply doing other things.

Are you prepared to give up drinking?!?! Hey and of course Sex spreads deseases and all sorts of other bad stuff ... so sorry no more sex !!!!!!!!!!

Take what ever extreme view you like but be prepared for lots of other people to take ones that are at odds with your enjoyment of life!

I'm happy to accept your arguments on why I shouldnt smoke so tell me why you should be able to drink ?! (Proven death by over doing it and a reduced life expectancy for slight over indulgance and of course the proven second hand deaths from drunks and about 100 other issues from hospital costs as seen in the UK!) And I wont be cheering when it happens, as it wont be because of the majority it will be a bloody minority looking out to make me live 5 years longer and be depressed the whole bloody time!)

#88 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

As a smoker I welcome the ban in bars. It cuts down on my smoking! Certainly in Thailand it is no hardship to sit outside and have a smoke - in fact many staff sit outside their bars anyway.

The ruling here was to ban smoking in air conditioned, enclosed premises - so that excluded open beer bars. Fairly fair decision that hopefully caters to smokers and non-smokers alike.

I try to be a courteous smoker and normally try to avoid 'lighting up' when I am in the minority. Certainly smoking during a meal was a never something I would do - after dinner is OK.

So I try to be courteous to non-smokers and ask for their tolerance in return.

Agree Rossco most of the smokers I know are considerate, although I am of the view that until the majority tells me no then any rule passed by some feel good minority that wants to save the whale can go screw themselves.

Thailand is proving at the moment that when given the CHOICE most smokers will walk away (Unless forced into no choice.) and choose to not go to bars/gogo's that ban us, and as seen that really hurts business..

I am not in any way shape or form defending inconsiderate people whether smokers, drinker or anything else... My enjoyment should NOT be at the expense of others :)

#89 Barely Legal

Barely Legal
  • Members
  • 5,637 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

Hi Guys,

Personally i agree with you all ... "Yeah right!" I here many of you say! As you know i find this topic boring as i hate being dicated to by governments and hypocrites! Here's a good one i don't like the "girlz" smoking so that make's me a hypocrite as well! Remember their guys we lose track of that sometimes.

Amongst farangs smoking let us get on with it please. We tolerate many other bad habits in the outside world on a daily basis and personally we all have choices or ... maybe we don't!

As Matchman mensions in an earlier post the guys that tend to smoke also tend to spend as they don't mind paying for their little pleasures.

Keep the bulding air-con high, ventilated and use that awful air freshener (which almost kills me) to please as many non-smokers as possible ... Amen!

Born to be a rebel ... Hee hee :wink: !
"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

#90 waltz

waltz
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

Every time I either to start to eat or just before my food arrives some inconsiderate wanker decides to light up next to me .

Hi doctor Phil!

I'm proud to be one of those inconsiderate wankers.

Come to Norway if you want a smoke free environment.

Freeze your balls off.

Meanwhile I think the captain said it best:
"look eh... Light em up. 'Cause were going down!"

Why do you deliberately light up when a non-smoker wants to eat ?
Funny sense of pride you have. :?

I was just bullshitting mate.

I'm not even used to smoking indoors in bars/restaurants anymore. We have the worlds strictest smoking law here in the Freezing Hell.

And if a non smoker asks - I will immediately put out my cigarette.

I, however, think that the smoking ban has gone too far some places. There used to be smoking and non-smokingsections. There are now a complete ban on smoking indoors in any public building in the Freezing Hell.
"Improvise, Adapt n' Overcum"
- G n' Karl
I come from the land up yonder, where your dick FREEZES HARD.

#91 waltz

waltz
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:32 AM

So.... Can anyone shed some light on the what the real differance is here????

Can I smoke in outside bars?
"Improvise, Adapt n' Overcum"
- G n' Karl
I come from the land up yonder, where your dick FREEZES HARD.

#92 Serna

Serna
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

Biggest offenders are the bar owners!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci