Smoking Ban in Bars from Feb.11th

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#73 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

Makes me laugh when I'm walking down the street smoking and someone walking in the opposite direction coughs as they pass me... As if my smoke has impaired their lungs in a nano-second... The drama :o

Happens a lot in Oz ...It makes me laugh too DC but it also gives me the shits...they don't do the fake cough when the thousands of buses go past them emitting their toxic fumes....Cheers Donnykey
Oh so happy when in LOS

#74 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

Not wanting to get at anybody here , I just wanted some clarity about the situation in Thailand .

Smokers seem to be reducing in numbers and its just a matter of time before the hardcore smokers are outnumbered . Its happened here and I think Ireland has gone through the change as well.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#75 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

IMO, There should be a complete ban on smoking in bars and public places world wide.
My father is a smoker however, when I visit him he does not light up.
Infact two nights ago I sent an LB packing whom I was all set to barfine because it was like kissing an ash tray :x

#76 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

IMO, There should be a complete ban on smoking in bars and public places world wide.
Infact two nights ago I sent an LB packing whom I was all set to barfine because it was like kissing an ash tray :x

You would'nt like Kaew then :( It took me hours to get the taste out of my mouth . I hope my GFE did'nt notice it . :oops:
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#77 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Agree about Kaew Phil, it certainly spoiled an otherwise nice session.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#78 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

Agree about Kaew Phil, it certainly spoiled an otherwise nice session.

Stay tuned as I have a bit to say about it in my report.

#79 waltz

waltz
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

Every time I either to start to eat or just before my food arrives some inconsiderate wanker decides to light up next to me .

Hi doctor Phil!

I'm proud to be one of those inconsiderate wankers.

Come to Norway if you want a smoke free environment.

Freeze your balls off.

Meanwhile I think the captain said it best:
"look eh... Light em up. 'Cause were going down!"
"Improvise, Adapt n' Overcum"
- G n' Karl
I come from the land up yonder, where your dick FREEZES HARD.

#80 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

But where does it end, let’s just ban anything and everything that upsets other people, as I said all those damm cars and buses poluting MY atmosphere stop the lot of them, and let’s stop allowing alcohol as of course some people drink drive and kill and we have the cost of the hospital visit on top of that and of course while drinking some get violent and hurt others for no reason.... Hmm not too much of a stretch even to say lets ban gambling all those guys who spend the money that was needed to feed their family who waste it away and then nothing to pay the medical bills etc..

One man’s enjoyment is another’s poison and it doesn’t take much of a stretch to start banning everything and anything because it causes some people distress or upset.

Is it really a stretch to say lets ban alcohol as it does cause health problems, secondary deaths and can be downright offensive with violent individuals etc etc ..

Oh well as long as everything suits my taste and requirements screw anyone else’s choices... 8)

#81 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

I am 100% with Pentire on this one.

#82 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

Every time I either to start to eat or just before my food arrives some inconsiderate wanker decides to light up next to me .

Hi doctor Phil!

I'm proud to be one of those inconsiderate wankers.

Come to Norway if you want a smoke free environment.

Freeze your balls off.

Meanwhile I think the captain said it best:
"look eh... Light em up. 'Cause were going down!"

Why do you deliberately light up when a non-smoker wants to eat ?
Funny sense of pride you have. :?

#83 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:44 AM

But where does it end, let’s just ban anything and everything that upsets other people, as I said all those damm cars and buses poluting MY atmosphere stop the lot of them, and let’s stop allowing alcohol as of course some people drink drive and kill and we have the cost of the hospital visit on top of that and of course while drinking some get violent and hurt others for no reason.... Hmm not too much of a stretch even to say lets ban gambling all those guys who spend the money that was needed to feed their family who waste it away and then nothing to pay the medical bills etc..

One man’s enjoyment is another’s poison and it doesn’t take much of a stretch to start banning everything and anything because it causes some people distress or upset.

Is it really a stretch to say lets ban alcohol as it does cause health problems, secondary deaths and can be downright offensive with violent individuals etc etc ..

Oh well as long as everything suits my taste and requirements screw anyone else’s choices... 8)

I dont think my father died from any of those other things you smokers keep bringing up . I dont think my brother needed a stint in an artery from any of those other things either .

Presumably you smokers dont believe in using Condoms either as all the experts must be wrong. :P

Going by your guys attitude I can only choose to enjoy a smoke free enviroment in a handfull of resturants and the Airport , as you want all the outdoor areas as well as the indoor areas.

You dont seem to have a clue that the world is changing around you while you bury your heads in the sand . :roll:
Good job smokers are a dying breed ( ooops I made a pun ) :shock:

#84 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

I don't think anyone has actually said they "intentionally" light up when someone is eating next to them in a restaurant... I for one smoke 25-30 a day but would never ever light up in a restaurant... Cheers Donnykey
Oh so happy when in LOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci