Smoking Ban in Bars from Feb.11th

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#13 porkchop

porkchop
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:10 PM

Left BKK 2 day's ago and you could still smoke inside all the bars/gogo's in Nana plaza,
One point, a taxi driver stopped me whilst walking passed Paragon smoking a cigarette and said you cannot walk and smoke you have to stop or i would be fined 2000, i checked with the tourist information and they confirmed this but i don't think all police are inforcing it as they saw me several times around Suk

#14 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

Left BKK 2 day's ago and you could still smoke inside all the bars/gogo's in Nana plaza,
One point, a taxi driver stopped me whilst walking passed Paragon smoking a cigarette and said you cannot walk and smoke you have to stop or i would be fined 2000, i checked with the tourist information and they confirmed this but i don't think all police are inforcing it as they saw me several around Suk

Bloody hell, so you can get 'done' for walking and smoking at the same time now?! :shock:

Thanks porkchop.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#15 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

what about flatulence?
fine as well?
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#16 Rainie

Rainie
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:46 PM

One point, a taxi driver stopped me whilst walking passed Paragon smoking a cigarette and said you cannot walk and smoke you have to stop or i would be fined 2000, i checked with the tourist information and they confirmed this but i don't think all police are inforcing it as they saw me several times around Suk

Smoking in public is no problem. But you will be fined for littering, when you throwing your cigarette on the street.

#17 porkchop

porkchop
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

Smoking in public is no problem. But you will be fined for littering, when you throwing your cigarette on the street.

Yes i'm aware of that, thats always been the case, but according to the tourist information this law now applies, her words were you have to stop/sit

#18 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:33 AM

Curious to know if any smokers have experienced the impact of the ban and how has it affected things.

In a gogo bar for example, do you have to clear your check-bin and step outside for a smoke, or do you pay per beer instead?

Is it no-smoking in the open beer bars in Nana Plaza and Pattaya?

Meum cerebrum nocet

#19 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

#20 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:49 PM

My father and many of my friends being smokers PP I don't quite see it that way :lol:
Smoking bans were being enforced in many bars & every restaurant before I left Pattaya in late Feb. I reckon smokers are going to be ok in Cambodia for a good while though :lol: You venture into bars and discos of Phnom Penh and the aroma is of a strong narcotic nature with no one complaining or giving a shit :shock:

#21 daones

daones
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

So far only 1 bar i went to enforced this rule as of last week.. and even then thats when the BIB were closing bars early. I went to maybe 4 go go's around walking street i smoked in all of them.. the only one i had to go outside to smoke was stringfellows.
whos ya daddy?

#22 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

#23 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

I was just curious for an update; once the piffle was filtered out I got it.

Thanks pentire and daones.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#24 porkchop

porkchop
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:10 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci