• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 brutalshaft

brutalshaft
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

Hi guys,

Well after 2 years of being away from LBs (in thailand & else where for that matter) I am back again.

I have been a member here for a long time, but have not been able to really keep up-to-date and after reading the posts i feel a bit left out!!!

i am planning a trip to Thailand later this month and am looking for suggestions / advise.

The BIG question is Phuket or Pattaya?

I know the choice is truly personal but would love to hear some views about Phuket, from reading most of the posts i find the Pattaya seems to be a more popular choice ....

I have never been to Phuket before and probably that is the main reason i want to go there .... BUT i so much love Pattaya!!!! The perfect place!!!

So if anyone can give me unbaised (hehehe) suggestions i would love to hear them ... i guess the main factors i am looking at are:
> Accommodations & general safety
> LB Bar / club scene

Also would much love to hear from anyone who has been both places ...

I am planning bet Sept 23 to Sept 27 and a wingman would be more than welcome ....

Any suggestion will be much appreciated....

Khob Khun Krab ....

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

This question has been done to death on this forum & others, and as you rightly say it's very much a personal choice.

If your main objective is ladyboys, then Pattaya wins by a country mile.

If you like the beach and being in a totally sanitised tourist mecca, then perhaps you should visit Phuket.

I couldn't stand being hassled by tailors & shopkeepers continually, being overcharged for everything (relative to anywhere else in Thailand) and being stared at like a freak simply because I had a ladyboy in my company.

I've had in excess of 20 trips to Thailand, and only one to Phuket, so I guess that pretty much sums up my perspective.

I would like to go back at some stage purely to catch up with the ladyboy scene, but Pattaya's ladyboy scene currently is incredibly hard to beat.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#3 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

I would agree with Koykaeng's comments. Think about the main reason why you want to go to Thailand (as if this needs to be asked :wink: ). If you want to meet as many lbs as possible, Pattaya is your choice. If you want to save money on your hotel to spend more money on entertainment Pattaya is ahead as well.

Phuket does have some lovely ladies on Patong Beach - Soi Bangla is the center of lb activity - and of course there is the Phuket Simon Cabaret. It also has great beaches.

I have been to Phuket about 5 times and Pattaya 10 times. I enjoy both places, but for different reasons, so in the famous Thai saying "Up to you!" :D

#4 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

KK is right about the lb scene being better in Pattaya. We just cant compete here in Phuket with the sheer volume available in Pattaya. However our beach is miles better and you can swim in the sea without catching something horrible. And there are plenty of stunning lbs here. Yes everything is more expensive but ST is still only 1000 - 2000 baht. Its a beautiful island with plenty of places to see, boat trips to stunning islands, great diving in crystal clear water, etc etc
Why not split your visit: have a few days in Phuket and see how it goes. You can always return to Mecca when you feel the need for wall to wall sex.[/i]

#5 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

KK is right about the lb scene being better in Pattaya. We just cant compete here in Phuket with the sheer volume available in Pattaya. However our beach is miles better and you can swim in the sea without catching something horrible. And there are plenty of stunning lbs here. Yes everything is more expensive but ST is still only 1000 - 2000 baht. Its a beautiful island with plenty of places to see, boat trips to stunning islands, great diving in crystal clear water, etc etc
Why not split your visit: have a few days in Phuket and see how it goes. You can always return to Mecca when you feel the need for wall to wall sex.

I did contemplate a few days in Phuket whilst in Thailand earlier this month, mainly to see Cocktails & Dreams, and Soi Katoey, etc.

There are certainly some lovely ladyboys about, and more than enough to keep you amused.

If you have never seen Phuket, the idea of spending a few days there to evaluate for yourself isn't such a silly suggestion !

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#6 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

i was in both in my last trip 4 months ago... :D and i do have to say i prefer pattaya... :wink:

why you can read in the post above, cause i would say the same.. 8)

well if you choose pattaya,i would recomend Jasmine hotel...read about it the travel forum..cheap-clean and location...you cant beat it... :lol:

iam in pattaya together with some other forummembers at the time you arrive...staying at Jasmine...you can post in my thread in the classifed section if you want to meet up for some beer and hunting.. 8)

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#7 zokk

zokk
  • Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

I've only ever been to Phuket so this year 6 days Pattaya 6 days Phuket
and 3 days in Bkk. Internal flights are really cheap with Nok or Air Asia.

#8 Ladyboy Lust

Ladyboy Lust
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

Actually it was me, who asked the same question last year, BEFORE going Pattaya... and I never regret deciding to go to Pattaya then Puketh...

anyway.. my good lads are going soon to Puketh... I wished I could join them...

maybe next time..

#9 mazza

mazza
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

hi,
pattaya 500 to 1000 baht, phuket 1500 to 2000 baht.

#10 brutalshaft

brutalshaft
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

wow .... thanks a lot guys ... you guys really are the best ....

Koykaeng, batman4ever u guys rock!!!

jimbo34, mate i would love to split my visit ... but rather than doing 3 nights in one and 2 in the other ... i'd rather do 5 in one and really take in place the most i can ....

yeah the main attraction to Phuket, apart from the LBs, is that the natural beauty is wondrous .....

i was knida leaning on Pattya esp since reading the posts, all those amazing memories come flooding back & after being away for almost 2 years reliving them will be awesome!!!!

so yeah sorry Phuket i will take in your beauty next time ....

yeah batman4ever i did kinda figure that Jasmine was the best place ... so i hope i can get a reservation there ..... & i hope we can meet up .... first round on me .......

cheers all!!!!! & wish me luck!!!

#11 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:19 AM

good comments gentlemen,
in the same situation myself.
after having two 30 day stays in pattaya this year.
me and cyp73 have decided to give phucket another crack.
flight with nok air was 1000 baht, and its 700 a night in the C&N hotel with no guest charge.
we like the cabaret shows, and have a few old faces it will be nice to see.
with all the reports of a bad low season in pattaya, im interested to see how patong is.

have to say, i do remember stupid falang staring quite a bit, seems you get more familys and couples in soi crocodile gauping at me with the lb,s.
meanwhile the husband is secretly wishing he was me. :lol:
so, ill put on a good show gents, trust me.

still debating whether to get to pattaya for my last week.
i know batman is there, and 131 is a great meeting place for fellow board members.
and as for linda bar.................... :twisted:
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#12 cyp73

cyp73
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:01 AM

Actually it was me, who asked the same question last year, BEFORE going Pattaya... and I never regret deciding to go to Pattaya then Puketh...

How can you write this comment Entrox??? You have NEVER been to Phuket. :? So you really shouldn't comment. Still, you'll be missed though of course.

Phuket is great, but I never found the Cocktails & Dreams route the best. There are gems to be found in Moulin Rose, various 'gg' bars and also Paradise complex. It has the added bonus of looking nicer than Pattaya which is mostly a cess pit. I still like Pattaya though, there are more of them (LBs), but you still have more than enough in Phuket. What Phuket is this year though, I'll have to wait and see??? Two weeks to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci