Koykaeng's Contiki Tour - August 2007

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#229 happyman

happyman
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:21 AM

Somehow I dont think you can really complain about missng out on your fair share.( no offence )

#230 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

Day 10
Well it had to come to an end eventually......... :cry: Not the trip report mind you, just my time in Pattaya !

I proceeded to check out and was presented with a bill for a little over 15,000 Baht. Pretty good value really when you consider that was for 9 nights accommodation, a couple of room service meals daily, laundry every second day, plus the cost of a transfer to Bangkok in a luxury vehicle. That's roughly $440 USD at todays exchange rates.

Jumped into the car, picked up a couple of fellow ladyboy enthusiasts who had arranged to share the car with me, and headed in the general direction of Bangkok.

Had been staying at the Dynasty Inn Grande (DIG) the last few trips, but decided to give one of the recently renovated rooms in the front building of the original Dynasty Inn a try this time. I booked a Deluxe Room for 1800 Baht, and overall it was pretty nice. Not quite as fancy as the DIG, but you can't beat the location, and the room was brand new and a good size.

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#231 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:17 AM

Hi Koykaeng , I've been enjoying reading your report I'm still planning my next trip and was thinking about staying in the Dig in both Bangkok and Pattaya , do they let you pay by credit card or do they usually ask for cash every couple of days .
I was surprised at the Jasmine asking for cash only as I was quite happy to pay for the stay on my credit card but I guess the budget hotels would rather have cash.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#232 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

Do they let you pay by credit card or do they usually ask for cash every couple of days .
I was surprised at the Jasmine asking for cash only as I was quite happy to pay for the stay on my credit card but I guess the budget hotels would rather have cash.

Hi Phil,

I have been staying at the Dynasty Inn groups hotels for many years, and have always paid via Credit Card, as I like to save my cash for other requirements. :D

Normal procedure is that they take an impression of your nominated credit card at check in as a guarantee. This slip is then destroyed when you check out and they process the actual amount accrued over your stay.

P.S I was sure there was at least one forum member enjoying my trip report ! :lol:

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#233 options01

options01
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

Next stop was Blue Ice Bar, and despite this place being a hub of activity on most evenings, I didn't pick up a single LB here the entire trip. The fact so many of them are under age certainly doesn't help, but that aside the overall style ....

Hi KK!

Thanks so much for your interesting trip report! I've really discovered a log thru this forum and am pleased to be a member.

You made a notation about underage girls in one bar. I've seen similar comments regarding other clubs as well in various forum postings and my curiosity has lead me to ask some questions:

If it's so obviously illegal to have girls under 18 working in the bars, how can they be employed? Do the owners unknowingly hire them (i.e. they give fake ids)? Or do they just turn the other cheek thinking ANY more cute and sexy girls in the house will only bring in more customers. And, what goes takes place off the premises is, well, 'up to you'.

Does the Thai version of the vice squad plant these girls for purposes of trapping the unsuspecting farang? Do the girls report back to the police after you send her home following an evening of partying, armed with knowledge of your hotel, name, photos, etc.?

I hope not you, nor anyone, is offended with my direct questions. Here's where I'm coming from: I know myself too well that I'd probably be the (unlucky) one to pick the youngest out of the group. And I really do not want to test the bounds of the Thai legal system and learn how far my plea of ignorance would take me.

B

#234 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

Hi KK , thanks its amazing how much information you can pick up from reading these reports . I just hope my next trip will be worth a trip report from me.
Like you say I'd rather have cash for entertainment and not have to worry about the hotel bill till later.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#235 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

If it's so obviously illegal to have girls under 18 working in the bars, how can they be employed? Do the owners unknowingly hire them (i.e. they give fake ids)? Or do they just turn the other cheek thinking ANY more cute and sexy girls in the house will only bring in more customers. And, what goes takes place off the premises is, well, 'up to you'.

Does the Thai version of the vice squad plant these girls for purposes of trapping the unsuspecting farang? Do the girls report back to the police after you send her home following an evening of partying, armed with knowledge of your hotel, name, photos, etc.?

Hi Options01,

This is not a simple issue, infact far from it, and you really need to appreciate the way things operate in Thailand in a more general sense.

For starters prostitution itself is illegal in Thailand despite all evidence to the contrary.

In most cases you will not find under age LB's "employed" by the bars, however they may well be on the premises in a freelance capacity or lurking out front.
There have been a handful of instances where A go go bars have had under age LB's working, but thankfully this is fairly rare occurance.

The bottom line is that you need to ask the question about age if you suspect they may be under age. Believe it or not a number of LB's in Pattaya informed me they were only 17 years old when I enquired, so that made it easy for me to rule them out of calculations for the night.

I recommend that if unsure you check the I.D Card or ensure it is checked by the hotel reception.
Providing the hotel is reputable, they will let you know the LB in your presence is under age.

As for your conspiracy theory about "police stings", in my experience this is highly unlikely, and the drug issue is a much more relevant item taking up police resources.

In summary, just use some common sense, and if in doubt, find someone else you are confident about with regard to age.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#236 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:16 PM

Stepped outside The Dynasty Inn, with the intention of strolling over to Guess Bar for some early evening drinks. Just as I hit the footpath, the rain started to bucket down, so I jumped into the next passing taxi, and after a brief scenic tour of Bangkok I was eventually deposited at the Sukhumvit 1 Plaza Beer Bars, the home of Guess Bar. :)

Attached Files

#237 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

As I entered Guess Bar, the mesmerising Jane wasted little time in exhibiting her charms. Despite her best efforts, I continued to act disinterested, although at times I can't deny pondering what it would be like.

Attached Files

#238 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

Mardhi arrived a little later and was keen to shoot a commercial for this new beer they'd added to the drinks list....

You can get it pullin a plough
You can get it rootin a cow
As a matter of fact I got it now....
Jane Extra Smooth........It goes down like a charm !

Attached Files

#239 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

The lovely cocoa butter goddess....... Nui

Attached Files

#240 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

A few more impressions of the Guess Bar talent...

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci