Photo

Behind The Smile.....A Farang Residents View !

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#37 bensark

bensark
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

the points for posts system certainly has generaed a lot of useless threads in the forums, however this is not one of them, great efforts.

#38 oifarang

oifarang
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

:arrow:

#39 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:40 AM

Do not get "involved" unless you mean to - they take relationships seriously after only a short courtship. They then demand unyielding loyalty which they also give in return.

Thai gals is the best liars I seen(ahh after Phillipinas). Dont you ever trust any of them including "good gilrs" for 100%.

#40 pleasecumforme

pleasecumforme
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:41 PM

good to know........local, laws/customs etc etc...ignorance can get you killed

#41 exPat

exPat
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

On the subject of the cheapness of life, I'd like to relate a story that was told to me. A friend of mine who is a former marine told me of his experiences in Thailand. He was visiting a brothel with his buddies, and one of them ran afoul of one of the girls there. She had stipulated no anal, and in his excited thrusting, he slipped out and bumped her asshole. Without warning, she produced a knife and stabbed him in the shoulder. Unfortunately for her, his reaction was as quick as hers, and far more lethal. The alarm went out, as described to me, "Police your dicks, marines, we're rolling out NOW!" None of the marines were caught, and my friend's story ended there, but I think it illustrates clearly that life is quite cheap, not just in Thailand but everywhere in the third world (I heard similar stories about Haiti as well). The secondary lesson I learned from this was that if you want a level of comfortable security in the third world with little risk of death or serious injury, hang out with marines.

#42 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

A comment on the story about the mentally handicapped guy who got beaten to death for smashing a Buddha statues. I understand Buddhists hold the belief that people who are handicapped in any way are so because they are being punished for sins committed in their previous life. This may explain why the people who beat him to death chose not to take into consideration that he may not have had any real concept of what he was doing, they most probably thought it was a planned calculated attack. A very unfortunate thing to happen though.
Also, in regard to respecting the King, should you happen to drop a coin on the ground and it rolls away, don't step on the coin to stop it, that would be extremely disrespectful, putting dirty feet on the King, things could turn very ugly if you do.

LB3048

#43 Kinkoy

Kinkoy
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

Rossco, very good post, it does sum up all my believes, and experience too.
And I have some inside knowledge. My first visit to Thailand was in 1987, and I lived there one year in 1990 with my wife to become.
And been there regulary on hollidays since.
We married in 1991, and that terminated just six months ago.

But there is one thing I do strongly disagree on, that is this statement:

“As life has little value (earthly life under Buddhism is just a phase into a greater life) it means that they do not place a high price on life”.

Buddhism value life more than we do in Christians believes. Just because you can hire some one to kill a person for 5000B, has nothing to do with there religious believes. And I don’t say that you mean that, just pointing it out.

A Buddhist monk will not even dream about killing a mosquito biting him, he will gently push it away without killing it, because all life is pressures to them.
The life here on earth is like you say a phase to the next stage, not necessary into a greater life.
That all depends on how you live you life here, now. And you can be a prostituted and still live a good life, it is more about how you behave and treat you fellow members on earth.
And because they have this believe, doesn’t mean they gonna live up to it every day.
Same as we in the western world don’t live up to the ten commandments every day either.
We all have bad seeds in our community, so don’t judge the Thai life and thinking from their behaviour.

I think the Thais are wonderful people, and as long as we are guests in theire country, we should try to behave like guest. If you treat them and their belives with respect, they will respect you more, and you r holiday will become a lot more pleasant.

Regarding to books, Money Number One, is a good book for first time visitors.
That will easy put you on the ground, from being a “Sexy Man” to a tourist and guest in THEIR country.

Here is a quote from the book on how their priorities are:
1. Money
2. Gold
3. Food
4. Sleeping
5. Her child or children
6. Grand parents, mother & father
7. Her real Thai husband or boyfriend. Or other family members.
8. Her Thai friends
9. Every other Thai person in the world
10. The family buffalo
11. Pet, dog, cat or rat
12. The fleas on pet dog, cat or rat
13. YOU!

Have a lot of fun
Kinkoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci