• Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

Here are a few preview pictures of just some of the Club 131 Ladyboys;

http://www.lb-69.com...s.php?album=339

The Bar is OPEN FOR BUSINESS !!

Enjoy
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#98 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:33 PM

Some great girls. I really like May & Lio. I wish I could be there tonight to enjoy the opening. Oh, and of course the girls. :twisted: Good luck again Franck! Have a great night and a successful business!

#99 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:50 AM

I am a great fan of the Areca Lodge and have stayed there several times. Not aware of a back entrance to the hotel, however. How is this entrance accessed?

It's not that complicated. You still have to enter through the front gates, but just walk around to the left of teh building instead of going through reception.

Walk along the left side of the building, through the car park and round to the right, then you are left between the two accomodation blocks and you can enter either without passing reception.

Although there is no real need to do this, because the place seemed completetly LB/Girl friendly. I only did this after flirting with one of the staff (a GG) and then felt bad walking by her with an LB.

Areca lodge really is my favourite pad in Pattaya at the moment, only stayed there the once so far, but will be back there again soon.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#100 Powerbob

Powerbob
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:08 AM

Well I don't usually post about other bars, esp LadyBoy bars but as no one seems to want to report from the "Grand Opening" last night, I will.

I was looking forward to visiting 131 Bar, esp after all the hype 8)
I met up in Stringfellows with a friend of mine who is in to LB's, Alex.

After a few beers we walked down the soi to the 131 Bar. While walking Alex explained that he had already been twice to the bar that day, both times no LB's present!

We got to the bar at 7.40 and were greeted by Frank the owner, a very pleasant guy (comes from portugal). He immediatly offered to show us round the bar. I noticed there were 4 LB's present, I mentioned this to Frank and he stated that 15 more were coming.

The bar is nicely done out, if a little OTT for my liking but hey, that's just me. At 8.10 2 more Ladyboys turned up, Rose + Aom from Didi's bar. That made 6 LB's! (no sign of the other 9 as yet)

Well we had a few drinks, Alex started playing pool with one of the resident LB's and Frank offered us a snack from the Buffet (?) Glad I had eaten before :roll: Steve came in from Asian TS to say Hi, that made 6 customers present. At 8.35 the ladyboys from Didi said they were going for a walk round the block and would be back in 20 mins! (they never returned, I met them later in the night at Didi's bar and they said they weren't going back) that left 2 LB's!.

I am sorry but that was a piss poor showing for a "Grand" opening as it was billed. No balloons, drinks were very slow in comming, ie I had to get the attention of either the bar-keeper or cashier to get a drink. The buffet was just toasted, cold sandwiches plus what looked like small sausages!

I left at about 10pm, no more LB's had arrived, Steve met me in Stringfellows later and told me the remaining 2 ladyboys wanted to leave as well.

My facet, well without LB's it aint going to do well, it's a nice bar, and the owner is a great guy but I think this is a project that has been too rushed. Shame.

Bob

#101 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:40 AM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the report...................I think. :cry:

I also get the impression things have been rushed in an attempt to start trading ASAP.

The venue looks extremely "shagadelic", and has lots of potential.

Even the Ladyboy talent lined up was looking great.

Hopefully it will all come together real quickly, and be a success for Franck, and another venue for all Ladyboy lovers.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#102 Powerbob

Powerbob
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

The Bar has great potential, and Frank is really a very nice guy, but it has definately been too rushed an opening!

For example, before I opened Stringfellows I had 2 months of planning
preceding the event! Hence when we opened the doors I had Ladyboys!

I thought long and hard before posting my report, a 2nd LB bar in soi 13/1 would definately be a plus for both establishments, but last night's opening was sad. I welcome critique on Stringfellows, it helps to improve the bar, and as such, mine will I hope as well for the 131.

I will go back to the bar, and have a drink with Frank, (if he doesn't shoot me after my report :lol: ) to show my support.

Bob

#103 franck

franck
  • Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

Well I don't usually post about other bars, esp LadyBoy bars but as no one seems to want to report from the "Grand Opening" last night, I will.

I was looking forward to visiting 131 Bar, esp after all the hype 8)
I met up in Stringfellows with a friend of mine who is in to LB's, Alex.

After a few beers we walked down the soi to the 131 Bar. While walking Alex explained that he had already been twice to the bar that day, both times no LB's present!

We got to the bar at 7.40 and were greeted by Frank the owner, a very pleasant guy (comes from portugal). He immediatly offered to show us round the bar. I noticed there were 4 LB's present, I mentioned this to Frank and he stated that 15 more were coming.

The bar is nicely done out, if a little OTT for my liking but hey, that's just me. At 8.10 2 more Ladyboys turned up, Rose + Aom from Didi's bar. That made 6 LB's! (no sign of the other 9 as yet)

Well we had a few drinks, Alex started playing pool with one of the resident LB's and Frank offered us a snack from the Buffet (?) Glad I had eaten before :roll: Steve came in from Asian TS to say Hi, that made 6 customers present. At 8.35 the ladyboys from Didi said they were going for a walk round the block and would be back in 20 mins! (they never returned, I met them later in the night at Didi's bar and they said they weren't going back) that left 2 LB's!.

I am sorry but that was a piss poor showing for a "Grand" opening as it was billed. No balloons, drinks were very slow in comming, ie I had to get the attention of either the bar-keeper or cashier to get a drink. The buffet was just toasted, cold sandwiches plus what looked like small sausages!

I left at about 10pm, no more LB's had arrived, Steve met me in Stringfellows later and told me the remaining 2 ladyboys wanted to leave as well.

My facet, well without LB's it aint going to do well, it's a nice bar, and the owner is a great guy but I think this is a project that has been too rushed. Shame.

Bob

Bob
I accept (I have to…) all the critiques with a good mood, even if they are a little bit unfair.
Answering (step by step) to your post:
“No one seems to want to report from the “Grand Opening” last night”.
It is normal, especial in Pattaya that no one gets to the computer early in the morning before you did.
In fact, Alex walked in front of the Bar twice around 6 pm and no LBs yet there...
You should know (better then me) that the ladyboys as the (bad) habit to start to work late, like for instance, at Jenny Star Bar, Blue Ice or even Didi’s.
After (or before..) Rose and Aom also Patty and Nancy from Didi’s were there and if they leave the place sooner is because (officially) they start to work for me in a full time, after Didi’s close, in about 2/3 weeks.
Bob, I never mentioned to no one about a “GRAND OPENING” with a large Buffet with Lobsters, King Prawns, etc.
I recon that some sandwiches, chicken, sausages, fried rice is not a big deal to satisfy the appetite, but as you said, probably I rushed too fast to open the place, but I had my reasons to do so.
Pity that you leave the Club 131 at 10 pm.
I wished that you stay longer to extend your report…
Coincidently, after you leave, May, Pui, Janny, Ann, Manau and a few more were coming, as you can check (later on) the pics on this site.
Also, I get some more customers to join the 6!! that I had on your leaving time.
BTW, your friend Alex (lovely person) leave the place about 2 am...
Bob, as I said above, I accept all the critiques with grace and I’m working hard to get the right staff.
With time, I try to eliminate the wrong things that you found out. Just give me the time that I need to be well organized.
Thanks a lot for your words concerning my personality and I should say the same about you, that it was really a pleasure to have a chat with you and I’m looking forward to see you again in my place or … in yours.
Cheers,
Franck
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort ...

#104 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Like any new venture it needs to be given time to find it's feet and it's market place. To be honest, I rather feared that opening night was going to unfold in the way which Powerbob described.
The Ladyboy lovers among us are a subculture and guys like to gingerly find there way to these establishments in single file rather than turning up in groups.
But I have a good feeling about the place and it can only be a asset to both establishments that Stringfellows and Club 131 are in the same neighbourhood.
I just wish I was still there to be road testing some of those babes.

#105 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

Like any new venture it needs to be given time to find it's feet and it's market place. To be honest, I rather feared that opening night was going to unfold in the way which Powerbob described.
The Ladyboy lovers among us are a subculture and guys like to gingerly find there way to these establishments in single file rather than turning up in groups.
But I have a good feeling about the place and it can only be a asset to both establishments that Stringfellows and Club 131 are in the same neighbourhood.
I just wish I was still there to be road testing some of those babes.

6 months wasnt enough for the road testing?..hehe

#106 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

:lol: Well as my friend mardhi said to me....''You need to leave some for next time''

But, I just need to decide...When is next time :?:

#107 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:42 PM

I think Pat hits the nail on the head. It's completely different from a GG bar as most LB fans approach a new bar very gingerly and attention will grow slowly rather than start with a rush and then decrease. The idea of an opening night is often off putting, unfortunately a lot fo LB admirers still suffer from shame and the need to be discreet, the balloons and fan fare of an opening night can draw attention.

I spoke to a friend just after Guess bar opened and her went their twice within the first two weeks and found the place virtually empty. I went there myself a month after it ahd opened and it was quiet, and it felt like such a shame. But returning again several times I noticed it was slowly starting to get more attention as the days and weeks went on, and now business seems healthy for them. This is also considering that guess bar also opened in time for the run towards peak season, where as club 131 seems to be opening as high season fades and we head into low season.

I hope Franck has the resilience and patience to keep everythnig going through the opening weeks and things will sure pick up.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#108 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

Franck, I wish you well in your new venture. I for one will be a patron.
Look forward to meeting you, and the measure of success is not on an opening night - but how the mangement react to all comments and improve the business.

It takes time, and i wish you well.

Best Regards,
BRIT
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci