• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#13 rayton

rayton
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:59 AM

Is It GG Friendly Hotel?

hahahahaha, thats the first time i've ever heard anyone asking if a hotel is predjudiced against non-ladyboys :D

#14 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:46 AM

Although I never had pleasure of having GG company in Thailand I don't think there is any Walking Street hotel refusing GG company of guests. :angel:

BR

#15 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

One of the owners is a good friend of mine. I like the place when I want to stay up that end of town and the stairs aren't a big issue for me (just looked at their website and it appears they now HAVE an elevator). I know they turned the restaurant into a go-go bar but I think they now have a coffee shop again.

#16 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:26 AM

I've always enjoyed my stays at Jasmine...and Cheerful :D
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#17 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

i thought about it, is it cockroache free, and clean??

#18 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

I stayed at Jasmine Hotel back in 2006 and 2007. It is a basic economy hotel - small rooms and back then was clean. However some recent reports mentioned it was in need of maintenance, and seemed to be a bit run down. They did offer free wifi, but signal strength was a bit spotty when I stayed, so I had to change rooms a few times if you need to access the internet and your e-mail.

I would say for a short stay it might be ok, but any longer than a few days you would probably be better off elsewhere.

#19 SwineCanine

SwineCanine
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION does not get any better! I particularly liked the short cut through to Soi Marine and Soi Lucky Star...... used it many times to avoid a jealous one on Walking Street.

It's right next to EZY Bar.

Now that sounds great, party at EZY till sunrise then stumble into bed but I think it's a negative that it's so close to EZY. Everytime you bring a girl home you have to pass EZY so your cumings and goings are so discreet.

I use the short cut all the time but you still have to pass EZY to get to the Jasmine.

#20 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

I stayed at Jasmine Hotel back in 2006 and 2007. It is a basic economy hotel - small rooms and back then was clean. However some recent reports mentioned it was in need of maintenance, and seemed to be a bit run down. They did offer free wifi, but signal strength was a bit spotty when I stayed, so I had to change rooms a few times if you need to access the internet and your e-mail.

I would say for a short stay it might be ok, but any longer than a few days you would probably be better off elsewhere.

WiFi boosters on all floors now. What I like is having the kitchen facility, to me it's worth sacricficing a bit or room space for it. I normally stay in a place on Soi Lenke but when I want to be up that end of town the Jasmine suits me. I see what you mean about longer periods but as I'm normally not there more than 3 or 4 nights its no biggy to me.

#21 ladedaa69

ladedaa69
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

wheres the short cut to soi marine? I never saw it...!!

#22 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:59 AM

wheres the short cut to soi marine? I never saw it...!!

Turn right out of Ezy Bar.
Walk 10 paces then turn left along the side of a beauty salon.
Follow the passage past a minimart then you're out into the market.

It's easier to locate for the first time when you're leaving Ezy, then when you reach the market look back and see where you came out.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#23 Alaskan Bear

Alaskan Bear
  • Members
  • 740 posts
  • LocationAnchorage , Alaska

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

well i stayed their from February 20th until February 26th. the staff is very nice and they clean the rooms every day and restock toe mini bar. good prices on the drinks in the mini bar. cable tv is good/ but no phone in the room and you have to like stairs . the restaurant was under construction and they do not take credit cards/cash only. best thing is it is in the heart of walking street. but if you have a girl with you you may get some looks from the ezy staff. but if all you want is the ezy staff then this is the best place as i stayed their and only went to ezy every night. :angel: :angel:
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

General George Patton Jr

#24 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

On everyone's behalf I did the grand tour with paul the owner on Friday ( before a terrifying ride through Jomtien on his moster bike!). He's been a good friend of mine for about 6 years now but that does not influence what I write here. I am not trying to advertise the place, just give current impressions and an update. Interestingly I don't stay at Jasmine as I'm not keen on Walking Street.

Just to confirm, the indoor pool and restaurant are nearly complete. The elevator has been installed but he has been let down by the contractor and is still waiting for the control panels to be installed. This is being addressed by Mitsubishi in Bangkok now so should be resolved very quickly. Personally if i'm on the second or 3rd floor I don't give a toss anyway- exercise is good for you!! If ou do make your way up to the fifth floor there is agood view out to sea. All the rooms have or are in the process of being refurbished and Paul values ANY feedback.

For Mongers- turn out of Ezy, walk 10 paces and you're there! Picture is of the (soon to be filled) pool.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci