• 680 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Good!!! Now i can bring my goldfish! 8)

#26 SwineCanine

SwineCanine
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

restock toe mini bar. good prices on the drinks in the mini bar.

Yo AB, Do they have 20 baht Archas? :D

A pet peeve of mine is mini bars. When 7-11s are a minute away, I want an empty fridge and prefer to restock it myself. Besides the lower prices at 7-11 there is no chance of a mistake on the bill.

OK, one exception here, the Raming Lodge in Chiang Mai has a free minibar. :clapclap:

Even worse are places that have merchandise on display in the room for sale.

#27 Alaskan Bear

Alaskan Bear
  • Members
  • 740 posts
  • LocationAnchorage , Alaska

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

the mini bar was always full never had problem with the bill very nice staff.
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

General George Patton Jr

#28 boobsfucker

boobsfucker
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

On everyone's behalf I did the grand tour with paul the owner on Friday ( before a terrifying ride through Jomtien on his moster bike!). He's been a good friend of mine for about 6 years now but that does not influence what I write here. I am not trying to advertise the place, just give current impressions and an update. Interestingly I don't stay at Jasmine as I'm not keen on Walking Street.

Just to confirm, the indoor pool and restaurant are nearly complete. The elevator has been installed but he has been let down by the contractor and is still waiting for the control panels to be installed. This is being addressed by Mitsubishi in Bangkok now so should be resolved very quickly. Personally if i'm on the second or 3rd floor I don't give a toss anyway- exercise is good for you!! If ou do make your way up to the fifth floor there is agood view out to sea. All the rooms have or are in the process of being refurbished and Paul values ANY feedback.

For Mongers- turn out of Ezy, walk 10 paces and you're there! Picture is of the (soon to be filled) pool.

Hello Ivor!! I was in Jasmine hotel this May about 13 days.Staff attitude,location etc. is good.but I feel some problems.Like-key problem,Ac problem.I complained to reception & they commited to me that fixed those problems next day.But I was stayed 13 days & no come next days :D .i think u will talk ur friend about this.Hopping stay there my next trip. :love:

#29 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

the Raming Lodge in Chiang Mai

That would have to be the all time classic name for a hotel in Thailand :D

Thanks for the info on the Jasmine, I've decided to book there for January.

#30 housed

housed
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

there web site does not mention in room safe.

anyone know if they have an in room safe. i think this would be important to me. as because of all the additional charges Thai and my bank charge me when traveling abroad i would like to be using cash as much as possible so will bring cash with me and do not want to take too much out at any one time so the rest will have to be keep in a safe place, not just hidden in the room

#31 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

the Raming Lodge in Chiang Mai

That would have to be the all time classic name for a hotel in Thailand :D

Thanks for the info on the Jasmine, I've decided to book there for January.

I must be getting old and slow witted, I have stayed at Raming Lodge, and drunk a hundred times at The Old Bell Pub next door, the name never struck me as funny until I read your post, I was with the wife when I stayed there, so no LB Raming, unlike my solo stays at Jasmine which bring back happier memories of Raming.
Another thing....free minibar at Raming, how the fcuk did I miss that :harhar: :harhar:
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#32 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

I must be getting old and slow witted, I have stayed at Raming Lodge, and drunk a hundred times at The Old Bell Pub next door, the name never struck me as funny until I read your post, I was with the wife when I stayed there, so no LB Raming, unlike my solo stays at Jasmine which bring back happier memories of Raming.

Another thing....free minibar at Raming, how the fcuk did I miss that :harhar: :harhar:

"I must be getting old and slow witted"

I think you answered your own question

sorry Patrick couldnt resist

cheers kakila
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#33 ronny

ronny
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

anyone know if they have an in room safe

No in room safe but only downstairs near the reception in the internet room.

#34 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

anyone know if they have an in room safe. i think this would be important to me. as because of all the additional charges Thai and my bank charge me when traveling abroad i would like to be using cash as much as possible so will bring cash with me and do not want to take too much out at any one time so the rest will have to be keep in a safe place, not just hidden in the room

As mentioned above the safe deposit boxes are in the internet room. Proper safe boxes- the receptionist has the key to one lock, you hold the other key. She comes through, opens up, leave syou to it then locks up again after. Covered by the hotel CCTV as well.

#35 deep118

deep118
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

I am just wondering if they already install an elevator? And um.. do they have bidet/spray hose in their toilet? (please don't ask why it matters to me)

#36 Alaskan Bear

Alaskan Bear
  • Members
  • 740 posts
  • LocationAnchorage , Alaska

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

I am just wondering if they already install an elevator? And um.. do they have bidet/spray hose in their toilet? (please don't ask why it matters to me)

YES AND YES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci