Announcing GUESS BAR ? - New Ladyboy Venue

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:53 PM

Well it's nice to see so much concern being shown about the logo - from this I can assume, the designer has achieved what he set out to do - create a memorable and readily identifiable branding/logo. Suffice to say guys, the logo won't be changing as I know Jay has already started trademark registration for the exact logo you see after I suggested she should do so. The designer had to be carefull of what Guess Inc. has already trademarked, however his brief was to take the strong brand recognition of Guess and the attributes of that brand (fun, quality, reliability, value for money) and use them to create a subliminal message in people's minds. To that end, I'd say he does a very good job. Incidentally, I was with the designer when he was showing Jay all the designs he had done and he made a design similar to our friends, however it was rejected as it looked too messy and cluttered and not able to read from a distance. The end result logo is I think clean, unique and easily recognisable - the key attributes to a successfull logo. Dont forget a lot of Jay's customers are not speaking English as their first language - the key is simplicity.

Incidentally the choice of that font for the question mark was a deliberate move however I am not going to disclose on here why it was as its a sensative subject in trademark terms.

Cheers
Mardhi

#62 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

Yes the second one is better however, perhaps the real problem is in the name it's self as ''Guess Bar'' does nothing for me :?

I thought it was a great name, and the gentleman who suggested it was extremely clever. :wink:

The idea came from the notion that you are often sitting there trying to "Guess" if the beautiful "Girl" in front of you is infact a genetic woman or infact a ladyboy ?
Then you have to "Guess" what they may be hiding in their pants (pre or post op).

Oh Well, seemed like a good idea at the time.

As long as the bar is a success the rest is pretty much academic !

Cheers
Koykaeng

#63 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:51 PM

No Guess work on my part KK :lol: I do my research 8)

Shall make my maiden visit tomorrow, shame you can't join me :wink:

#64 lemarquisdesavoie

lemarquisdesavoie
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

Yes the second one is better however, perhaps the real problem is in the name it's self as ''Guess Bar'' does nothing for me :?

That's a fair point ;) But let's take one thing at a time :lol:

#65 whitestalion

whitestalion
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:17 PM

total agree, the place has style, comfort and lots of potential, was a bit quiet when i went there, but i can see great things for the place!, deffinatly looking forward to going back and nailing a few beers there!.
personaly, i think the name guess bar is a good name, when trying to guess, i got half wrong!
there can never be enough sex!
(formerely silentone)

#66 latte

latte
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:11 PM

This is my first post, guys. Great to have found this site! I've been to BKK once before, went to one of the bars in NEP- I think the one on the second floor, but had to leave because I was swamped with LBs who refused to let me just sit alone for a moment. The Guess Bar looks fantastic and I will be in BKK early Feb and intend to visit. Question- if you want to leave for a short time with someone, what are the options if going to your hotel is not possible?

#67 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:46 PM

Tip number 1. In Guess Bar go in and just sit at the bar, at least to begin with. The bar seems to be relatively off limits to the girls and allows you to order a drink, relax a bit and chat with Jay the owner. Going to sit straight on the sofa's seems to be an open invite for someone or some people to come and sit with you straight away which maybe you would prefer but at least you understand how things seem to work in their. Girls will talk to you at the bar but less likely to start pulling your cock out and massaging it than on the sofas LOL.

And hotel Wise - there is a hotel on the floor above Guess Bar - they have about 12 very nice rooms and the ST rate is 350 baht. You never need to leave the building and the staircase is about 20m from the bar itself.

Cheers
Mardhi

#68 latte

latte
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for that Mardhi. I think a was a bit concerned that I might leave the bar with someone to be led away to some less that suitable venue, if you know what I mean. Its also good to know I can go to the bar and not be hassled - until I'm ready to be, that is!

#69 DimitriWolfe

DimitriWolfe
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

I went to Guess Bar and did not even notice the "?" on the sign. My mind was fixed on other "things" and was filling my head with twisted fantasies of what was to cum.

I had a nice relaxing time there. Could chill out, talk, drink and have a good time without being mobbed by 40 ladyboys. For sure I will be spending more time here.

#70 philips

philips
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:39 AM

Fantastic post on the new LB bar!

Only been to a LB bar in NEP once and looking for new hangouts, so this seems like THE place!!!

Looking at the posts and pics, makes me wana take a short trip ASAP!!! hehe... :wink:

Hope to see more updated pics on this new bar!

Thanks!

#71 pog1701

pog1701
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:11 AM

Forget the Logo , look at the girls. If only I could be there tonight.
Hey

#72 dawkin

dawkin
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

Went to Guess bar a few days ago, at about 7pm, no other ferang there, tried to take Mardhis advice headed to the bar but got meet by Eat and another who name escapes me. I told them I wanted drink at bar but they would not have it, dragged my to one of the sofa, I had shorts on with elastic band and these two basically mauled me which I enjoyed at first but started to get a bit annoying as it was last night in BKK & I wanted to have a few beers and just get used to the atmosphere & selectively chose my LB.

There was lot of pressure for me to barfine both and quickly but I did not want to spend the xtra money and wanted to take my time before going upstairs.

I wished some other punter was there to take pressure off as I found it all a bit intimidating as I think almost every girl there helped her self to a feel and look at my cock which at times over a period of an hour lost its mojo under the scrutiny of so many eyes, including the stunning Jay and Mamasan Koko. In fact the old fella got a bit red & sore from being constantly jerked (with no lube) by one or more of the girls.

Anyhow it was interesting experience, I short timed EAT (who had big hard cock & sexy round arse) upstairs, in good modern, clean rooms but you have to the walk of shame past a few real lady bars enroute to staircase.

I would go back again next trip and try to take more control and certainly have a pair of jeans on for protection heh heh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci