• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#13 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Locationon the Gulf of Mexico

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Not sure this will interest many here but I'll mention it. A search on Pursat ladyboys will get you an article about them bein run off the main bridge there a few years ago. This article gives a number of 50 which I find unlikely. All I've really seen there is femboy types. The town shuts DOWN around 9 or 10, so forget nightlife like bars. You MIGHT be able to find some party spot by talkin to a moto in front of the place I stayed. One night he ran me out into the residential section to a typical kinda khmer hut with some girls hangin out in some red light. Seems likely you and a bud could find one of these and maybe get a little late party goin.

I stayed at a guesthouse across from the "bus station" which is really a few shophouse type things that each have a table or something for booking bus rides. From there you can head to the border with Thailand or to Phnom Penh or where ever. Room with cold water shower and fan was $4. Manager is a nice chinese khmer who speaks pretty good english. There's a few places to eat next door also. He'll also run someone out for food to be brought to you for a bit extra, not much.

First night there I saw a CUTE girl leaving and found out she was a pro who came regularly. To your door you get this sweetie for $10. No english so just enjoy the ride. Nice body and some of the best tits I ever fondled. As sunset approaches you'll see some of the femboys walking towards the bridge, past which a left turn will take you to the Market. They now hang out in a park on the other side of the river to the right of the bridge. *I* spotted one a few doors down going for food, and later on caught her next door to the guesthouse. NOT a looker but a real sweetheart. Again, no english but I would talk to her thru the manager in the lobby. Later I called in a couple leaving the park and heading home I guess. One named Ai-lin might have left her number with the manager. Blonde number as I recall. Thse girls are NOT thai quality for sure but seem more like a down home girl type. I've seen the same in Bkk, just better makeup and clothes. The girls got $20. The second one was pushin for 30. I met some gayboy in the park that was quite optimistic asking for FIFTY. hahahahaha

Personally I LIKE Pursat. It's under the Tone le Sap and you can side trip out to one of the better floating villages. Decent markety for a small town. I got Metfone 3G modem stick for the lappie, so I could basically go online anywhere in Cambodia there was a pop center. $12 a month plan got me 6gigs and that was about all I needed for a month. Very laid back place, good for resting up. Food is blah, but some poking around might find some green curry noodles for breakie and they have the bagettes like anywhere in Cambo. Flat of Coke was $7 a couple years ago, can't imagine it being much more now. Had some good medium rare roast beef chunks i sliced an put on a bagette. That's about it. Place could be better but hey, it's Cambodia :P

OH, also there's a new bar in Siem Reap across the lake that does a ladyboy show each week. Should not be hard to find googlin it. Expat owner. Seems like it could be a good place.

#14 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

:wlcm:

Hello JustSumGai,

That was an outstanding update on the Cambodian thread. It's been awhile, it seems, since anyone's provided an update, and I'm sure your information will be welcome to Cambodia fans.

For your first day as a forum member, and for your first post, this was a remarkably informative post. Welcome to the forum, and please feel free to contribute/comment on other threads.

Nix
Nix

#15 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Not sure this will interest many here but I'll mention it. A search on Pursat ladyboys will get you an article about them bein run off the main bridge there a few years ago. This article gives a number of 50 which I find unlikely. All I've really seen there is femboy types. The town shuts DOWN around 9 or 10, so forget nightlife like bars. You MIGHT be able to find some party spot by talkin to a moto in front of the place I stayed. One night he ran me out into the residential section to a typical kinda khmer hut with some girls hangin out in some red light. Seems likely you and a bud could find one of these and maybe get a little late party goin.

I stayed at a guesthouse across from the "bus station" which is really a few shophouse type things that each have a table or something for booking bus rides. From there you can head to the border with Thailand or to Phnom Penh or where ever. Room with cold water shower and fan was $4. Manager is a nice chinese khmer who speaks pretty good english. There's a few places to eat next door also. He'll also run someone out for food to be brought to you for a bit extra, not much.

First night there I saw a CUTE girl leaving and found out she was a pro who came regularly. To your door you get this sweetie for $10. No english so just enjoy the ride. Nice body and some of the best tits I ever fondled. As sunset approaches you'll see some of the femboys walking towards the bridge, past which a left turn will take you to the Market. They now hang out in a park on the other side of the river to the right of the bridge. *I* spotted one a few doors down going for food, and later on caught her next door to the guesthouse. NOT a looker but a real sweetheart. Again, no english but I would talk to her thru the manager in the lobby. Later I called in a couple leaving the park and heading home I guess. One named Ai-lin might have left her number with the manager. Blonde number as I recall. Thse girls are NOT thai quality for sure but seem more like a down home girl type. I've seen the same in Bkk, just better makeup and clothes. The girls got $20. The second one was pushin for 30. I met some gayboy in the park that was quite optimistic asking for FIFTY. hahahahaha

Personally I LIKE Pursat. It's under the Tone le Sap and you can side trip out to one of the better floating villages. Decent markety for a small town. I got Metfone 3G modem stick for the lappie, so I could basically go online anywhere in Cambodia there was a pop center. $12 a month plan got me 6gigs and that was about all I needed for a month. Very laid back place, good for resting up. Food is blah, but some poking around might find some green curry noodles for breakie and they have the bagettes like anywhere in Cambo. Flat of Coke was $7 a couple years ago, can't imagine it being much more now. Had some good medium rare roast beef chunks i sliced an put on a bagette. That's about it. Place could be better but hey, it's Cambodia :P

OH, also there's a new bar in Siem Reap across the lake that does a ladyboy show each week. Should not be hard to find googlin it. Expat owner. Seems like it could be a good place.

#16 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

:wlcm:

Hello JustSumGai,

That was an outstanding update on the Cambodian thread. It's been awhile, it seems, since anyone's provided an update, and I'm sure your information will be welcome to Cambodia fans.

For your first day as a forum member, and for your first post, this was a remarkably informative post. Welcome to the forum, and please feel free to contribute/comment on other threads.

Nix
Nix

#17 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

Thanks...I should mention the yummy $10 girl was GG, BUT fun :harhar:

Guesthouse is good, really like it. The guy does biz mostly with locals and travellers. Sometimes a truck will be parked outside. So ain't no one gonna piss n moan about who you bring there. there is an "island" of sorts where at dusk ppl come to play that thing where they kicke a khmer shuttlecock back n forth or do the excercise in a group led by a lady on a stage with a boombox going. Very laid back. There are rooms with hot showers and AC also, might be 10 bux or so. Handy to have the bus station across the street too. Next time I'll be sauntering across the street for a run into PP occasionally.

Attached Files

#18 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

I second Nix's comments, and want to welcome you to the Forum, JSG. From the look of your first couple of posts, I think we're in for some informative reporting. :clapclap:

Macman
Actually living the dream.

#19 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

Good to see you digging deep JSG and it was well worth it.

I'm also a fan of Cambodia and have visited Vietnam in the past too.

You sound like a man of knowledge, so keep up those very informative contributions Dude 8)

Meum cerebrum nocet

#20 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

Good to see you digging deep JSG and it was well worth it.

I'm also a fan of Cambodia and have visited Vietnam in the past too.

You sound like a man of knowledge, so keep up those very informative contributions Dude 8)

Thanks muchly, coming from a seasoned vet like yourself it's nice to hear. Now...if only I could find funding for futher expeditions I would return reports surpassing this one in information and pictures of the local flora and fauna. With many pictures and detailed observations. Do Queens still do this sort of thing?

Afraid I'll just have to scrimp and save an pray I can organize another junket this winter.

#21 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Do you like Cambodian food?

Have you had the Cream of Sum Yung Gai?

:blush:
Nix

#22 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

Great update on Cambodia JustSumGai and welcome to the forum. Cambodia deserves more publicity, might check it out when I am next in the area and see what I can find.
We laugh because it is true.

#23 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Do you like Cambodian food?

Have you had the Cream of Sum Yung Gai?

:blush:

Think most of us have at this stage Nix. :harhar:
We laugh because it is true.

#24 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

This is the main thing I miss about Thailand. Khmer food is by and large quite bland. I base this on eating local stuff in small places like Pursat and Kampong Cham. Next time i'll take more seasoning, found a great southwestern one here with a good blend of hot pepper, garlic, onion bits etc. Now, that being said, I DID get turned onto a nice breakie spot by a former GG gf of mine that made a good noodle soup like thing that tasted like the green curry I get in Bkk. But alas, on my most recent visit it seemed that stand was not open anymore. Does give me some hope tho.

Generally what I had there was they'd make a broth of verious pieces n part like innerds (that's a tecnical term we in the South use) n maybe some other cheaper meat cut/parts then throw in some veggies. I got a LOT of zuchnni and cauliflower n mushrooms. Lost 20 lbs there over six weeks, tho maybe that started in Bkk.

Yes the cream of sum yung gai is a tasty dessert.

They DO have beef easy to find. This I usually miss very much in Bkk. I had some choice medium rare and bought some beef that was so lean I missed the fat a bit. Often tho, it can be a bit tough, as they don't seem to cook it right. But easy enough to get your own and cook up to your taste.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci