• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#49 Princeshow

Princeshow
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

next high season is def gonna be a buyers market, im due back for it also.

Can't say I understand how Thais think on this matter, but it seems to be that when business is slow, rather than lower prices to encourage customers, the logic is to raise prices. Service charges might be surprisingly high in terms of #baht

• MrDragon likes this

#50 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

I was reading thai visa today, apparently pattaya not just Phuket is finally experiencing the wave of shut downs I predicted two years ago.....

I only hope tiger complex ups its bar fine from 42 usd to say 50, that should help......... the bar scene by next year will need a bail out.

#51 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

And I predict that in two years new bars will be opened in BKK, in Pattaya, in Phuket... :)

The world always goes through waves and recurrences...
Mini skirts in the 60's long skirts afterwards, mini back again... Over and over...
Everything is so predictable, nowadays.
It doesn't mean the changes are good or bad, that's another story.

#52 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

Two years???? I've seen bars open and close in weeks! You need a new prognosticator.
  • Platapuss likes this
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#53 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

Thai's will grasp this year that hi season is December 20th-january 7th, and I have not much else to say about it.

my prediction isn't bars closeing and new ones reopening its bars closeing and the owners not being able to find new idiots to reopen them.

an once those signs are up for mmm a good 18 months I wonder if that will inspire confidence on some poor sod who just fell in love with a farmers daughter an is thinking,, ''mmm id like to open a bar but I must be the only one,, nobody has picked that spot up now for over a year,, well they must not have my business savy''.... :rolleyes:

its 2016,, who needs a bar girl,, and with bargirls on salaries don't the bar girls say ''who needs a customer most nights'', both are true. take away the retarded bar and put in real establishments, let the freelancers mooch and do what they do and weed out all the rift raft fat laotion 5's with no brains who couldn't meet a guy in a club if they wanted too..

this isn't the same as the past, the past is past mates... smile its good news just not for the local economy

#54 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:55 PM

I'm thinking of leaving. The forum seems to have reached its due. And the FREAKING CLOWN posts his crap and I'm done.
  • JackG, Bert66, Spyder Rocket and 1 other like this
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#55 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

... with bargirls on salaries don't the bar girls say ''who needs a customer most nights'',

Maybe, the ones in Angeles City certainly do. A 160 salary and one 50 or 100 peso lady's drink pulls in more than many factory or counter jobs provide. No real need to go with the customers.

I got a chance to talk seriously with an out of work manager here who's been in the business a long time. In his most recent bar his estimate was that only 25% of the girls collect 95% of the barfines. The rest are just there to fill the stage and soak up drinks from naive tourists. The bar can make as much money from a girl who hustles drinks all night long as a girl who leaves at 5pm for a LT barfine.

His advise was simply to make the first drink contingent on their willingness to go barfine. Since I've started that, I get about half who just say no, up front. Saves me time and the price of a wasted drink.

its 2016,, who needs a bar girl,,

What the hell?

#56 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

i guess its fives to stay alive, like attract likes. ive always found if I met a bar girl with not enough brains to get her own place after say 3-5 cocks a month but chooses instead to live behind or above the bar like a burmeese sleeping in the toleits of thai prisons I instantly get turned off, I like independent hookers, but to each his own.

I sort of meant street or disco hostess as opposed to outright bar girl when I said ''who needs a bar girl'', we all do, actually in every state and esp Greece.

as to the above poster who said there thinking of leaveing, I simply press'd 'like' on there post  :tada:

#57 Shining-Path

Shining-Path
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

Went round the plaza last night and here is my brief review:

Temptations - Still lots of "erratic" behaviour from the girls, still not a great vibe.

The new LB bar where GSpot used to be - EXCELLENT. Good vibe, nice and big, lots of Japanese couples, nice selection of girls.

Casanova - quiet, boring, smells a bit these days

DC 10 - Nothing particularly good or bad, just a non event.

Cascades - strangely quiet, lots of LBs already BFd. Same as ever. Good

Didn't make it to obaessions or whatever it's caled now.

#58 mikel1

mikel1
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Temptations is an odd one. Had some great times there over the years but last visit it seemed as if a cloud hung over the place. It was early May and oppressively hot admittedly but the vibe was dead. The girls seemed truly over it. NanaPlaza in general was pretty flat.

#59 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

patongs new name in 2016  '' so long''

#60 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:03 AM

nana plaza, in the words of roberto duran "no mas plaza",  pattaya "scat dryed up",  phuket "puke death", its the end of times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci