Forum Participation

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

I'm dismayed at the apathy on this once-great forum.

Several barowners take the time and trouble to post pictures every day, but the response is pathetic. And the lack of interesting reading generally is disturbing.

Come on guys

1) Newbie?

Tell us about yourself and what you like about ladyboys. What are you going to do about scratching that itch, or say why you can't do anything about it.

2) Old hand?

Tell us about some of your experiences: good or bad.

Have you planned your next trip?
      Which ones got away?

Got any pictures?

3) Expat?
       What made you come to Thailand. Where are you living and why. What is your opinion on thais or thai politics?

Start a row, if you like - "Are barowners saints or sinners?"

Stop being so passive.

The way i see it is that barowners will cease posting unless they can see some potential return,

This forum used to be amazing, and i would look forward to tuning in every day. I'd like to see those days return. But if nobody contributes, the forum owner is wasting his money, and barowners are wasting their time. The forum will wither and die.

Play a part.

End of sermon.

• larrylarry and jaybee111 like this

#2 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

@Jimbo34

When you say, "Stop being so passive," does that mean we are gay for taking it up the ass?

:)
  • Hard News likes this

#3 craigbarot

craigbarot
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hi Jimbo,

I see that you own cocktails & dreams and wanted to ask you how it all started?  It's always interesting when foreigners, assuming you are one go to Thailand or overseas for that matter and become successful business men.  Were you a guy that went on trips to fuck girls or ladyboys and then decided to open up your own bar, or was it a laid out plan before you even step foot into Thailand?  If you don't mind, can you please share how the cocktails and dreams journey started?  

• jaybee111 likes this

#4 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Very good points made jimbo.

I will continue with my latest TR (granted, it's not the most exciting read) but probably not until I return home later this week.

But you are absolutely right that participation is key to keeping this thing alive. I had a good conversation with Moo Yung last night and he gave me some real insight into what went on to save this forum and the costs and effort involved. There are some real generous individuals (and just nice guys too, yourself included) who contribute their time and money to keep this forum interesting, fresh and alive. I feel we have a great community going here and it would be a real shame to see the plug pulled due to lack of participation, which would be deemed as a lack of interest. I think most people who visit aren't aware that there are costs involved in hosting a Forum like this and the financial backer shoulders those costs without asking for compensation. We don't pay a fee to join and there is no in your face or banner advertising. We really have a good thing going here so let's keep it going and join in a conversation or two and also acknowledge the efforts of the Admin and Mods (and bar owners) once in a while who make this place interesting on their own dime and time.

Thanks jimbo, batman, moo yung, Dixon, our mystery financial backer and all those who post pictures, stories and helpful advice.
  • larrylarry and batman4ever like this

#5 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, jimbo, what craigbarot said. I'd like to know the jimbo story and how you came to get involved with C&D. Those of us who have been here for a few years have gleaned bits and pieces of the story but I don't think it's been compiled into one thread before (I could be wrong and if I am please point me to that thread because I wan to know).

#6 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

I agree i would definitely enjoy reading the journey of Jimbo

#7 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Why would anyone want to post/converse with you. It seems to me that any post that disagrees with you opinion on things ladyboy or Thai or is in any way critical of Phuket earns a flame from you. I have long ago stopped paying attention to your self-serving gibberish and continue to call them as I see them but others may be more timid. Maybe it's your own behavior that is the cause if a lack of posts.

#8 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Many older posters will look back at a 5 or 6 year period beginning around 2005 as the halcyon days of ladyboy fora, everything appeared new and exciting. I was a Phuket and Bangkok man at the time and didn't like Pattaya at all with it's spread-out feel, but hearing and reading about bars such as Goldfingers, 131, Limmatquai, Triple X and Jenny Star Bar being talked about it made me come to look again.

As some of these bars closed the way was quickly paved for new venues, such as Stringfellows, Lita's Bar (original) and Ezy Bar and we got to hear about and see everything as it happened. Cocktails & Dreams in Phuket now had Jimbo involved which provided us with regular updates plus a bar manager's perspective on the scene. A whole group based around our niche was well and truly formed and we were all part of it and anyone could join and immediately become part of the community as well.  

Those were very exciting times indeed for ladyboy lovers for both old hands and new and two main ladyboy fora formed the epicentre of everything you ever needed to know about the world of ladyboys at the time. Both were very active indeed, naturally this forum was one of them.

Problems seemed to begin here several years ago when the original owners began showing a total lack of love and care for this forum. The ladyboy website associated with it was totally revamped, including a new domain name, and this perhaps formed the catalyst which prompted the beginning of the end of that particular chapter in this forum's life.

As the original owners focused solely on their new fee-paying website they neglected to include even a link to this forum on their homepage, combine that with in-house bickering between solid regular posters here this ultimately led to BM's gradually drifting away. This forum subsequently sat in the doldrums for well over a year and many BM's found a new forum home or simply gave up fora altogether and moved on with their lives. The other forum mentioned earlier imploded for other reasons, again, self-inflicted.

For 8 months now this forum has existed as a standalone entity with a new revamp and forum engine upgrade, an unobtrusive advertising strategy and Admins on hand should changes or tweaks be needed, plus it's extensive history and archives.

To me it seems the target audience has become a new generation of ladyboy lovers (and new potential customers, Jimbo) with hopefully a few old hands left to help out where they can.

• MrDragon, goodenough, KendoUK and 1 other like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#9 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Nobody should feel forced or obliged to post and posting on a forum should be of one's own free will. Hopefully those that haven't yet participated can make the simple step from lurker to poster. Although it is sad when some guys just leech off the forum without ever making a contribution and it is even worse when a small minority of those that do rarely have anything constructive or positive to say when they do post. Being negative with constant smart-ass responses can be damaging as it may put people off posting at all, I doubt it encourages them.

BM's who've been around from those earlier years may well have amassed 1,000's of posts to their names by now, new posters should not feel intimidated by this at all, we all had to start with a post number one once. 

I fully understand why Jimbo feels that his input and effort involved is gleaning little or no response on his bar thread. But from a businessman's perspective the more exposure the better and it can only be a good thing, because people are looking, even if they're not posting.

Apart from just posting questions, to get people involved in discussions needs participants otherwise it can quickly feel like you're just talking to yourself. Don't take that personally or feel like your input is not appreciated. However, people do need encouragement to post, the more posters post the more interesting and productive banter ensues, it's a bit of a catch 22 at times. But if a few regular posters were to stop posting it could put the forum back into the doldrums again and that would be a real shame.

New potential posters are finding this forum every day and to them it may all seem new, or they are just discovering their new-found desire for ladyboys and seek further information on the subject or just want to talk about it. A new generation of guys discovering the scene is constant and once they pluck-up the courage to get involved and participate they will run with it and in future this may well become their halcyon days.

Many seasoned posters probably feel like they don't have much to say anymore as they've said it dozens of times already, plus we do get a bit jaded at times but many try to hang on and pass on the mantle. When sensible questions or queries are posed by anyone, old or new, I will still do my best to respond accordingly, as will many others, I'm sure.

• jaybee111 likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#10 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Hi Jimbo,

I see that you own cocktails & dreams and wanted to ask you how it all started?  It's always interesting when foreigners, assuming you are one go to Thailand or overseas for that matter and become successful business men.  Were you a guy that went on trips to fuck girls or ladyboys and then decided to open up your own bar, or was it a laid out plan before you even step foot into Thailand?  If you don't mind, can you please share how the cocktails and dreams journey started?  

Yes, i'll share my story, although not sure which section to post it under.

"Successful business man"?  Lol, i've had my own businesses for the last 33 years, none of them were very successful. It was more important to me to be independant, but i'll touch on this when i post the story.

But i'm also interested in you Thats a plural - all you guys asking for the Jimbo story, not just craigbarot). Why are you here? Where do you live? What do you do? How old are you? Have you been/are you coming to Thailand? What sparked your interest in LBs?

#11 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

@Jimbo34

When you say, "Stop being so passive," does that mean we are gay for taking it up the ass?

:)

It`s Moments like this... is the reason I enjoy the forum   :clapclap:  :clapclap:  :clapclap:

#12 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Can only agree about what Dixon wrote...the former owners almost killed us by removing the forum-link from their website :wacko: and there is no doubt that the forum was close to a silent death despite Petesies big effort to do all the hard Work by him self :)

That said...i really think we have SLOWLY-SLOWLY seen a new start, and it seems like a new generation is ready to follow in our footprints, but its a process that will take time, and i rather prefer a slow healty grow...than a bunch of lunatics from the asylium 8)

and to JonniB....cant you please do your bitching over Jimbo and Phuket by PM...it gets boring to read at all the time :rolleyes:

• jaybee111 and peciferous like this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci