• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

from day one i had 2 accounts on FB... ;)

i DO believe that  the use of facebook as we do it now with the forums page,is the right way.

it has begun to act as a feeder of new members that otherwise might not have found the forum :rock: its a lot of Work,not to post the 5-6 Pictures a day....but to post on 40-50 other ladyboy-related sites to try and direct the traffic to first our own site...and then further to the forum itself ;) but its worth it as we at the current moment has aprox. 2500 "members" that see our daily postings with links to the main-forum  :rock:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#14 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

i DO believe that  the use of facebook as we do it now with the forums page,is the right way.

I too agree, absolutely. It acts as a gateway and a conduit to this forum. Great work in that department Mr.B 4Thumbs%20Up.gif

But when these newly signed-up posters arrive here they're ready and waiting to hear about the bars from the bars. But many bars have chosen, or don't know about it or otherwise decided not to make the most of the potential ladyboy-loving viewers over here on the forum.

Perhaps Facebook is also a useful reminder to the bars themselves, not just the customers, that the forum exists. Providing we are their friends too :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#15 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

I think promoting a bar on the forum is good for the bar and good for the forum itself in terms of traffic, I think over on the other forum, the two most popular threads are both bar threads (C&D and Sensations). Speaking with my neutral hat on, I think it's good you've managed to get an exclusive on the Nana Go-Go's as something different.

The basic format for a successful bar thread, a few pics of the girls here and there chipped in from the owners and the rest can take care of itself. Sensations and C&D threads probably more so because Scott and Jim are on the ground and are able to provide constant updates of what's going down. Some bar owners aren't in Thailand for the whole year. Where a lot of guys are stuck at home for X amount of months, conversing with other patrons of that bar and management within a bars thread, acting as a substitute for perching on their favoured stool at the bar.

Look at Amy/Emmas bar that opened recently in Walking Street, a total PR disaster. Word of mouth only got out a couple of days before opening so only those on the ground got to know about it at the 11th hour. Contrast that with how Vinnee promoted Fantasy Lounge, with lots of build up to the actual opening of the bar.

• batman4ever and dixon cox like this

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#16 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Speaking with my neutral hat on ...

That's one of the things I like about you, besides your young fit firm buttocks, is that you're capable of posting on numerous ladyboy fora without bias. That's why I like me too :mrgreen:

Jimbo is a terrific asset to any forum, keen, regular, handsome and with a healthy supply of spunk.

You mention Vinee (Fantasy Lounge) and Scott (Sensations) too. Of course we'd love it here if they made the occasional update on this forum, but they seem set in their ways. I keep forgetting to mention it to Scott and I rarely see Vinee. Maybe they don't know or have forgotten about this forum, it did dangle in the doldrums for a while.

But the bottom line is you can't force or tell people where to post, they'll ultimately make up their own minds.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#17 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Forums and FB both serve a purpose, for that surely nobody could be in any doubt.  

However you also need to take into account possible negative commentary versus positive.  A fact not lost on a lot of owners who have as a result kept away or ceased posting updates.     

I actually did a lot of work on this thing about 7 years ago.   I keep my findings to myself for commercial reasons but suffice to say, the odd bit of online sabre rattling actually is beneficial for foot traffic into a venue.

However what is normally misunderstood by many, is that results are not instant with this type of media.   Posting a pic will not result in a guy popping into somewhere that night proclaiming he saw the post/pic and here is as a result.   (well actually that could happen, but few are smart enough to even understand what got the guy into the bar in the first place as most do not even ask).  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum, Facebook, Promo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci