• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

The plan i originally had about only staying in Loei city had this way been altered to at least 1 night, so we were supossed to leave in the afternoon and head for the city which was about 40 km from her mothers house :)  well i could live with that as i knew that Oh that way could say hello to her grandparents :angel:  so i enjoyed my morning meal of chicken and beer like there was no conflicts in the world 8)

slowly slowly...the rest of the family came out, and so did some others from the village that proberly wanted to see the crazy farang :mrgreen:

quite amazing to see Oh at wake before 9 in the morning btw. :clapclap:

some pics from the morning.... :tada:

Attached Files

• Nick Bullseye likes this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#62 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

some more pictures from "nakorn-nowhere" :)  including a friend of Oh... :)

Attached Files

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

#63 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

As some already knows,a couple of days before it was Oh`s birthday, so as a good buddhist she went to the temple that morning to recieve the blessings from a monk...he there gave her a small bag telling her to always keep it in her purse for good luck..... :)  i thought it was a really nice thought...UNTILL we sat up in Loei...and Beer from C&D who was back home in isaan came by...she smelled at the bag for a second...then started laughing and smiling at the same time :unsure:  it turned out it was Ganja... :huh:

well she had her own solution to that...she burned all the evidence...mixed with tobacco of course :P

but i couldnt help think wnat the fuck would have happend if there had been sniffer-dogs in the airport :shock:

Attached Files

#64 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

still early in the morning Oh decided to have her driving lessons... :shock:  it apperently seems to take place at any field around....and her brother was the brave soul with her in the car.... :(

as you see in the pics....the farang`s got the brains...so i stood a looooong way from taking the pictures :D  (proberly the reason iam able to write this report now... :mrgreen: )

after the "driving-lesson" who took around 20 min....mostly just going in big cirkles...she proudly returned and claimed that now she could drive a car.... :angel:

So beware all tuk-tuk drivers in Patong...she will proberly be opening her own Taxi company soon :shock:

if you want to book her for the trip over the hills of Patong...then just email me...and i will take care of the rest....just one info.....i would like to have the money in advance :whistle:

Attached Files

• Moo Yung, Nick Bullseye, KendoUK and 1 other like this

#65 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ahh, the very same way I learned to drive as a 14 y.o. in my older coolers friends car. After a lesson similar to Ohs I was ready for the highway. Really enjoy your story batters  :clapclap:

#66 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hey Batman,

The Pictures of the Countryside reminded me of another Nakhon somewhere last year, prior to my Sukhothai trip.(Except there was a heck of a lot more Water around.

Great to see the real Thai life.

So many LB So Little Time

#67 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

If we hire her taxi, should we wear a helmet and Kevlar in the car? She's so lovely Batman. Met her on my first and only trip to Phuket (so far). I'm hoping for return trip this year when the wife goes to Issan to take care of her sister for a couple of weeks. Will I go with wife? NO! No internet, cable, etc. But even worse, a squat toilet (knees will never handle that), and shower from a bucket? not happening! Hotel not anywhere near her home. You are a much braver man!
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#68 bumgooh

bumgooh
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

Hi Batman, like your last report from Isaan it is fascinating for me to read your experiences... enjoyed it again. And it is a good reminder that living in these parts of Thailand is a little bit different from the life we experience in Bangkok & Co.

By the way, Beer seems to have changed a bit... hope she's fine.

#69 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

If we hire her taxi, should we wear a helmet and Kevlar in the car? She's so lovely Batman. Met her on my first and only trip to Phuket (so far). I'm hoping for return trip this year when the wife goes to Issan to take care of her sister for a couple of weeks. Will I go with wife? NO! No internet, cable, etc. But even worse, a squat toilet (knees will never handle that), and shower from a bucket? not happening! Hotel not anywhere near her home. You are a much braver man!

If you ever hired her as a tuk tuk driver...i would recomend (beside the helmet and kewlar-west) a pretty good insurance...just make sure it dont have a suicide paragrafh as i think they would claim it was just that 5-5-5-5-5

#70 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well, as  i wrote, i had been up early that morning, i usually never sleeps more than 5 hour...no matter how drunk iwe been the night before... and this morning wasnt any different...so after a lot more beers with her father...her brother...and some friends who came by...it was time for my siesta   i guess it must have been around 1 or so,and i had just slept about an hour when Oh came in to the room and told me...Teerak...i just take some money...i give you back later...well i always trust her about that so i just mumbled yes and turned over at the other site and kept on sleeping ..:-)  when i waked up about 1 hour later i realised i maybe had been too "generous" as she had taken nearly all my Thai cash (15k)... :shock:  went out grabbed a beer...and then asked her what the F... she needed all that money for.. not that it mattered to me as she HAD told me she would repay me...and i knew she had the money in the bank...so i was down to about 1k in my pocket...beside ofcourse Danish money and my ATM...which was useless as shit up there in nakorn nowhere... :x2

It didnt bring me in a better mood that i was told her mother had gone gambling...not for me as Oh had promished to repay me...but for Oh as i was sure that SHE would never see those money again :fib:

Well i grabbed a beer more...thinking about wonderfull amazing Thailand...and realised that theres a reason Thai`s never learn to save up mooney...they have no one to learn from...

Suddenly realised that we were almost running out of beer...  and with my now heavy limited funds we were only able to buy a very few.... :(   THAT pissed me off :x2  it didnt made it better that her brother that had the car now seemed to have disappeared with both that...and a couples of bottles of whisky...and he was the one that was supposed to drive us to the city soon... :fib:

I guess it was there my natural haircolour finally won over my normally happy mentality...and i was pissed....so i told Oh that if he wasnt back in an hour...i would take the bus from the main-road (aprox 3 km from there) one way or another...i was going to the city that night...after 45 min. i packed my suitcase...carried out to the site of the road...grabbed the last beer in the icebox...took a ciggie...and just looked at the other site of the road...provokenly looking at my watch every 2 minute...

4 min. before my deadline...her brother came back in the car...or was it the car that came with him...iam still not sure of that as he actually FELT out the car when they opened the door...iwe seen many drunk people in my life...but he for sure will always stay in top of the list :argh2:

Then i had it...i grabbed my suitcase.. and started to walk...Oh came with me, quite ashamed but i wasnt angry at her...just her bloody Family...

i guess we had been walking 2-300 meters when suddenly her granfather came driving in the car...i had seen him "drive" the day before...and i knew he didnt even know to shift gear...but at least he was sober...so he offered to drive us up to the mainroad...which we then did....all the way in 1 gear :nonono:  well it was better than walking,but at the end of the road i had to turn the car around as he didnt know how to do it... :butterfly:

The bus actually to my big surprice runs every half hour...so after just 10 min. it came...and we paid the big fortune of 30thb each for the 30-40 km to town...now in company of Beer who had driven up there on her motorbike :mrgreen:

Attached Files

• Teppis, jaybee111 and Janus like this

#71 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

Great read BM4E. The Issan story and pic are fantastic. Brings back loads of memories of my journey to Sisaket with a "friend". Very similar experience. Its amazing that no mater how much you mentally prepare to give (and often its a lot) they take more and no mater how patient you try to be they take you to your limit. I am not going to say its uniquely Thai in their ability to "push the envelope" but they certainly do have it down to a science. Ah yes TIT and I love it. Keep posting bro :)

#72 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Indeed they how to push it toooo far sometimes :rolleyes:

Well we arrived safely in Loei cuty after about 45 min in that old bus,grabbed a tuk-tuk from there and went by the ATM to refresh my "hansum-ness" then by 7/11 to grab some beer and whisky...and then heading to her fathers house where Oh`s aunt lives....what a difference she is to the rest of the family :)  she gaves us a service better than ever found in any hotel iwe been too :rock:  so after a few beers i got into my normal happy mood again 8)

after a few more beers i was tired so we went to bed as i knew Oh wanted to go to the market early next morning

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci