Flight/travel tips

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

You BM's that have made the trek to LOS must have some tips for the flight over...what to bring, what not to bring. Food, snacks, sleep aids, whatever. With flight, connections and layovers it will be just under 24 hours for me in January. Any tips to get me thru it?

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Here's a post from a few months ago that has good advice: How to Sleep on a Plane.

What works for me is to use a neck pillow (if the seats don't have an adjustable head rest), sleep mask and ear plugs. I also try to sleep according to the time zone I am traveling to.

#3 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

I also try to sleep according to the time zone I am traveling to.

Even if you are primarily going for the night life? I was thinking since I will be arriving close to midnight and the time back home (therefore my biological time) will be around 11 AM, it would be ideal to stay on that time/sleep cycle. Flaws in my thinking?

BTW, thanks for the link to the previous post , RX.

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

It would also depend on your length of stay. If you're there just a week to 2 weeks and your plan is to go with lbs every night, then it may be ok. Keep in mind though that if you wanted to do some daytime activities for some variety adjusting to the local time makes it easier.

For longer stays of 3 weeks to a month, adjusting to the local time is a good idea.

#5 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

and your plan is to go with lbs every night, then it may be ok.

That is pretty much the plan! :hump: :yumm: :thumbs:

This first stay is short...5 nights, 4 days. I am thinking I will probably regret not making it longer but it is what it is.

#6 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Ok, sounds like a short visit for such a long trip! I'm sure you'll have longer trips in the future.

Also check this post: Preventative measures to reduce risk of being sick in LOS

#7 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

a short visit for such a long trip!

Yup, it is. :loco: Was pretty nervous when scheduling so I was over cautious & didn't want to get stuck for too long in a place I didn't like but now I'm more at ease with my decision and wishing I would have scheduled it longer. Oh well, next trip WILL be longer! I can't believe I'm already talking about the next trip when I haven't even gone on the first! Been reading all the posts about Pattaya and would like to go there next time.

#8 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

If you want to extend your stay (extremely advisable!) it should cost no more than a few bucks to change it providing you have the right ticket and sufficient time before departure.

To go such a long way for such a short period seems a wasted opportunity...I have this mental picture of you completely fried after 5 days of little sleep, awesome sex and a hangover the size of Manhattan.

Though with an incredible smile on your face as you're sat in the departure lounge at Swampy thinking...WTF...! :love:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#9 coletrickle

coletrickle
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

i can see jaybees point , first time i went i only stayed 8 nights because i didnt want to be stuck in a place i didnt know and may not have liked . 6 months later i was back for 15 nights , 6 months later back for 17 nights.....

20 nights
30 nights
30 nights etc etc

oh my god i have spent some baht in the last few years 8)

but worth every fucking penny :thumbs:
i swear to god i thought he was a girl :-)

#10 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

For the flight.
i always take ear plugs, silicone, not those silly yellow sponge things. and an eye mask.
i carry a blow up pillow, but the headrest on emirates moves to clamp your head in place so ive never used it yet.
this time also, i am sick of arriving with a flu like/cold feeling.
so i,m going to wear one of those surgical masks people wear when there is a flu about.

ask when the food is served, it is usually an hour after take off.
i also buy xanax tablets in thailand , and drop one of those when i see the trolley . im usually asleep before they take away my tray.
also,
on boarding, ask if the flight is full.
i have been on many flights that are half empty, if so, have a look around at the empty seats.
once they start to close the doors, make a run for an empty row.
i have had 4 seats to myself many times.

if you are next to big fat bastard, ask if you can be moved.
they always snore, and you wont see the armrest.

if you can prebook your seat, try to stay at least 6/7 rows back from the partition wall at the toilets. this is where they put families with babies, as the baby bed hooks into the wall.
a crying baby for 7 hours aint funny.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#11 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

If by chance you happen to be seated next to a fit and very pretty young single Irish girl as I was on my latest flight with Etihad for the London-Abu Dhabi sector.......its amazing how quickly the time flys.

There we were chatting away drinking red wine while playing connect four on my I Pad :love:

There is a god :harhar:

#12 TTChang

TTChang
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yes, but he's got favourites! :redcard:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci