barfine questions

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

I was reading the FAQ on this website, http://www.bangkokba...s.info/faqs.asp, and saw this:

"It is possible to avoid the barfine by making appointments with girls after their working hours etc. However, be advised that this is against the rules, even if you take a girl at closing time with you, you still are supposed to pay the barfine! If the barowner/manager finds out about this the girl will be in some kind of trouble."

:redcard: Is this true? I can understand paying the barfine while the girl is working because it takes her away from possibly generating income for the bar by hustling ladydrinks but after she leaves and the bar is closed, why should a barfine have to be paid? I realize it isn't America, but the bar doesn't "own" the girl. When she's not working, shouldn't she be able to do whatever or whoever she pleases?

#2 coletrickle

coletrickle
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

it's really one of those grey areas . if she is out of bar hours then yes no barfine . but if you have been in bar with her and waited until bar closes , you would be expected to honour the fine as you have spent time with her and she has not been able to go with any other customer .

i'm sure some others will chime in with there opinions 8)
i swear to god i thought he was a girl :-)

#3 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

ask yourself this, can u take a nap from 11pm to 2am, if so u can wake up refreshed post bar fine hours and as you will have skipped the smoke n booze now u can also skip the useless bar fine with whoever u meet, ofcourse being that there thai they might say ''oh its 5 am, i still have to pay bar fine'' ya hoe and your older sister who got bar fined to england still uses that line in london at 5 am. as well.

3 years total in thailand i think i paid probally 4-5 barfines. i hate being a customer u guys no me, its beyound being cheap, i HATE being a customer and i barely drink, makes skipping the barfines kind of easy.

#4 coletrickle

coletrickle
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

i shouldnt have posted , boomdraw very eloquently chimed in . with what? i have no idea , but chimed in he did :clapclap:

#5 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Not sure I follow all that you said, boom. I just want to know what's expected and do the right thing. The last thing I want is trouble while I'm there. :angel:

Here's a scenario:

Let's say I talk to a LB in a bar and maybe even go for ST with her. No discussion of LT or meeting up later. Later, I'm at Big Dog's watching the girls leave and we catch each other's eye. She comes over, we chat, maybe go get a meal then decide to go to my room for ST or LT. Am I obligated to go to the bar the next day and pay a barfine so she doesn't get in trouble or worse, ME get in trouble?

#6 coletrickle

coletrickle
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

am i invisible jaybee?

i answered your question clearly .

if you see her outside after bar has finished . no barfine! 8)

#7 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Nope, I heard ya cole. Sorry to give the impression I was ignoring you. You also said if I was with her in the bar then waited til later then barfine should be paid. So I was stll a bit confused. :?

#8 coletrickle

coletrickle
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

thats the grey area i mentioned . it would look like you have waited until the bar closes before you decide to take her . not all bars/barowners are the same , but some would look at it as being a "cheap charlie" .

as with many things it's not always what you do . it's how you go about doing it.

#9 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:04 AM

Boomdraw hits it on the head, in a way.......
barfines are for if you want to take the lb out of the bar, maybe to the cinema, back to your room early, or go onto other bars etc.......
if like myself, you dont plan to have sex till 3am, then there is no real point to bar fine someone, unless you just HAVE to have that one.
some lads will pay a fine early on to secure their chosen one, go out on the piss , and go back for them later.

They are all on the street once the bars are closed , no fine is involved.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#10 Guest_jaybee11_*

Guest_jaybee11_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

OK, just wanted to get that cleared up. The other website made it sound like, no matter what, you were obligated to pay the barfine.

#11 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

Can't wait to hear what Jimbo has to say about this... :harhar:

#12 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Let's say I talk to a LB in a bar and maybe even go for ST with her. No discussion of LT or meeting up later. Later, I'm at Big Dog's watching the girls leave and we catch each other's eye. She comes over, we chat, maybe go get a meal then decide to go to my room for ST or LT. Am I obligated to go to the bar the next day and pay a barfine so she doesn't get in trouble or worse, ME get in trouble?

Not at all, you will never get into trouble. not your business.
once you have prowled the lb bars of nana, you will have been clocked as a potential earner, so once you sit at big dogs you will find them trying to get your attention anyway.

when you chat to an lb, you will be interviewed, i.e.
have you been here before,
how long you stay,
where you stay etc.......
how you answer these questions will determine how are played.
NEVER SAY IT IS YOUR FIRST TIME.
you then interview them in return,
how much is bar fine, how much for rooms upstairs, what time bar close, how much short time etc.......
and make your call from there.

if you dont want to do anything till later, tell them.
they will probably slip you a number anyway, or find out where you will be later on.
its mad, some will turn up at your hotel looking for you.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci