dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

... and goes in the same day.

I don't believe you.

when i send it from uk i send it as a swift payment and its a £25 charge to do if u send £100 or £5000 its the same charge

Thanks, but not sure why you pay extra for a same day service when you send it a week before you need it.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#14 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

Its a standard charge DC - a single payment for the electronic transfer.

Beats the ATM charges you pay both ends every time you use your card on your UK/US bank account.

#15 essex boy

essex boy
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

Its a standard charge DC - a single payment for the electronic transfer.

Beats the ATM charges you pay both ends every time you use your card on your UK/US bank account.

cheers jimbo :clapclap:
i have only done it 3 times dc but each time i have called the bk bank auto service to check money transfers and it has gone in the same day but only if u do it b4 13.00pm uk time.

#16 TTChang

TTChang
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

I send money from UK by SWIFT to my Kasikorn Bank account. It costs about 25 pounds, or 10 pounds if online, + some charges from K Bank. It always arrives 2 working days later. But I ALWAYS send sterling, not baht. Get a much better rate than from my UK Bank if they send baht.

Works a treat. Never had a problem. Alternatively I bring UK notes, and go to a Currency Exchange (like VASU in Sukhumvit, or TT in Pattaya .... no connection to any BM btw!)

#17 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

I too have transferred funds on many occasions from UK banks to my Kasikorn Bank account, but it costs me less than £25 for a standard 2 to 4 day transfer. Mine costs £16 with a few hundred baht at the other end.

I highlighted this because of the reference to "same day" service. All of the transfers 'we' are likely to make overseas would be done using the SWIFT method, it's the standard.

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci