Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

Any ground recon on this?

http://www.bangkokpo...s-more-flooding

#2 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

Seems this year is the worst I've seen. Was held last year in Ubon, and seen Don Muang with water to the edge of lower highway.
I feel for those affected (Quite a vast area I am afraid) and hope the Winter Monsoon will be Calm
So many LB So Little Time

#3 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

Any ground recon on this?

http://www.bangkokpo...s-more-flooding

#4 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

Seems this year is the worst I've seen. Was held last year in Ubon, and seen Don Muang with water to the edge of lower highway.
I feel for those affected (Quite a vast area I am afraid) and hope the Winter Monsoon will be Calm
So many LB So Little Time

#5 paganbaby

paganbaby
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

For BKK, the crucial time is from Oct 16 to 20 when high tide in the gulf serves to slow the flow of the Chao Phraya. If it continues to rain, it could be the worst flooding in memory, according to forecasters. It absolutely pissed down all morning till about 2:00 pm today. I am near the river by the major hotels and the river is high, but still contained. No flooding in this part of BKK yet

#6 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

2 routes into Patong have seen roads subside. The patong-kamala road has lost half a lane in Kalim and there is a big crack along the Kathu side of the hill leading to Patong. There was massive flooding at the north end of patong again last tuesday and a heavy shower in the am yesterday. Heavy rain supposed to be hitting us again in the next couple of days so stand by for updates. At least if the road caves in we won't have to worry about a tunnel, 555. :clapclap:

Attached Files

#7 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

http://www.pattayaon...isis-continues/
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#8 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

Anyone know if this is by Beach Road, Walking street?

#9 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

The photos above are Phuket, so you probably need to be a little more specific about your question.

#10 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Jeez. Unbelievable. This is precisely why I didn't schedule my trip in October. Rain-a-phobic.

Anybody know when the summer monsoon "officially" ends?
Nix

#11 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

I think the rainy season for most of Thailand is officially May to November, with September and October being the wettest months.
Hopefully the sun will be out when I touch down on 29th October, maybe just a last clearing shower 8)
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#12 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

The photos above are Phuket, so you probably need to be a little more specific about your question.

The only Walking St. I know is in Patts. JIMBO how is it affecting you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci