an introduction to the night

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#133 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

Nix, here's my theory. He high tailed it down to Phuket and got tangled in Patricia's web, that minx. :harhar:

Fade to black. Cliff Richard's Devil Woman playing in the background. :twisted:
I don't mind you coming here
And wasting all my time
Cuz when you're standing oh so near
I kinda lose my mind, yeah

#134 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

Yankees' season ends with Game 5 loss to Tigers
By GEORGE A. KING III
Last Updated: 8:52 AM, October 7, 2011
Posted: 4:10 AM, October 7, 2011
The eyes were red and moist. The voices were whispers and words failed to exit Jorge Posada’s mouth. Heads hung so low chins were almost on the dark clubhouse carpet in a room so quiet you could hear the mice burp.

As they moved toward the Yankee Stadium exit for the last time the sting of defeat had them shuffling as if they wore ankle weights.

The Yankees looked and talked like losers after the Tigers ushered them into the offseason last night with a 3-2 victory in Game 5 of the ALDS at Yankee Stadium in front of a hushed sell-out crowd of 50,960.

COMPLETE YANKEES COVERAGE

BOX SCORE

PHOTOS: ALDS GAME 5: TIGERS 3, YANKEES 2

“I don’t know how to put it into words,” a somber Derek Jeter said of the first-round exit for a team that won the AL East and posted the best record in the league. “It’s very disappointing. You play all year to get to this point and we lost.”

Despite starter Ivan Nova only lasting two innings because of tightness in the right forearm, pitching didn’t do in the Yankees.

The bullpen, which included CC Sabathia making his first-ever relief appearance, allowed a run in seven innings. Nova, who gave up two in the first on back-to-back homers to Don Kelly and Delmon Young, felt tightness on his first pitch of the second inning and is slated for an MRI today.

No, it was their bats that sent the Yankees home.

They went 2-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left 11 runners on base.

“It’s tough, one more hit and we win the game,” said Mark Teixeira, who drew a bases-loaded walk in the seventh to pull the Yankees to within a run and was on deck when Alex Rodriguez fanned on a Jose Valverde pitch to end the season.

The Yankees missed a strong chance to score in the fourth against Doug Fister when they had the bases loaded and one out. But Russell Martin popped up and Brett Gardner fouled out.

Rodriguez took the air out of the seventh-inning rally when he whiffed with the bases loaded and one out.

“I relish that opportunity,” said Rodriguez, who finished the series 2-for-18 (.111) and will get the majority of the blame because he is an easy target. “I was waiting for that at-bat the whole series.”

The Yankees’ final chance to force extra innings or win the game came in the ninth when they had Curtis Granderson, Robinson Cano and Rodriguez ready to face Valverde.

But Granderson flied to left. Cano, who homered in the fifth off Fister, swung at the first pitch and flied to center. That left it up to Rodriguez and he punched out on a 1-2 pitch that turned out the lights on 2011.

“I was looking up, you never know what [Valverde] is going to throw,” Rodriguez said. “I was looking for something up.”

Now he is looking forward to seeing his daughters in Miami while the Tigers get ready to face the Rangers in the ALCS that starts tomorrow in Texas.

“This is devastating,” Rodriguez said. “I have a hard time getting 2004 out of my mouth, but this is devastating.”

Rodriguez will get most of the blame and his shoulders are thick enough to handle it. But there were others who deserve to share the heat.

Nick Swisher went 1-for-4 last night and was hitless in two at-bats with runners in scoring position. Swisher’s troubles in the postseason continued and he finished the series, 4-for-19 (.211).

“We didn’t play our best baseball because that’s a team we definitely could beat,” said Swisher, who desperately wanted to get to Valverde after he popped off about the series being over after Game 3. “We had the guy we wanted to beat and after all the smack he talked, we just couldn’t get it done.”

george.king@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz1a6KKCpHu
And wasting all my time

#135 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

where has YH got to? been off the grid for a couple of weeks now. Starting to assume he's back home.

#136 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Doing my darndest to locate the lad but no luck in Phuket. Never saw a TR start out with so much promise and just fizzle. I hope something serious hasn't happened to him. My last stop will be a peek under Patricia's bed. :D Never know what I might find.
And wasting all my time

#137 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Doing my darndest to locate the lad but no luck in Phuket. Never saw a TR start out with so much promise and just fizzle. I hope something serious hasn't happened to him. My last stop will be a peek under Patricia's bed. :D Never know what I might find.

Walter???? :lol: :lol:

#138 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

Walter???? :lol: :lol:

Italian Visa forms? :itl:

#139 viking675

viking675
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

Walter's Wallet ???

#140 viking675

viking675
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

But seriously where has YH gone ??

nobody seen or heared anything ?

#141 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:35 AM

OK, I see how it's gonna be. One guy starts a semi-controversial poll about about a couple of BMs and their desire for a certain LB and he gets crucified for it :tantrum:

But its OK to snipe at the guy(Walter) with one-off shots??!!

Hello pot, kettle calling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bunch of glass house living, stone throwing jag offs :love:
And wasting all my time

#142 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

OK, I see how it's gonna be. One guy starts a semi-controversial poll about about a couple of BMs and their desire for a certain LB and he gets crucified for it :tantrum:

But its OK to snipe at the guy(Walter) with one-off shots??!!

Hello pot, kettle calling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bunch of glass house living, stone throwing jag offs :love:

No problem Slappy, I like to throw big stones inside small glass houses :angel:

#143 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

where has YH got to? been off the grid for a couple of weeks now. Starting to assume he's back home.

#144 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

And wasting all my time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci