• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#277 Pad Thai Boy

Pad Thai Boy
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

Great TR Walter,

What a first trip......and wait for your second.....and the updates.

Although once ''in the loom'' I'd rather got in the shower with them. :blush: than tweeting us !!

#278 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

A great report Walter many thanks for keeping us all entertained with your daily/nightly updates :clapclap:

I've a feeling you'll be back soon .

#279 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

Agree with all the gents above. This was really an addictive report..good fun :clapclap: . I guess the best rehab is to buy ourselves a ticket to LOS a.s.a.p 8)
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#280 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

Walter, truly a great trip report, especially more so, because it was your first trip to LOS!

Kudos for thoroughly enjoying yourself, having a great rapport with so many ladies without drama! :clapclap:

#281 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:30 AM

I still think Walter should have given Pattaya a look :?

He would not know where to start.......Next Time :harhar:

#282 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

After that excellent TR, I envision T-shirts being sold by Jimbo that say:

"C&D's!
The official sponsor of Wally World!"

A rare and exciting trip report. You have thoroughly whet my appetite for my upcoming return to Patong in about 8 weeks!

Thanks for a job well done.

Nix

Attached Files

Nix

#283 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

I know you're only throwing me the bait, Pentire. But this time i'll bite (well, you knew i would!).
I have got to know Walter over the last 10 days and am absolutely certain Pattaya would not suit him, for the following reasons:
1) The beach is disgusting - and don't try and tell me Jomtien is better. It's not!
2) The bars are too small.
3) The bars are boring.
4) There is no (LB) bar in Pattaya that gives 5 star service

The only place that would stand a chance of captivating Walter, would be Obsessions, especially with those wild rooms upstairs.

So i would say: yes Walter, give it a try, after all you can always hop on the plane to Phuket - it only takes 4 hours door to door.

At least then i wouldn't have the likes of Kendo or Pentire baiting me, and Patong could rightfully have another claim to the title of Thailand's Leading Seaside Resort (as if it needed any more!).

#284 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

PT, let me try and explain it in terms that you might understand.

It's like buying your first horse and it goes out and wins the Triple Crown.
What's left? Phuket is like the Triple Crown. Pattaya is like being some 'Long-shot Louie' at Hialeah down to his last buck. Comprende? :D
I don't mind you coming here
And wasting all my time
Cuz when you're standing oh so near
I kinda lose my mind, yeah

#285 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

I don't think Pentire was recommending Pattaya as a choice of seaside resort, rather an alternative mongering venue. Given the relative numbers of LB lovers that visit each location, I would have thought Pattaya is more popular, not saying Walter would like it more though.
Personally I wouldn't rate either location as Thailand's leading seaside resort, nowhere near, but that's just my personal choice.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#286 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Walter, I don't read many trip reports, I happened to spot this one because I saw that P.T. had made a comment, and wanted to see what it was about. What an inspired and utterly fascinating concept. You and Jimbo brought your trip and the whole C&D experience right to our doorsteps. It's hard to follow all the accolades heaped upon you and the report without repeating what's already been said, but I can tell you I was absolutely riveted by your reporting and photos. I have a feeling that, given the chance, a lot of FMs would chip in to finance a series of trips and TRs by you. Well, maybe not, but you get the idea. Well done, Walter. You not only enjoyed every moment of your journey, but made us feel as though we did too. Bravissimo. :clapclap:
Actually living the dream.

#287 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

DELETED

Nick Bullseye

#288 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

An excellent trip report and made great reading. Certainly a good result for what I can only read as a first time visitor and no doubt much down to Jimbo's assistance to make for an excellent holiday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci