• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

Today's rates:

$ = 29.69
Euro= 41.64
GBP= 47.34

I first went to Thailand in January of 2006. I've spend about two years there since then. Think it was around 38-39 my first trip. Since then it had dropped below 30 twice, recovered to 36 only go back in the dumper now (and for a while). I consider 30 the pain threshold on the US dollar. I haven't booked a winter trip yet. Will be interesting to see if I can justify going this year. If so it will be a shorter trip.

My favorite site for checking exchange rate:

http://bankexchanger...et/default.aspx
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#38 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Same here my first trip was in September 2006 and I was getting about 38 baht per dollar, I wince at the current exchange rates. I have a trip scheduled for September that's going to dig me one hell of a hole to get out of.

#39 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Today's rates:

$ = 29.69
Euro= 41.64
GBP= 47.34

I first went to Thailand in January of 2006. I've spend about two years there since then. Think it was around 38-39 my first trip. Since then it had dropped below 30 twice, recovered to 36 only go back in the dumper now (and for a while). I consider 30 the pain threshold on the US dollar. I haven't booked a winter trip yet. Will be interesting to see if I can justify going this year. If so it will be a shorter trip.

I was with afriend who cashed up seom dollars last night, he got 28.7 at Kasikorn, ouch..

The UKĀ£ is going the same way, will be interesting to watch it over the next month or so before plotting my winter movements.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#40 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

My eyes are on the GBP vs. USD currently, which are both sliding against the THB.

What with the PIIGS doing their level best to screw up Euroland and Britain feeling the pressure from Brussels to assist in bailing some of them out again, versus Obama fiddle-fucking around and printing US dollars like there's no tomorrow, they're both struggling, but at least their doing it together.

Ahhh, nothing like the good old days :old:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#41 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

Today's rates:

$ = 29.69
Euro= 41.64
GBP= 47.34

My favorite site for checking exchange rate:

http://bankexchanger...et/default.aspx

Wish you were still getting 38/39. That means I'd be getting 40/41 to the A$. Although around 32 at the moment is quite OK.

Cheers DK
Oh so happy when in LOS

#42 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:38 AM

The Bank of Thailand raised interest rates 0.25% to 3.25% one week ago today to try and slow inflation. That has caused some of the recent decline in other currencies.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#43 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:51 AM

Its Greece, Ireland and now Italy fucking up Europe. Next is Portugal :loco:
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#44 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Thai baht to fall further - from Thaivisa: "Biz_TheNation: #HSBC's latest report: Thai #baht would end 2014 at 34 per dollar and weaken further to 34.5 in 2015."
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#45 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

The Tourism Council of Thailand estimates anti-government protests that started Oct. 31 may cost the local travel industry 22.5 billion baht ($685 million) this quarter. The central bank cut its 2014 economic growth forecast to about 3 percent this week from 4 percent, after unexpectedly holding its benchmark interest rate at 2.25 percent.

Source: Bloomberg

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci