Exchange Rate

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

As i write this, the stock markets, and euro and pound are all on their way to hell. So i presume the euro dictatorship has not come up with an answer to the contagion problem, today.

If you're about to come on holiday, i suggest you transfer your funds NOW to your thai bank accounts - you have all got one of those, haven't you? As i fear the rate will get worse before it gets better - that is if the euro continues its existence!

God knows what the exchange booths will be offering by tomorrow - i'll keep you posted.
  • ABDUMANAP and Abramovich like this

#2 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Cheer's for the doom and gloom jimbo, all us UK residents know the pound is fucked :!:

The days of 65baht to the pound like a lifetime ago...

And the UK, not having an aircraft carrier anymore, but still invading oil rich countries, who'd never done nowt to threaten the uk directly...

Weapons of mass destruction, my arse :redcard:
  • Abramovich likes this

#3 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

lucky i exchanged 12k dkk which is 70 k thb 10 days ago, today i would only have got 66k thb :D

when i changed it was 5,8 per dkk, now its 5,52 , but that is still a bit higher than the last time (april) where i got 5,35 per Dkk 8)

but i look every week whats happening,and exchange when i feel the rate is okay :blush:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#4 dunworth

dunworth
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

How many Dkk's would you normally go through on a trip to Thailand?

#5 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

God knows what the exchange booths will be offering by tomorrow - i'll keep you posted.

Just checked with XE.com, still showing 48-1, which ain't that bad considering i was getting 45-1 back in febuary

#6 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

depends on the lenght of the trip ofcourse..but i calculate with 2k(dkk) a day all inclusive

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

#7 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

How many Dkks would you normally go through on a trip to Thailand?

I was gonna make a dick joke but I don't have it in me

#8 dunworth

dunworth
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

I tried but failed.

#9 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

As i write this, the stock markets, and euro and pound are all on their way to hell. So i presume the euro dictatorship has not come up with an answer to the contagion problem, today.

It's Italy this time which has an economy about 6.5 times the size of Greece. The hot topic today on CNBC.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#10 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

depends on the lenght of the trip ofcourse..but i calculate with 2k(dkk) a day all inclusive

2000 DKK a day equals 140,000 baht, that's a lot of money in any language. Don't you mean 200 DKK a day?

#11 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

The price of a trip to Thailand is rising and will continue to do so, apparently the Thai Baht is going to rise by 8.8% in the next 12 months too.

Source: Bloomberg

Meum cerebrum nocet

#12 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

2000 DKK a day equals 140,000 baht, that's a lot of money in any language. Don't you mean 200 DKK a day?

nope... 2000 Dkk is equal to about 11.000 thb :tada:

but i wish you were right :D

bye the way...the euro took a deep dive today i see ( and by that also my valuta as we have obliged to follow the euro) iam happy that iam not going withinn the next 2-3 weeks as it seems allthings can happen... :blush:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci