77 replies to this topic

#13 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

thanks for the TR FB

I will uses the information wisely.

Im in patts for the first time in many years so looking forward to check her out again.

I was planning to stay in chuba hut resort, sorry to you didnt think it was ok. i booked on advise of another BM who said it was great

I will check out the room before I agree with the amount. I have various offers at the moment 600 baht - 900 -1000.

I'll find out tomorrow.

cheers pela
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#14 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

Nice update there Fatboy - could you change the name of the thread though? I was half expecting a report on a new, yet down-at-the-heels cabaret featuring a flamboyantly gay piano player. :D

Granted I have only visited there a few times, but I never had a good impression of the girls at Pook's Swan - looks or attitude-wise. But sorry to hear that the service at Pook's Soi 6 has gone downhill as well - it was firing on all cylinders this past Jan and Feb.

Odd that the girls should be stand-offish if business is down, but I suppose it's as anthony70 says, they're looking for newbies and whales. What's the old saying? - "familiarity breeds contempt".

I combat this tendency by spending like a sailor on shore leave... :D

#15 khunjohn

khunjohn
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

No longer can someone go and enjoy a drink in a LB (or any bar for that matter) withput getting bothered for a) ladydrinks or b) ST or BF. No longer can you just go and see a LB friend without getting attitude.

Some new girls in there which is always nice to see, but they do need to mingle with customers more and not spend all night just sat outside. Me and PP tried out a theory, and went to sit outside to see what they would do....they all went inside leaving us looking like muppets. 555

How exactly do you want to be treated at a bar where you've become a regular? If the girls come and sit by you then that's implicitly asking for a drink and you don't like that. If the girls leave you alone then that's making you feel ignored and unwanted.

What should they do?

Personally I'd prefer that they leave me alone and then I can wave over the one I want to get to know better on this visit. I'm not sure why you didn't ask a girl over during those times you felt abandoned. Even if you were alone every girl in the place knew you were there and were a potential customer. If they stayed away it was likely because they felt a high likelihood of rejection if they approached.

#16 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

A few more pics for you taken mostly at La Bamba....

Attached Files

If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#17 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

#18 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

More from the same night.....

Attached Files

#19 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

Great mini trip report on your pattaya reflections fbuk

Was great to finally meet up with yourself and several other great BM's, and you play a good game of pool.

I even got CT8982 to gimme some much needed computer lessons on the mac, but im afraid i kinda got lost in all the technical stuff he taught me, i still struggle to resize my bloody photo's :tantrum:

Likewise me old mucker.....just a shame a certain someone was unavailable.....

#20 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

How exactly do you want to be treated at a bar where you've become a regular? If the girls come and sit by you then that's implicitly asking for a drink and you don't like that. If the girls leave you alone then that's making you feel ignored and unwanted.

What should they do?

Personally I'd prefer that they leave me alone and then I can wave over the one I want to get to know better on this visit. I'm not sure why you didn't ask a girl over during those times you felt abandoned. Even if you were alone every girl in the place knew you were there and were a potential customer. If they stayed away it was likely because they felt a high likelihood of rejection if they approached.

Good point khunjohn...it's just a case of wanting the happy medium I suppose. Attention, but not the pestering or attitude.

Does such a place exist? :D

#21 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

Good reporting and excellent pics FB (no names?) 8)

Sometimes it's better to hear a warts'n'all exposé of a visit to LOS. The reports where everything goes swimmingly have a hint of non-realism about them and in reality are far and few between, plus, it's good to get it off your chest.

Maybe you had some 'down' times, but I know you had great times too and enjoyed yourself as I was there for a few of them. All the hassles and grief are par for the course and best to take them in your stride.

Shanksy is a top geezer too and you were in very good knowledgable hands (I just wish he'd post more on the forum) and it was a pleasure to finally meet up with you :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#22 Josh69

Josh69
  • Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

I enjoyed it too, thank you FB!!! :butterfly:

#23 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:32 AM

dixon said

Shanksy is a top geezer

have you been on something dc?? comming away with crazy statements like this :D
only pulling your leg, the shankster is a WHOLE lot of top bloke ;-) :love:
the thing i like about shanksy, he is always willing to pass on his knowledge and great company.

#24 shanksy

shanksy
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

dixon said

Shanksy is a top geezer

have you been on something dc?? comming away with crazy statements like this :D
only pulling your leg, the shankster is a WHOLE lot of top bloke ;-) :love:
the thing i like about shanksy, he is always willing to pass on his knowledge and great company.

Please please stop it, im blushing

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci