World Cup 2010

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#25 Ali71

Ali71
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:32 AM

It is annoying I agree but not as bad as some are making out I watch with the sound and its just part of the African World Cup just ignore it and enjoy the football

it would be nice if they did stop it I guess but its something you will always remeber about the world cup in s.africa

#26 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

Last year during the Confederations Cup the network carrying the games here seem to have their field microphones turned up too high. At times the horns were almost as loud as the announcers. Things seem a bit better this year with the horns more in the background (although still annoying). But look at the bright side. You can't hear the English fans singing. :lol:
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#27 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Actually, and I say this with some pride, the England game was one of the few games where the singing managed to break through on occassions - thanks to the England band and a few choruses of God Save the Queen etc..

It was a nice to hear the singing (it felt like you were watching a proper game - rather than a African friendly on Eurosport) and served to show how badly the horns are affecting the atmosphere, but even the singing and England band were drowned out most of the game.

I heard they expected to make over £2M in horn sales, so there's probably little to no chance they will allow a ban on the horns. Gutted..

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#28 Ali71

Ali71
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

Well I agree its a bad thing if its drowning out the crowd singing i hadnt even thought about that but its a very good point

#29 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:31 AM

like a wasps hive in ma telly!! :tantrum:

Attached Files

#30 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:51 AM

Now available as a iPhone App I see.....capable of belting out 90 decibels of drone.....not bad, as the real things hit 130 db apparently.

Still, freshly downloaded for the streets of Sin City.

That, combined with my Red Shirt....good job I have travel insurance. :blush:

(Don't worry lads, I'll leave the App in the safe, but the Red Shirt is definately coming out to play.....)
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#31 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:03 AM

Spain? Are they as over rated as suspected? I think so. If they survive first round now, they get Brasil in the 1/8. Adios!
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#32 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:19 AM

#33 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:23 AM

My money is on Germany,

then drawing Engerland in the quarters. :harhar:

I agree, they played great. But then Engerland is gone you mean? I thought they were winning the cup, they say so themselves :D
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#34 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

#35 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

No offense to Australia, but it will be interesting to see the Germans against a decent team.

After watching everyone play their first game, suddenly England don't look so bad. No one has particularly impressed, I think Engalnd are in with a serious shout, with as much chance as anyone.. Maybe this could be Slovenia's year :D

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#36 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:34 AM

Agree with PP....
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci