Photo

FBUK is considering spreading his wings....advice?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#13 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

FBUK wrote:

I like the idea of perhaps employing a guide, but where's the sense of adventure?

I reckon the right guide could deliver quite the adventure - let's hope your chat pals are filthy. :D

#14 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hi FBUK - just caught up with this post and will drop you a detailed PM in the next couple of days as I'm up to neck in work right now.
Just briefly, if you route through HK then you have a short flight to MNL or Cebu and I guess that you get good air rates? You should deffo catch up with Kliome for his objective view on the PI. If here for just 3 days then I would think on the idea of just heading to one place ie Manila, Cebu or AC. He will doubtless advise that you try to get here for a weekend ie Thurs - Sun as it is very quiet for the rest of the week. Especially in Cebu (eh Kliome?) and less so Manila.

#15 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

Appreciate that Dazed....

Turns out it is a weekend I'm looking at spending there, and yes, I do get good air rates. Manila is easier for me to get to from HK due to the frequency of flights, and its then easier for me to get back to Bangkok from there too, all be it with just Thai and Kuwait Airways.

I was considering Cebu on my own research of LB activity, and how hot one LB I have been chatting to is, but have since found out for a 3 night-er, it's probably better I just stick to Manila due to the increased bar scene. (Rather then street walking like Cebu - I prefer more bar based hunting) That and Cebu is yet another flight to deal with on a very short stopover already.

Look forward to your tips and advice when you can buddy.
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#16 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

but in your case fatlad, i do know its easier to get a filipino to the uk, should you fall in love.
but you wouldnt do that now would you.? :D

Of course not Anthony...

Cheers for the links Pela...other then a visit to Angkor Wat, Cambodia never really appealed.

I do know Phili is a bitch to get to, but as I'm routing via Hong Kong anyway, I can jump straight on a flight to Cebu with Cathay, or just go via Manila and buy full fare to Cebu. I'd get back to Bangkok with Thai or Kuwait Airways from Manila, so all in all sounds fairly easy. I like the idea of perhaps employing a guide, but where's the sense of adventure?

no problems FBUK

sounds like you have your trip in hand

we look forward to your TR

have a great time

cheers pela
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#17 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hi FBUK, I've sent you a PM.

Cheers D&C.

#18 lookinforlove

lookinforlove
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

hey FBUK
if you are going here for 3 days you would miss the fun in each places.
i believe you are planning to go ANG, MNL, and CEB. These places are far from each other. The bottomline is that you would just be sniffing the air of each places.

But i wish you all the best

hugs
teenLB

Attached Files

• Attached File  jen2.jpg   30.05KB   553 downloads

whatever comes along would be great :)

#19 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

lookinforlove wrote:

The bottomline is that you would just be sniffing the air of each places.

Au contraire Miss brown bear - rest assured our FBUK will be sniffing bottoms wherever there is air. :D

#20 lookinforlove

lookinforlove
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

lookinforlove wrote:

The bottomline is that you would just be sniffing the air of each places.

Au contraire Miss brown bear - rest assured our FBUK will be sniffing bottoms wherever there is air. :D

I am sure he will do his best for that monsiuer :)
whatever comes along would be great :)

#21 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

I like sniffing I do....

D&C - a massive thanks for the PM mate. Most useful. If I do anything it will be a few days in Manila, so you'll be hearing from me again if thats the case.

My whole trip is a bit up in the air at the mo, following news of yet more strikes within my company, so have to just see what happens for now.

Thanks

#22 nadeen

nadeen
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

hey FBUK,3 days my man,if i was you land manila,1 night in manila,next day head up to angeles city,about 2.5 hours in taxi,1 night there.Then back down to subic bay,is about 1hour back,then next day,you can fly out of subic bay direct to bangkok,asia air.

Leave cebu,bohol,mindanao,boracay,when you have more time matey,i have been to the phils many times,i prefer thailand.

If i was to return to the phils i would go straight to boracay,clean white beach,billy boys every where.

catch up soon i hope fatboy,regards terry

#23 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for your input Terry....much appreciated.

Sounds like a hell of alot of moving around for 3 days!

#24 gervaso

gervaso
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hi FBUK I've spent many days in Philippines in the last 5 years for business and learn some of how to have some fun specially Manila and Cebu

I'll be there again in june after the 15th for few days ...send me a pm if you interested in some more "detailed " info

Anyway if you stay 3 days make your choice and dont go around ! not necessary and very tiring considering traffic and distances

Have fun ...very different from Thailand but I love both place in different way

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci