Photo

Long Stay How much money to live comfortably?.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#25 silkpanties

silkpanties
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

After living here for 3 years, I decide to take the plunge and bought my own apartment, I paid 2.6 million for a 70 sqm 2 bed apartment close to the BTS, and found that it made a huge difference to my outgoings, I tend to stay in more and entertain more at home, and obviously if you are here long term it (IMHO) it makes sense to own your own place

#26 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

... and obviously if you are here long term it (IMHO) it makes sense to own your own place

It's not obvious to me.

Could you elaborate further on why you think it makes sense to buy, I must be missing something.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#27 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

For once, i agree with DC. I also have been here for 3 years+, and i can see absolutely no point in buying something that you're gonna have difficulty selling and even if you do, how are you going to get the money out of the country? And too many uncertainties over here. They're all fucking bonkers - when is the next coup? What will happen when He Who Cant Be Mentioned, dies? Now Thaksin is advising the Cambodians, how long before there's a war with them? etc etc

#28 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

As a professional who deals a lot with Thais and Thai economy and foreign investments into this country I can only give you all one advice… don’t invest any money into Thailand you are not prepared to loose in a second. Sad but true. :loco:

You are nothing but a guest in most beautiful country around and they can legally kick you out first second they like. How… to elaborate for this forum, but believe me… they can. :ang3:

BR

#29 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

I'm split on this property issue, I have purchased and sold two properties in Pattaya (well condos actually) and made a profit both times however, these days I much prefer the opportunity to change location on every visit.......sometimes two to three times in a single trip.
While I respect Robi's view, as long as a property has been purchased in a legitimate manner in ones own name (not sure about this company thing) it is as safe as houses.

#30 silkpanties

silkpanties
  • Members
  • 6 posts

After living here for 3 years, I decide to take the plunge and bought my own apartment, I paid 2.6 million for a 70 sqm 2 bed apartment close to the BTS, and found that it made a huge difference to my outgoings, I tend to stay in more and entertain more at home, and obviously if you are here long term it (IMHO) it makes sense to own your own place

#31 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

... and obviously if you are here long term it (IMHO) it makes sense to own your own place

It's not obvious to me.

Could you elaborate further on why you think it makes sense to buy, I must be missing something.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#32 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

For once, i agree with DC. I also have been here for 3 years+, and i can see absolutely no point in buying something that you're gonna have difficulty selling and even if you do, how are you going to get the money out of the country? And too many uncertainties over here. They're all fucking bonkers - when is the next coup? What will happen when He Who Cant Be Mentioned, dies? Now Thaksin is advising the Cambodians, how long before there's a war with them? etc etc

#33 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

As a professional who deals a lot with Thais and Thai economy and foreign investments into this country I can only give you all one advice… don’t invest any money into Thailand you are not prepared to loose in a second. Sad but true. :loco:

You are nothing but a guest in most beautiful country around and they can legally kick you out first second they like. How… to elaborate for this forum, but believe me… they can. :ang3:

BR

#34 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

I'm split on this property issue, I have purchased and sold two properties in Pattaya (well condos actually) and made a profit both times however, these days I much prefer the opportunity to change location on every visit.......sometimes two to three times in a single trip.
While I respect Robi's view, as long as a property has been purchased in a legitimate manner in ones own name (not sure about this company thing) it is as safe as houses.

#35 silkpanties

silkpanties
  • Members
  • 6 posts

#36 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

It's not obvious to me.

Meum cerebrum nocet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci