• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#13 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Sounds like it's not as cut and dry as i'd thought.

I would say never pay more than 10 baht inside the usual Pattaya bus loops. I maybe overpaying at 20 baht to Jomtien but the one time I asked of course the driver said "20 baht". :) If you ask a driver to take you somewhere specific you are looking at 100 baht. Sometimes I wave a bus down at some location where he might have an option of turning two ways. Say you are south of South Road on 2nd Road and want to go to Jomtien but the bus could go to Pratumnak Road instead. After waving I point off to the left and if the driver is going to Pratumnak Road he will pass me by.

I think the local Thais pay 5 Baht, unless they're a bar worker accompanied by a Farang.

Any Thai with a farang is usually expected to pay 10 baht. I have a friend from Canada that lives here with his Thai wife. Sometimes three of the wife's family come and visit and every trip on a bus for the five of them costs him 50 baht. Another good reason not to get married. :D
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#14 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

xyzzy, are you looking for reasons... hahaha
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#15 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

i bet the lads who only ever go to patong are wondering what a baht bus is. :lol:

place to stay--- c and d- ---place to stay- --c and d etc...... :lol:
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#16 thedeno

thedeno
  • Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

i bet the lads who only ever go to patong are wondering what a baht bus is. :lol:

place to stay--- c and d- ---place to stay- --c and d etc...... :lol:

and the ones that go to patong and only do "c and d --- place to stay --- etc" don't need to know what a baht bus is....

and those in patong know that there are better places than Pattaya....

#17 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

I wouldnt damn a whole location just because the bus fares are not obvious. My post was only to double check my assumptions were correct on fares.

Please lets not get into a Phuket v Pattaya discussion. Personally i love all the venues in Thailand. They are all different which makes for an interesting trip
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#18 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

I always thought it was 10 for Farang and 5 for Thai . My wife would pretend she did not know me to save 5 Baht . :roll:

Last trip we were headed for the Hard Rock from 2nd road but the bus stopped on the road that joins onto Beach road and stopped . The driver seemed really surprised when we did'nt jump out and pay him . When we said Hard Rock he asked for 20 Baht each .
Not sure if every Baht Bus stops there or if was just a one off.

I seem to remember paying 20 to get off in Naklua as well.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#19 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:52 AM

I came across this today. The sign that should be behind the driver's window on the Baht Buses..

Attached Files

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#20 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

Kliome, Great reporting - thanks.
That absolutely answers the question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci