Baht Bus price list - Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

Every time i visit Pattaya i'm never certain of the charge of the Baht Buses.

Seems its discretionary if you ask for a specific location (normally i'm asked for 100-150baht) - but somewhere between 10 - 30 baht otherwise if you just take a seat and go on the circle route from Beach Rd/Second.

Could the Pattaya Experts provide a better gauge as to the prices.

Thanks
Brit
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:21 AM

It's even simpler than that. It's 10 baht per person.

If you take a longer trip, say from Pattaya to Jomtien, it's usually fair to give 20 bht, and sometimes they will demand it, but it's written in side of a lot of the Baht Buses that's it's 10 bht.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

I thought if you stay on the bus all the way from the Dolphin Round-a-bout on the North to Walking St then the fee is higher??

There was some kind off price matrix on the rear window of the cabin when i last went on a bus. Too dark to work it out.

I remember also having an arguement with a bus driver when i paid him 20 baht and he got grumpy. So good to hear you're a 10 baht man Kliome - i thought it was around that value.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#4 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:37 AM

The price chart on the back of the driver windows usually say something like 10 baht per journey and then there is a grid of prices for private hire ie South Pattaya to Jomtien 100 baht etc..

I only pay 20 baht if the journey is a bit longer, perhaps the length of Pattaya beach is a 20bht journey, but even then it's discretional, and you shouldn't expect to pay more than 20 baht.

I'm probably sounding like a cheap Charlie, but I've never had a driver complain or ask me for more.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#5 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:45 AM

No no - you're actually confirming what i thought it was.

Just that bad experience when i paid 20 THB and got a blast from a driver - typical - he was obviously just trying it on with me.

Good to know my thoughts of the prices were correct.

Thanks again

#6 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:43 AM

For regular route journeys one rule you should always adopt is to never ask the driver or his co-pilot "how much" and avoid not having the correct coins or 20BHT note available as expecting change will likely draw blank stares from the cab.

If my journey crosses a reasonable distance between South / North Pattaya (Pattaya Klang) I tend to pay 20BHT, but that's just me as I think it's fair. Also between South Pattaya and Jomtien is 20BHT.

Just remember how lucky we are in Pattaya for songthaew pricing compared to Phuket, that is one of the major bug-bears of Ladyboy Island.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#7 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Generally for around Pattaya it is 10 baht per person.

If you go outside the main drag (not the usual 2nd Road/Beach Road circuit)- Jomtien, Naklua would be 20 Baht.

Always have the correct money - place through the window and walk on.

So keep 10 baht coins handy - those old film containers are great for coins.

Avoid any negotiation - get on, get off and pay exact fare.

#8 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

Good point DC. There is truly a shortage of cheap transport in Phuket - so for those planning trips, it really pays to stay close to Bangla Road if you plan on regular forays into the nightlife.

Last time there I was in a 5 star resort about 30-40 minutes away and it was costing me 450-600 baht ONE WAY to make my nightly monger to C&D and Soi Croc. It was enough of an expense that I was tempted to rent a car but figured parking downtown would be a major hassle. The island roads are too hilly for a simple scooter, and as I don't really know how to ride a proper motorcycle AND like to have a few drinks on occasion, :lol:, the temptation to rent a motorbike lasted about 30 seconds.

Was glad to finally move into simpler accommodations at The Place to Stay, with all of Ladyboy Island's delights within walking distance.

#9 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

Generally for around Pattaya it is 10 baht per person.

If you go outside the main drag (not the usual 2nd Road/Beach Road circuit)- Jomtien, Naklua would be 20 Baht.

Always have the correct money - place through the window and walk on.

So keep 10 baht coins handy - those old film containers are great for coins.

Avoid any negotiation - get on, get off and pay exact fare.

Good suggestion on those film containers - i will find one for my next trip... saves racking around for the correct spare change in your pocket.

#10 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

If I get on a bus at Tukcom on South Road I still only pay 10 baht to the roundabout or a little into Naklua. Never had any problem. Someone once told me it was 20 baht to Jomtien if you get on north of Central Road??? But I usually go ahead and pay 20 baht to Jomtien from South Road. I pay for 10 baht rides with 20 baht bills often but nothing larger. I leave my arm inside the window until I get my change. Only had one driver sort of try and take off while my arm was still inside the cab.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#11 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

Sounds like it's not as cut and dry as i'd thought.

I was expecting that i would have been ridiculed for not knowing the definative price - but sounds like its not a 'standard' charge as i'd first expected. That its an approx 10-20baht cost discretionary on distance - with more expected if specifying a location.

I don't feel such a fool - because many times i've visited and just guessed the value at 10-20 THB depending on distance... and never asked the price. (with only that one grumpy driver)

#12 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Sounds like it's not as cut and dry as i'd thought.

I think the local Thais pay 5 Baht, unless they're a bar worker accompanied by a Farang.

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci