May-June 2009 anyone?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#25 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

Nice one ! i got part of it right then, I am a big fan of Bond and John wayne. though Connery is my all time fav Bond. Been to the James bond island in Thailand and did the standing back to back shot of Moore and lee with the rock in the background standing out of the water ( Man with the golden gun) film.

Dont envy you being a bar manager, been their and the hours tend to be long and people dont see what a manager as to do cashing, banking, cellar work Ie line cleaning ordering the right amount of stock etc. I used to do about 80 to 90 hours a week and finding staff that are honest and can do the job is another. Hope you punters appreciate what you have to do each day

good luck hope the pub is doing well

ps would be nice if Maud Adams & Britt Eckland were Ladyboys

#26 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

have to agree with the duke here, rodger moore all the way

Attached Files

#27 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

Nice one ! i got part of it right then, I am a big fan of Bond and John wayne. though Connery is my all time fav Bond. Been to the James bond island in Thailand and did the standing back to back shot of Moore and lee with the rock in the background standing out of the water ( Man with the golden gun) film.

Dont envy you being a bar manager, been their and the hours tend to be long and people dont see what a manager as to do cashing, banking, cellar work Ie line cleaning ordering the right amount of stock etc. I used to do about 80 to 90 hours a week and finding staff that are honest and can do the job is another. Hope you punters appreciate what you have to do each day

good luck hope the pub is doing well

Done the Bond Island trip myself with the photo of the rock in the background 8)

Your not wrong about being a Manager of a pub either, some punters just think you get up and work behind the bar :shock:

Its nothing like that as you have pointed out with the other 101 duties that goes into running a boozer but fortunately I do have the Landlord that will be present when Im working my stints as a Stretcher Bearer at the Man United home and Reserve games.

I do have trustworthy Staff who can can do most of the tasks required ( e.g changing kegs) without disturbing me too much
So I can get my hours down to about 50 though technically I'm on Duty basically 24/7 as I live on the premises and sometimes theres no restbite, the only cure for that is my trips to The Land of Smiles twice a year :D

Sorry but I dont resemble the Duke, David Dickinson or Roger Moore in the Slightest :D

P.S. Britt Ekland indeed would make a Perfect Ladyboy, have had many a thought about that myself :wink:

Attached Files

#28 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the ID on those two lovely Bond Girls OTS - Britt Ekland was one of the hottest!

What a great job you have Duke - must be great to just get up and work behind a bar. And all the free drinks you couls want! :lol:

Cool that you're a stretcher bearer at Old Trafford - how long have you done that and how does one get that gig? Just curious - do you need to be a qualified member of some rescue service or just a member of MU or some combination thereof?

#29 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Ah......you walk in carrying a stretcher..........oldest trick in the book........! :roll:

Only kidding......obviously a well qualified chap with a few strings to his bow...... :wink:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#30 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the ID on those two lovely Bond Girls OTS - Britt Ekland was one of the hottest!

What a great job you have Duke - must be great to just get up and work behind a bar. And all the free drinks you couls want! :lol:

Cool that you're a stretcher bearer at Old Trafford - how long have you done that and how does one get that gig? Just curious - do you need to be a qualified member of some rescue service or just a member of MU or some combination thereof?

As Onetruesaxon has explained it is NOT as easy as just getting up and working behind the bar ( I wish it was), 80 hour weeks and being on call 24/7 can be pretty Stressful.

I started the Stretcher Bearer work at Old Trafford when Euro 1996 was being held in England.

We are a separate Unit from St John Ambulance altogether.

This started after a very horrific injury to a Coventry Player named David Busst ( pic below) which finished his career, he was on the Pitch in agony which seemed like an age so we "Only" concentrate on taking care of the players for speed

There are two teams which do either side of the Pitch ( my team is on the Streford End side) which consist of three guys plus a qualified Paramedic with a headset that can conduct proceedings depending on how bad the injury is via the Ambulance crew.
We also did many England Football Internationals and Rugby matches, and we do the Rugby Super League Final each year.

Attached Files

#31 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

well,

I hope to get there around the 24th if possible. Its a break for me to go. I want to be where the real action is. If i have to go to all 3 then so be it. I should be there no later than the 27th!!

Sorry your thread was kinda hijacked mate :lol:

I will be in Pattaya from the 24th for a week with BigTel and others, hope to see you around for a few beers 8)

#32 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

see you there Dave...... :wink:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#33 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

Ouch! I'm not surprised that that was a career ending injury.

Check out this clip of one of the most famous sports injuries from the left side of the Atlantic:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1iVRRu6w0

The Hit That Changed a Career
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/17/AR2005111701635_pf.html

Interestingly enough, the guy who got hurt says that there was relatively little pain as the body's defenses kicked in almost immediately.

#34 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm also angling to make a little visit to the fleshpots of Bangkok and Pattaya around end of May - look forward to meeting some of you for a few drinks and sports horror stories. :D

#35 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

End of May....alas not Crackerjax, too close to Derby Day on Epsom Downs for me then Royal Ascot a couple of weeks later :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci