Photo

Do you want unlimited validity of your thai sim?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#13 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:03 AM

i usually go to thaialnd twice a year for 3 weeks at a time, and my thai sim card is with dtac, i use my sim card quite often phonning home, so top it up quite often, and every time i top it up it tells you when it is valid to, and it gives you a long time, not sure it will do this if you only top up say 1000 per trip, but i usually go through 4000/5000 per trip, and every time i top it up the longer of validity it gives you

#14 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:16 AM

... i use my sim card quite often phonning home, so top it up quite often... i usually go through 4000/5000 per trip

Home is about the last thing on my mind when I'm LoS.

4-5k phoning home over 3 weeks?! WTF! :shock:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#15 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

Dc, if on the phone every couple of days for 15/20 mins it soon adds up

#16 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:24 AM

i guess i am just a mummy's boy then :oops:

#17 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

I agree, but the only time when i call home is when i arrive in Bangkok just to tell my mom :oops: that i arrived safely in this strange foreign country! Yes i am a good boy! :wink:

Like dixon said, i dont waste a second on thoughts about Germany when i am in LOS. And if friends or colleagues want to contact me they can do this via email or MSN.

#18 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

I agree, but the only time when i call home is when i arrive in Bangkok just to tell my mom :oops: that i arrived safely in this strange foreign country! Yes i am a good boy! :wink:

:lol: Don't we all?

#19 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:51 AM

Don't we all?

I give mine a buzz once I'm back home.

She's given up asking for holiday snaps too :wink:

Maybe another poll is in order, who calls mum from LoS? :lol:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#20 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:48 AM

me :lol:

#21 aktiv-passiv

aktiv-passiv
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:19 AM

Works with my 12call SIM card too. It is valid one more year, counting from the day of every top up. I think the card cost me 100 or 200 Baht more than the normal 300. But it is great not have to change phone numbers each time you do not manage it to LOS within the next 3 months.

#22 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

My service with AIS should have ended in October according to all their sms's they send.

"To avoid the service termination, please top up your account before 17/10/2008" And then I get the same but with 17/11/2008, 17/12/08 and today 17/01/2009 :lol: so I should be right when I am back.

#23 budhas

budhas
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

Sorry but i dont really understand here the Thread. My Problem is i have a 12call Sim Card and when i leave last week Thailand my sccount said 90 Baht on it. My friend fly on Sunday to thailand i want to give him my phone to charge more money. Next time iam in Thailand i June what did my friend make that i can use my phone in June also. Thanks for your answers.

Greet

Alex

#24 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

What most of these posts mean is that if you want your sim to stay valid until your next visit to Thailand, you must buy enough credit to extend the expiry date until your return.

Most of the sim providers have different plans for their customers - you can choose a plan that will give you more days on top up, but charge more per minute when you talk. If your provider does this (a good example of this is TRUE), then change the plan just before you leave and top up so you have a good expiry date. Then when you return change back to the cheap plan for saving more money when you call. Then when you leave switch again to get longer expiry date with top ups.

In your case, just make sure your friend buys enough credit for your sim expiry to last until June. Easy to do at 7/11, Family Mart, etc. I would guess 500 - 1000 Baht should be enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci