Photo

Do you want unlimited validity of your thai sim?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

Finally a straight forward procedure to doing this :!:

You will need a Dtac sim card and than follow the steps in the below image :)

Cheers

Attached Files

#2 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:31 PM

Interesting! I hope that 12call will offer the same for my SIM-card!

#3 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

Recoil I've had the same 12call number for 4 years....every time you top up with 300bht you get another month validity...doesn't take long to get 12 months (max.) ahead.....saves a lot on buying new sim card every time
Oh so happy when in LOS

#4 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

Recoil I've had the same 12call number for 4 years....every time you top up with 300bht you get another month validity...doesn't take long to get 12 months (max.) ahead.....saves a lot on buying new sim card every time

I did exactly this in the past. Then i went to the AIS center in MBK and they changed my promotion (thats what they called it) and my sim was valid for a whole year even without top-ups.

Found out recently that i can check my 12call prepaid account via my german network. Seems that 12call offers rooming now.

#5 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

I use "One 2 Call" and every time I 'top up' I get a message telling me that it is valid for 1 year from the top up date - that implies that if I top up today, and do not use all the credit, then the SIM is valid for 1 year.

#6 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

I use my Thai number with one 2 call via the O2 network even when I am in England, my Thai bitches :lol: continue to sms me and of course I can reply.
Just before I leave Thailand the phone is credited with 2000 Baht in order to allow this continueous service.

#7 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:17 AM

I use "One 2 Call" and every time I 'top up' I get a message telling me that it is valid for 1 year from the top up date - that implies that if I top up today, and do not use all the credit, then the SIM is valid for 1 year.

1 year valid from the top up date? How you managed that? :?:

#8 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

Same as above.

I have a 12call sim and always seem to get 12 month validity no matter how much I top up.

But to be honest, it's usually more convenient and LB hassel free to get a new number with each trip.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#9 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Yes you get the 1 year validity because of your top ups in the past...when i go back in 8 weeks i'll topup and be 1 year ahead again
Oh so happy when in LOS

#10 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

I think if u going often u dont want to change u number all the time or if u use it for business etc u would want keep it same number i usually get new one every time like kilome says keeps the hassle down i keep the lbs numbers just call them when i get back with the new number like i go 1 a year now not worth to keep the number :lol:

#11 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:57 PM

I received an sms today saying that I need to top up otherwise it'll become invalid, I know you can change the 12call sim card to expire in 12 months but the call rates are three times more expensive so i'll be buying myself a Dtac sim when I land and they market it towards short stay tourists.

Heres a link, it's in english also http://www.dtac.co.th/index_en.php

#12 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

I received an sms today saying that I need to top up otherwise it'll become invalid, I know you can change the 12call sim card to expire in 12 months but the call rates are three times more expensive so i'll be buying myself a Dtac sim when I land and they market it towards short stay tourists.

Heres a link, it's in english also http://www.dtac.co.th/index_en.php

Which is why you change the plan when you arrive back in LOS. It's pretty simple really.

Step one:
B4 leaving LOS, top up your account and call 12call and have them change your plan to the more expensive, 1 year expiration plan. Now you're good for 12 months, and since you're leaving LOS, you won't be using any of those "expensive" minutes.

Step two:
As soon as you land back in LOS, call 12call and have the plan changed back to the cheapest by the minute plan they have.

Done.

Repeat step one when you leave again.
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci