Photo

Anyone knows what happen to the Ladyboy forum?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#13 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

As a lurker on the "Toonedup" site, I appreciate that some of you guys are frustrated with the sites disappearance.

One thing to remember is that the success of any forum is totally dependant upon the members posting.

Similarly, its up to the members to decide what topics are discussed and decide the general direction which is taken.

If you want to start a thread on Japan, Indonesia or the Phillipines, there's no stopping you !

If Rolle & others wants to post some of those great photos I remember fondly on the "Toonedup" site, please be my guest.

So to all the new members on this site, welcome & please feel free to contribute.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#14 gipsy

gipsy
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:54 PM

Nicely said koykaeng although I'm not sure about the ambiguous reference to members posting, do you mean here or on toonedup? IMO toonedup had some terrific postings, and was, or so it seemed to me, a very popular forum.
In an earlier posting Dieter points out that toonedup was "controlled" by asiants, at least that's how my dots join up. And I believe this forum is also connected to asiants, please correct me if I am wrong? So if this forum becomes as popular as toonedup appeared to have been does this one vanish too?
I just cannot believe that whomever was behind the scenes at toonedup has not noticed this site, or this posting. Or that whomever is behind the scenes of this forum has absolutely no idea what happened to toonedup. Personally I'd be delighted to hear what members did that caused toonedup to be closed down without a word, and I'd wager I'm not alone in my curiosity.
I also cannot believe that toonedup members, at least the more visible posters and contributors, do not know about this site. Yet with the exception of Rolle I haven't seen any of them here, unless they have different usernames? Maybe someone will hazard a guess as to why?

#15 Nong1

Nong1
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:01 PM

"In an earlier posting Dieter points out that toonedup was "controlled" by asiants, at least that's how my dots join up. And I believe this forum is also connected to asiants, please correct me if I am wrong? "

well, you are halfway correct..... the toonedup forum was run by ATS, but this one is not. Not a bad idea about re-directing traffic here though, the Ladyboy Hunter has come up with a great website here and it seems like all the people who read the Tooned-up forum have already discovered this cool place!

To put all your minds at ease about the missing Tooned-up forum, I am the Admin/owner there and can speak for it..... we were hacked badly in September and had to shut down. some A-hole hackers from oversea's were sending out thousands of spam letters from that server location somehow and we were getting flooded with complaints and it actually put our dedicated servers in jeopardy. The site is still there, all the posts are saved and complete, etc..... just behind the scenes. we can bring it back anytime and may do just that very soon.

Again, we have no problems working in conjunction with this forum; both are dedicated to ladyboy-lovers and the people who run this website are very cool, if we do revive the tooned-up forum I hope you all can enjoy them both. Please note that this is not a spam post in any way, I am just responding to the questions already raised here.

Thanks!

#16 mowee

mowee
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:48 PM

some how i can't belive you nong1. maybe you are genuine.but a genuine person never mentions he is not a spam. and in another thread you mention that you have just seen this site, but if you check the left side of the screen you have been a member since 4 aug.

i don't know what everyone else thinks.

#17 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:53 PM

I would tend to give nong1 the benefit of the doubt :)
By saying he has just seen this site, i am sure he means the sensational new LB-69 site as opposed to the previous Ladyboyhunter forum which he joined in August and of course all memberships were transfered.
Welcome nong1 and thank you for explaining the Toonedup Mystery :!:

#18 Nong1

Nong1
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:03 AM

well, you can believe me or not, ladyboy hunter knows who I am and that is good enough for me.

I said I had just seen THIS website today, the ladyboy69 site; I have indeed been registered with the ladyboy hunter website since August, actually for a while before that with another name. I just don't post much here but I always knew the forum existed.

strange, why would I come on a forum like this and announce that I was the Admin for that other forum if it wasn't really mine? I am not sure how I could gain from that.
ladyboys are very cool people

#19 Nong1

Nong1
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:05 AM

By saying he has just seen this site, i am sure he means the sensational new LB-69 site as opposed to the previous Ladyboyhunter forum which he joined in August and of course all memberships were transfered.
Welcome nong1 and thank you for explaining the Toonedup Mystery :!:

exactly......I always knew about the LB-hunter forum, I actually was registered on there in 2004. But the website it is attached to now is new and looks great!

you guys did a good job, looks like a lot of work went into it and you will do well with it I am sure, good luck.

#20 mowee

mowee
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

hi nong, i didn't mean to sound rude or bad :oops: . but the news of toonedup coming back was too good to hear. a lot of people where suggesting that the site wont come back. if it wasn't for toonedup a lot of people would face dificulty in lb scene in thailand.
the threads the galleries and advices are so accurate and up to date.i might have not posted a lot on toonedup but gained a lot from it.i guess we are all waiting for the site to be back.
thankyou..

#21 Nong1

Nong1
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:02 AM

No harm done, I have actually been surprised at the amount of letters I have gotten asking to revive that forum, it was run by my friend Mike and I seldom visited there so I didn't know it was so popular! It wasn't taking up any bandwidth, that wasn't the problem; it was because it was hacked that we had to close it, plain and simple.

Should be up and running again in a short while, I contacted the server company right after I saw this thread here. But as I say, any info that ladyboy-lovers share about the scene can benefit us all so I hope everyone reads and contributes in as many places as possible, including this cool forum. It seems that most people who knew about that one also read here and vice versa, and that is only a good thing for the community in general.

#22 gipsy

gipsy
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:18 AM

Well thank you very much for your honesty Nong1 and for satisfying the curiosity of many I'm sure. I fully expect both forums will do very well as they serve a community which is evidently very large and has begun to find valuable information within the postings at both forums.
I've no doubt many people will be delighted to hear your comments and I do hope that whatever problems you had with hackers is over and finished.
It will be good to post in both places in the future :D

#23 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:23 AM

Hi Nong,

Nice to hear from you again.

Appreciate you explaining the disappearance of the Toonedup forum.

Have to agree that there is no reason why a number of LB forums can't co-exist and benefit each other.
Not sure whether the interest in LB's is increasing or if these people have just discovered the internet !

Thanks for your positive feedback on the LB-69 site.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#24 Nong1

Nong1
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:30 AM

sure, I just hope no one here thinks I am also going by the name East bay here! I am only registered as Nong and Nong1 on this forum, I see someone was sending up some links to commercial sites in another thread but that was not me.

I told a lot of people about this forum and website today, I also got back this from the server company;

"sorry for the delay, we are having problems with our primary DNs server, and
have been unable to make the correction so far. It should be working within
the next 24 hours."

time will tell..... if the forum there comes back on I guess that is proof enough that it really is mine? I was actually sent here today from someone who saw this thread and asked me to add in my 2 cents about the old forum; if it comes back on I guess a lot of people will be happy in the end?

I don't know, as I say I rarely went there! but it seems to have been a hangout for a lot of people so we will get it back up again, it's very east to run. thanks, see ya'

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci