Mass protests in Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#25 MDS

MDS
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

So hoping this blows over soon and it goes back to normal.

#26 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

Pattaya has seen no problems as yet.

The new International airport is South of Bangkok and 75 mins North of Pattaya so people not staying in Bangkok should be OK.

#27 knac1966

knac1966
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

Hiya, just wondering on the ground in Thailand , i havent booked flights yet but my hols are booked for sept 20 to oct 4, and i booked the hotel, the PBR , e-mailed them and they say to come on out everything is ok, but they could be biased, jaysus dont want to go there and get stuck there or get killed, what yee think better off going to Spain! ?

#28 Kinkoy

Kinkoy
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

Hiya, just wondering on the ground in Thailand , i havent booked flights yet but my hols are booked for sept 20 to oct 4, and i booked the hotel, the PBR , e-mailed them and they say to come on out everything is ok, but they could be biased, jaysus dont want to go there and get stuck there or get killed, what yee think better off going to Spain! ?

:lol: :lol: he he. Yeah, sure you will be better off in Spain :roll:

Try to read the above links, and there never been any troubble in Patts.
So dark, the con of man..

#29 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

http://www.guardian....lmedia.thailand todays news they blocking out websites now

#30 Russ07

Russ07
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

just make sure to buy a tazzer if you go to thailand during this time, they are easy to come by... :x

#31 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:55 AM

but are there similar happenings going on elsewhere in the country?

There are demonstrations in many parts of the country. Lets hope that it will calm down over the next days.

#32 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

The state of emergency in Bangkok is over.

Samak resigned as prime minister, probably Somchai Wongsawat will become the next prime minister of Thailand.

But nobody is sure if this will end the protests.

But at least something happens.

#33 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

In the last few days Bangkok was nearly back to normal. But yesterday a new wave of violence broke out and 2 people got killed and over 250 got injured.

I hope the situation will calm down soon, i will be back in LOS in 6 weeks.

At least until now the life in Bangkok goes on like normal except of the government district (Dusit). I talked to some friends who live there and everybody is afraid that the country is heading to a civil war.

#34 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

I'm in Bangkok on the 3rd of November , I just hope they dont close down Nana as I should be safe in that area .
I might stay away from some of the other tourist places but will try and get a local as a guide just incase.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#35 xljx

xljx
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Civil war :shock: . We’ll se about that but if situation is not deteriorating then there is no reason to worry. I our country people like to demonstrate a lot so I’m just used to avoid the crowds with such intentions.

#36 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:22 AM

but if situation is not deteriorating then there is no reason to worry.

I agree with that. I spoke with a friend who came back from Bangkok yesterday and he didnt noticed anything about the problem (except on tv of course).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci