Lita's Bar - Closed?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 dixon.cox

dixon.cox
  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

I don't wish to cause panic, but a friend of mine in Pattaya has told me that Lita's Bar has been closed due to issues with the police.
- Is there any truth in this?

Is there anyone on the ground who can shed further light?

I enjoyed myself every time I visited this bar and I know it is one of the most popular venues for LB admirers and a regular hang-out and meeting place for us board members.

I hope that if there is truth in this then it is only temporary or that my source is wrong.

Karl - Could you give as an update and re-assure us that this is not the case please?

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

I have been informed that it has been closed, however I don't fully appreciate the circumstances, and not sure how long it will remain closed.

My understanding is that it is due to some issues unrelated to the police.

Hopefully Karl shall update the forum when he is ready.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#3 dixon.cox

dixon.cox
  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:33 AM

With regret KK, thankyou for the confirmation.

I'm sure Karl and Lita have more pressing issues to deal with right now and, as you say, Karl will inform us when he is in a position to do so.

#4 badpress

badpress
  • Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:55 AM

I certainly hope this is nothing too serious.
Not just from a selfish point of view,regarding how good a bar it is.
More importantly,Karl and Lita are the nicest people any man could ever wish to meet IMO,and i hope that they are not having problems with the local reprobates.
Karl and Lita,i hope you are both well,and we hear from you soon.

Badpress

#5 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:05 PM

A BM told me on Thursday evening that the bar was closed due to "threats" to Lita. I was waiting to hear from Karl as it was a bit vague. I hope all is OK as they are good hosts - hope it is temporary.

#6 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

I've heard that Litas is closed permanently, and with the bar being emptied out today this would be confirmation.

I'd spoken to several of the girls over the last couple of days and there seemed to be a few verions of the story and rumours, but without eleborating on the rumours, the general theme was that the bar was closed due to personal problems/curcumstances..

It's a shame that such a popular LB bar has gone, and I'm sure most will thanks Karl and Lita and wish them the best for the future.

The only silver liing to the cloud is that most of the quality girls that had been working from Litas have now moved to Tornado bar on Soi 6. Suddenly the quantity and Quality of LBs at Tornado have surpassed Pook and Hi Boss, making it the first choice stop down that way. At 1.30 last night, close to closing time there were 10+ girls still working and most of them were under consideration for 'a night with the legend' as Anthony would say.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#7 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

Very disturbing news. Please God, karl and Lita are ok. They ran a fantastic bar and were great hosts. Lets hope we get some positive news shortly.

#8 slappy11

slappy11
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

See below
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook-up world
Except for LOLA

#9 Barely Legal

Barely Legal
  • Members
  • 5,637 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

Dear ALL,

I have the sad news of informing you "Lita's" is CLOSED & currently on the market to be sold !

Apparently a Thai man entered the bar Wednesday 16th Jan '08 demanding protection money from Lita and threating herself and her family should she not pay. Later Lita received over 200 phones call (obvioulsly mostly unanswered) from the same Thai man through the course of the evening and early hours of the next morning!

Obviously sending Lita into a state of panic/shook where she closed the bar there and then fleeing to her Bangkok home for saftey.

The BIB have been informed and the police are currently looking for the Thai man in question and the Thai number used to make the calls was an unregistered sim card. So no joy there!

After dicussing the situation with Lita (Still in Bangkok) scared to return until her father returns from government business sometime Monday.

Her family do not want here to continue running the bar ..... I've tried my best to convince her everything will be alright .... to no avail!

I'm sure you can understand how affraid Lita is currently feeling.

I'm still in Pattaya staying in hotel accomodation incase there is something more to these threats and should the BIB find out anything regards the Thai hood! ......

But we're more likely to find they're more interested in a motorcycle rider for not wearing a helmut !!!

I can only thank everyone at LB-69 for ALL your support & great reviews of "Lita's" over the previous months ..... THANKYOU Its been a "blast"

Such A shame it ended so bluntly. Sure you can all understand given the situation.

Best wishes,

Karl.
"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

#10 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

Hi Karl,

Deeply sorry to hear such terrible news. :cry:

Please pass on our best wishes to Lita.

Will endeavour to catch up with you when I'm back in town.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#11 dixon.cox

dixon.cox
  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

I'm speechless.

However; great bar, great hosts, great girls, great memories.

Karl, I hope once things settle down and Lita feels more at ease you will consider opening another venue in Pattaya - You have a great following from this and other boards.

Best of luck to you both.

#12 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

Karl & Lita:

It is with great sadness that I write this, since Lita's and my great experiences in Pattaya are so linked. You are both such fine people and ran a great establishment, it is such a loss to the Walking Street scene.

My best wishes to you and Lita and hope everything sorts out for the best.

Ray
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci