what is the legal age for sex in thailand

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:23 AM

what is the legal age of concent in thailand ? 18 or 15or 16 ? in uk it 16 and how u spot a thai id card and check she is 18 etc what u do if it does happen in a bar or club

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:33 AM

I think you have your facts wrong with respect to picking up 16 year olds.

I would strongly advise against that unless you want to end up staying in Thailand longer than anticipated.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#3 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:52 AM

i never said anything about picking up 16 year old no just ment where i come from 16 is the legal age and i want to know in thailand what age is ok to pick up an lb

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:13 AM

The actuall age in thai land for both sex males and thailadys
is Thailand 14 with parents consent and and 15/18 is considered an adult in thailand but personally i wouldent take any girl under 16 it is a grey area in thailand and for ladyboys i would not take under 16 if u get coaught with underage sex in thailand be prepard to spend up to 10 years in monkey house they are heavy about that especially in thailand with the media so think before u act

Gareth, I think you may not be a native English speaker and you may have posted under the influence of alcohol.

What you posted suggests that it is ok to pick up 16 year olds.

i would not take under 16

Koykaeng is quite correct that your post suggests it is ok.

Actually to prevent problems no one under the age of 18 should be taken for sex.

#5 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

actually that not true in thailand and we know this happens in london or europe it 18 but everone feels difrent about it many places thailand is totatlly difrent yes i am pissed but i can prove it if u a brit or from europe we have very closed minds to when it come to sex and think it disgusting but u know this is fact in thai u can legally marry a woman at 14 with the parents concent but u cannot marry a lb law dosent reconise it in thailand so if it legal by law in thai ?what is the problem ?

#6 Kinkoy

Kinkoy
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

Europe law is not the same everywhere,
I Norway the legal age is 16, in Sweden 14, England I don't know.
But I thought it was 18 in Thailand unless you are two Thai’s marrying and the parents give their consents.,
So dark, the con of man..

#7 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

and to finish my point i did say in the begining of my post prostituition is tecnallay illegal and against thai law in thailand and u can be locked up for it so what ever u do weather it picking up 16 year olds or 18 year olds or any woman and pay for sex and u get caught by the boys in brown you could go to the monkey house for long time most of the time and get deported straight way and if u even have the slightest drugs in u system it the same as having it on u u could get the fireing squad depends how much u have in u system

#8 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

gareth75, thanks for expanding on your post, but replying while you are still drunk hasn't helped matters much.

Yes you are correct that prostitution is illegal in Thailand, but the police will not enforce it as long as they are making money from the bar owners and p4p girl shakedowns (esp lbs).

Your argument about marrying 14 year olds falls apart as that would NEVER be approved for a Farang.

The major concern about the age of 16-17, besides the morality issues, is that Thailand is a treaty holder to the law that any pedophiles charged and arrested will be extradited to their home countries to face trial under their HOME country laws.

So your advice that under 16 year olds is a grey area is really very poor advice, when a punter can face the real threat of being arrested and extradited for having sex with either a lb or gg under the age of 18, depending on his home country laws.

#9 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

i knew it wouldn't be long before you were lambasted gareth
Oh so happy when in LOS

#10 filipef

filipef
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

Even if ppl could say 16 is ok, i won't take any under 18. BTW, even if it was ansewered somewhere else, may someone teach me how can i see if the bird is 18 already, in thai ID card?

#11 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

Even if ppl could say 16 is ok, i won't take any under 18. BTW, even if it was ansewered somewhere else, may someone teach me how can i see if the bird is 18 already, in thai ID card?

The current year 2008, equates to 2551 on the Thai calander.

The year is counted from the Buddhist Era (B.E.), which is 543 years earlier than the Christian Era (A.D.).

So when checking their ID Card, you need to ascertain they were born prior to the year 2533 to already be 18 in the current year, 2551.

For example a person born on January 1st 2533 would have turned 18 today.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#12 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

i could never understand a thai id when i did look at most of the time birds will tell u they 20 even if they not look it every country around does have that law but seldom is used where i come from the legal age is 16 although it is a morality issue i would not put my self in that situation and not go with girl or lb at that age because can lead to being blackmail and land u in jail most of the time when u take them back to u room they have to leave there id at reception someplace will tell u how old she is by her id but just rember there many fake thai id so even if show u and u convinced they 18 can still have a problem just use common sence if the girl looks under age just say no thank u and move on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci