Pattaya or Bangkok for first-time?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#25 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Dont waste your time in bangkok - head to Phuket where you will have all the things you want from a holiday and some of the best LBs in the Kingdom ! Ok, second choice would be Pattaya (otherwise i'm gonna get flamed!).

#26 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

DELETED

#27 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

if you are a beach man, its pattaya or phucket.

I'm sorry but, with respect, Anthony, if you're (in the general sense, not "you" in particular) truly a "beach man," then it's Phuket, period. Pattaya is a joke in that respect -- it's like if Phuket were resigned only to Patong beach. But a motorbike ride away, you have Kata Noi, Nai Harn, Laem Singh, etc... All very worthy, and sometimes spectacular, beaches...

IMHO. cheers.

#28 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Oh God, just saw the date on this thread...

DarkKnight, come on, dude. Sorry Anthony.

But my point remains...

#29 Kinkoy

Kinkoy
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

if you are a beach man, its pattaya or phucket.

I'm sorry but, with respect, Anthony, if you're (in the general sense, not "you" in particular) truly a "beach man," then it's Phuket, period. Pattaya is a joke in that respect -- it's like if Phuket were resigned only to Patong beach. But a motorbike ride away, you have Kata Noi, Nai Harn, Laem Singh, etc... All very worthy, and sometimes spectacular, beaches...
IMHO. cheers.

I am sorry, but with respect farangbah, what Patong has to offer a motorbike drive way, Pattaya has a speedboat trip away.
There are many island just 30 - 45 min outside Pattaya, with beaches that are just as good as those you can find on the Phuketh Island.
Pattaya and Patong are similar in many ways, just Patong and Phuket in general is much more overpriced, and has always been that. My first time in Phuket was in 1990 and also then motorbike rental, hotels etc, was up 20 – 30% compare to Pattaya.
And Pattaya has so much more to offer of everything, also if you take a day away from the beach and bars.

What Phuket has that Pattaya don’t is some more spectacular snorkelling and scuba diving sites. The colours of the underwater life can be found much better in the Phuket area

Just my opinion :)
So dark, the con of man..

#30 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Such a wide variety of opinions here.

I think what you should do is spend a few days on BKK so you can at least experience the place and know exactly what people are on about when they post about NEP and the other LB bars. Bangers has a lot to offer to the regular tourist as well as the hunters. Do some research and find out the tourist attractions that most take your interest check them out. Do the rounds of the bars and after you've been there a few days you should be ready to move on to Patts. If you find you really like Bangers you can come back later for some more. I really do like BKK, it has a real atmosphere about it, totally different from the other parts of LOS, more expensive place to be though.

Phuket or Pattaya, its s tough descision. It sounds like your first priority is for hunting, and for that I beleive Patts offers more simply because of the seemingly endless supply of ladyboys. Getting to Phuket isn't much harder the getting to Patts, certainly more expensive though, a plane trip vs a bus trip.

One tip I can give you is to know on a map where your hotel is. On my first trip to Patts I booked a hotel online and with the receipt was directions in phonetic script on how to get to the hotel, I could not find a person anywhere who could make head nor tail of what the directions meant. I did however eventually find somone who knew the hotel and told me where to find it.

Good luck and have a good time.

LB3048

#31 MDS

MDS
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

I prefer Pattaya to BKK only because spent more time in Pattaya and looking forward to going back and exploring both and throwing Phuket into the mix too.

DC cracks me up on your post with the forgotten PW of your old account.

Took me a moment to click it was '09 and not '08 when I started to first browse this thread.

#32 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

My first trip, I went to both BKK and Patts, and spent equal time in both. I think BKK may be a little less intimidating and may be better to get your feet wet and then head off for Patts.

These days, I typically spend 75% of my time in Patts and the remainder elsewhere, but that number may go down, as next trip I'll likely spend a good deal of time in Phuket as well.

I certainly wouldn't let Pattaya's reputation put you off, and it really isn't so much different than wandering around Nana Plaza, just on a much larger scale. Besides Patts has the beach (not great, but certainly adequate), but there are some wonderful beach getaways a short boat ride away.

You can go wrong either way!!

The only wrong choice you can make is not to go at all!

Auto
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#33 samcro

samcro
  • Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

Totally agree with Auto here , the only wrong thing to do is not go at all....

Get your arse to BKK get to Big Dogs take it all in look at the sights hear the sounds and you will start to taste it and then there is no turning back.

Get down to Guess see Joy if you can enjoy and dont think just do!!!!

After you have fed that desire that we all have head down to Patts and get on it !!!!!!! but keep you whitts about you.

One thing i will guarentee when you touch down back to where ever it is you came from, you will sit back think about what you have just experienced and how your life has changed and start planning your next trip.

Cheers
Live to ride, ride to live.

#34 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

My first visit to the LOS was in December of 2006. I'm currently in BKK at the start of my 7th visit. That should tell you something. Even with the grueling flight (those small economy seats are dehumanizing) from the US I'm still here. Will be in Pattaya in a few days. I always budget high and rarely ever go over budget. I always like to spend a few days in BKK and the remainder in Pattaya, but I have also have been to Phuket as it is only a short plane ride that is not very expensive.

#35 waltz

waltz
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

Go straight to pattaya, BKK is a shit hole!
apart from the guess bar! :)

I'm not into p4p - but if I was going to thailand to fuck working ladyboys, then I still wanted to spend some of the time like a regular tourist - and would of course spend some days in Bangkok visiting the attractions there.

I would simply go mad if I had to spend an entire vacation looking for ladyboys and fucking them.

Oh.... So that's what has happened to me! Finally got that one straightened out. See guys. There is an explanation to my madness :roll:

Back to topic:

I'd say you need to see both. But go to Pattaya first. Then a few days in BKK before you leave LoS.

As for hotels there are plenty of info in the accommodation and travel threads.
"Improvise, Adapt n' Overcum"
- G n' Karl
I come from the land up yonder, where your dick FREEZES HARD.

#36 scottiej23

scottiej23
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

I am just awaiting confirmation of my holidays for late June/early July and am going to make my first visit. It would come at no surprise that my first an only LB encounter has had me thirsty for more.

Still mulling over details but at this stage I am thinking 12 or so days in Bangkok. That said, this evening I noticed the generous offer of flights and accommodation to Phuket is certainly going to come into consideration....I love the look of those rooms!!

I will post some details when I get things finalised and will hope to maybe hook up with a member or two who can maybe show me the ropes a bit one evening.
Now 3.48% smarter, but 14.82% less interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci