• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#13 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

if the wifi internet is so important...why dont you book hotel jasmine..? its inside the walking street (soi bj ) very close to both linda bar,blue ice,and JSB... not so far eitherfrom soi 13-1 where you find club 131 +stringfellows... :lol:
the wifi is free...the room is cheap( 450-850/day) are they are LB friendly... 8)

#14 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

I think the priority for me is quality of accomodation. Wifi is broadly available in bars as well - as I discovered when moving out here. There is a good US style sports bar called Gullivers on Beach Road near Soi3/4 - free internet. They have sister Bar in Soi 5 Sukummvit Bangkok.

Dynasty has Internet access as do many Internet cafe's for about 1 baht a minute - so half an hour costs 1 USD. The Dynasty in BKK and Pattaya both have Internet and the free shuttle service (saves you 1200 baht in a taxi fare = 20 hours on the internet. I would think twice about bringing a laptop - it is just another high value item to possibly lose. It is just not the laptop value but all the data on it which is difficult to value.

Another hotel that is good and near the action, without being right in it (a Nono for me as sometimes I want to sleep!), is Areeca Lodge in Soi Diana - they have an Internet room - not sure about Wifi. They are Guest LB friendly.

http://www.arecalodge.com/

I know we all have different tastes but I found many hotels under 1000 baht a disappointment for a longer stay - maybe I just am getting old and like my creature comforts too much.

I look forward to that cold beer - I know SF well as I used to work there.

#15 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

Pathway - a gift - a virtual map of Pattaya- just starting on it.

So Dynasty in Soi 13, Areca Lodge in the road off 2nd Road opposite Soi 11/12 - asy to find.

Between Soi 13.2 and Pattaya Tai are Boystown etc but have LB's too. Walking st needs a separate map but it is a start.

Attached Files

#16 pathway

pathway
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

Pathway - a gift - a virtual map of Pattaya- just starting on it.

So Dynasty in Soi 13, Areca Lodge in the road off 2nd Road opposite Soi 11/12 - asy to find.

Between Soi 13.2 and Pattaya Tai are Boystown etc but have LB's too. Walking st needs a separate map but it is a start.

Nice map your putting together Rossco. I'll use it as a reference guide. :D Think I'll check out the DIG in Bangkok, then do the Dynasty Inn Pattaya. Thanks

Ever stayed at the Whitehouse Condotel in pattaya?
California (West Coast)

#17 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

Pathway

Whitehouse is in Soi 13 - same as Dynasty. I have never satyed there but I hear that it is OK. I think you are making a good decision and when you are here you can go visit Queen Victoria and then satisfy yourself you did the right thing.

One tip - when you reserve do it directly via web site or email. When you arrive ask to see the room first - if not Ok ask for a better room. Dynasty inn in BKK is undergoing refurb so some rooms not so good - maybe all completed by the time you are here.

If I can help more let me know.

#18 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:50 PM

I believe the refurbishments have been completed at the Dynasty Inn in Bangkok, although its only the rooms in the front building that have been refurbished.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#19 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

Sandy Spring on Soi 13, next hotel past Dynasty also has Wifi with a nice pub serving good food next door.

#20 octane_orphan

octane_orphan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:52 AM

Excellent map! ... is there one for Bangkok?

#21 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

Octane - I have not mapped BKK yet. No real need as BKK is concentrated in Nana - all 4 major LB GoGo bars in the Nana complex:

Obsessions
Cascade
Temptations
Casanova

ONE significant exception is Guess bar which is near Soi 1 off Sukumvit and 5/10 minutes walk from Nana. This is an up market lounge bar with some stunning staff.

The other main activity used to be down Sukumvit after closing time but since I was last there in March I hear that the police are discouraging "after hours" activity for LB's and GG's and drinking.

I am sure that there are many other places but these are more likely to have some LB's working but not a concentration.

There are many bars in Pattaya where 1 or 2 LB's work alongside their "sisters" but to list all of these would be too much - the map focusses on the main places as opposed to all the places - leaves you the opportunity to discover some for yourself

I was in a bar at Soi 8/Beach Road last week and met a gorgeous LB working there on her own. 2 daya later another LB I know said "you speak my friend". Their network is powerful - could be a blessing or a curse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci