• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 pathway

pathway
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:13 AM

HI

Have not seen any posts related to the Queen Victoria Inn on Soi 6. Has anyone stayed there? Cost? LB friendly? appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance.
California (West Coast)

#2 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

Dunno, but they do a great English breakfast. I'm sure I read a post that described QV as LB friendly.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#3 mentallufc

mentallufc
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

Must agree with Patrick on that one, have eaten there a number of times and always enjoyed the food. Sorry that I can't help you ref LB friendly but the food is worth a go.

Cheers
Mickey

#4 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:47 PM

Agreed with patrick on the breakfast. It seems fairly clean for soi 6, but would never recommend sleeping in that street.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#5 pathway

pathway
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:04 AM

Agreed with patrick on the breakfast. It seems fairly clean for soi 6, but would never recommend sleeping in that street.

Hi Kliome-

Why would you not sleep there? Is there a big noise problem at certain hours? Is it loud at all times of day and night? Just curious
California (West Coast)

#6 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:18 AM

It's very much a 'short time' street, and not known for it's cleanliness, although I'm sure the Queen Vic could be an acception.

The problem is the place gets very busy in the day but then dies fast from around 1am and most of the girls shift towards walking street. I find you can meet some shady characters around the bottom of the soi, around beach road, after dark.

If you've experienced pattaya before, know what's on offer elsewhere and have a strong prference for spending time around soi 6, then I don't think there are too many safety worries, plus rooms tend to be very cheap on 6.

But, if it's your first trip to pattaay I would personally suggest a different area, depending on your requirements.

For example, if you like to party, somewhere not too far from walking street would be ideal.

#7 jotarokujo

jotarokujo
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

This summer i have already booked for 10 days in a room in soi6.
I know about the street at night (completely different from afternoon) but i have book this room for the beautifull room and for the price.

http://users.telenet...ly/skysuite.htm

I'll tell you about my experience after summer.

#8 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:38 AM

What I said is just my preference, I'm sure you'll ahve an awesome experience.

#9 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

Pathway - I think you are US based so here goes. Hotel room at 1200 baht is 35USD. Price of a run down motel in California.

Why ruin your stay in a cheap place with sod all facilities.
Why stay away from the action
If you find an LB in Walking St or 131, TripleX, Strings you need to taxi/bus it back to Soi 6.

Geography - assume Pattaya is a circular rectangular block 3 Kms long (North to South) and half a kilo wide (East to West).

Main drags are:
Beach Road - runs North/South along coast
2nd Road - runs North/South half a kilo East of Beach.

Between each drag are Sois (small streets) - they number from 13 in the South to 2 in the North

Three major roads intersect Beach to 2nd
South - Pattaya Tai (near Walking Street)
Central - Klang - this is where the block is divided - North of here is Soi 6 to Soi 2 and then Nua. South of here is Soi 7 to Soi 13
North - Nua

At the South end you have Walking Street - call it Soi 13++++
Going North you have Soi 13.1 (Soi Yamoto) where you find 131, Strings.
Then a walk to Soi 9 and Soi 8 - Triple X - Pattaya Klang is Didi's bar.

I would stay in Soi 13 - Dynasty Inn (1200 baht per night) 4 star hotel with good clean serviced rooms, Lobby and pool. LB friendly

By the way if you stay in Dynasty in Bangkok you get a free shuttle bus to sister hotel in Pattaya.

This way you are an easy walk to Strings, 131 and Walking St - you are also a quick taxi/bus to Triple and Didi.

Soi 6 - the nickname is Soi Dirty/ShortTime. I find the LB's in Soi 6/6.1 the low end of the market with some exceptions.

The food at the Queen Victoria is good English food - Steak and Kidney pie, Fish and Chips. Near Dynasty you have a HUGE selection of restaurants and bars. So unless you are addicted to English PubGrub why stay far from the action and in a guest house with no facilities.

If I can help let me know.

#10 pathway

pathway
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:20 AM

Pathway - I think you are US based so here goes. Hotel room at 1200 baht is 35USD. Price of a run down motel in California.

Why ruin your stay in a cheap place with sod all facilities.
Why stay away from the action
If you find an LB in Walking St or 131, TripleX, Strings you need to taxi/bus it back to Soi 6.

Geography - assume Pattaya is a circular rectangular block 3 Kms long (North to South) and half a kilo wide (East to West).

Main drags are:
Beach Road - runs North/South along coast
2nd Road - runs North/South half a kilo East of Beach.

Between each drag are Sois (small streets) - they number from 13 in the South to 2 in the North

Three major roads intersect Beach to 2nd
South - Pattaya Tai (near Walking Street)
Central - Klang - this is where the block is divided - North of here is Soi 6 to Soi 2 and then Nua. South of here is Soi 7 to Soi 13
North - Nua

At the South end you have Walking Street - call it Soi 13++++
Going North you have Soi 13.1 (Soi Yamoto) where you find 131, Strings.
Then a walk to Soi 9 and Soi 8 - Triple X - Pattaya Klang is Didi's bar.

I would stay in Soi 13 - Dynasty Inn (1200 baht per night) 4 star hotel with good clean serviced rooms, Lobby and pool. LB friendly

By the way if you stay in Dynasty in Bangkok you get a free shuttle bus to sister hotel in Pattaya.

This way you are an easy walk to Strings, 131 and Walking St - you are also a quick taxi/bus to Triple and Didi.

Soi 6 - the nickname is Soi Dirty/ShortTime. I find the LB's in Soi 6/6.1 the low end of the market with some exceptions.

The food at the Queen Victoria is good English food - Steak and Kidney pie, Fish and Chips. Near Dynasty you have a HUGE selection of restaurants and bars. So unless you are addicted to English PubGrub why stay far from the action and in a guest house with no facilities.

If I can help let me know.

Hi Rossco-
Yes your correct, I'm from California, Oakland to be exact, right across the bay from San Francisco. Thanks for the info, i appreciate the details that you gave me about the the lay of the land and choosing a decent hotel. The reason I choose the Queen Vic was that it has wireless internet in the room. I like to surf the net for work/play with my laptop and wanted easy accessible internet service. Does the Dynasty in Bangkok and Pattaya have internet access readily available? Is there a fee to use internet service? I read another post from a member that said the Dynasty Bangkok has joiner fees, is that true? Are there joiner fees in Dynasty Pattaya? All info that you and other board members can provide very much appreciated, picking a nice clean hotel with WIFI or broadband connection seems to be a challenge for me. So if I choose your recommendations and your in town in November, I''ll treat you to a beer and a bar fine. Thanks
California (West Coast)

#11 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

Hi Pathway,

No problem bringing one guest back with you however in some instances they have been known to request additional payment for more than one guest at any given time.

It seems to vary a little, depending on the receptionist on duty.

Unless you are planning threesomes or foursome, this should not be an issue !

With regard to internet access, I know that the Dynasty Inn Grande - Bangkok has free broadband access from the rooms.
The Dynasty Inn - Pattaya doesn't have internet access in the rooms, but there is a wireless network in the hotel foyer/dining area.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#12 pathway

pathway
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:14 AM

Hi Pathway,

No problem bringing one guest back with you however in some instances they have been known to request additional payment for more than one guest at any given time.

It seems to vary a little, depending on the receptionist on duty.

Unless you are planning threesomes or foursome, this should not be an issue !

With regard to internet access, I know that the Dynasty Inn Grande - Bangkok has free broadband access from the rooms.
The Dynasty Inn - Pattaya doesn't have internet access in the rooms, but there is a wireless network in the hotel foyer/dining area.

Cheers
Koykaeng

Hi Koykaeng- Thanks for your input, this newbie can use all the help I can get for my first trip. :D
California (West Coast)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci