Photo

Recommended Books

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#49 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

i must buy it, as met paultain during my last trip, great guy, wealth of knowledge about los, really helpful.
cheers for that tj, will pop into canterbury tales and get it, for the plane back home

#50 fridgemagnet

fridgemagnet
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

I'd like to shamelessly plug Canterbury Tales as the best second-hand bookshop that I've come across (so far) in Thailand.
Decent prices, no photocopy books pretending to be the real thing, and it's a friendly sort of place. There's plenty for people who don't like Jeffrey Archer - in fact Patts must have a lot of compulsive readers, as the stock is really varied. I bought all the decent fantasy books though, so fantasy fans will have to wait a bit for more stock to come in.

Can anyone recommend any other outstanding S/H bookshops?
Girls are great, but you can't beat the real thing.

#51 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

I guess appropriately my 1st post should be here as I am Dave from Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop and I look forward to a long association with this forum and hope to help anyone re the book thing as I can.
All the best Dave

#52 fridgemagnet

fridgemagnet
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

Great to hear from you Dave, you do have a fine bookshop.
I'm not often in Patts these days, as cash has become tighter etc etc, But do you do a booklist, or a computer stocklist? Then mates in Patts who live in Chiang Mai may be able to deliver.
Alternatively, I could send you a short list of favourite authors, if it's not too much trouble.
I just wish the bus wasn't so bloody uncomfortable.
Anything ladyboy would probably find a buyer or two on this forum.
All the best Tim

Girls are great, but you can't beat the real thing.

#53 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

Yes I offer a postal service and although I dont have a list as stock changes all the time I can let you know if you have a request if we have it or not and can put it on a wish list as when/if it comes in I will save it or post it.
I often send books in Thailand as is not too expensive, Paultains book as above is looking like its going to be popular and the new book on the subject so we do have that in stock and have a Paypal account if anyone is interested in purchasing the book this way, I will shortly post the postage costs within Thailand.
I do get books re Ladyboys in from time to time and will look into furthering my stock in the future.
All the best Dave

#54 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

Many of the above we have on the shelves and most being used are a fraction of the price of the retailers, we also trade in any books from anywhere depending on age, condition, Author and we are constantly looking for more stock so if you have any unwanted books cluttering up collecting dust sell them to us for cash or trade them in for our books.
We have offers going on all year and many new books up to 25% off the normal retail price.

Attached Files

#55 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

I'm reading a real eye opener:

Rogue State...A guide to the world's only superpower.
William Blum

It deals with how Washington sees and deals with the World.
Cover notes include:

Bravo! A well aimed critique of the evils of US global intervention,a superb antidote to officialdom's lies and propaganda.

Blum demonstrates how US policy, under the banners of freedom and human rights, has led to barbarous criminal acts, how the world's "force for peace" has acted in the most bellicose form. An eye-opener for students of national security policy

I can thoroughly recommend it.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#56 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

Thailand fever we have and is one of the best sellers and as usual much cheaper than Asia books plus the 50% credit refund.

Attached Files

#57 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

Thailand fever we have and is one of the best sellers and as usual much cheaper than Asia books plus the 50% credit refund.

#58 pog1701

pog1701
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

Farang , Thailand through the eyes of an ex-pat.

Iain Corness.

ISBN 978-1-905379-42-2

Very good insight, though a touch on the "I know F88king everything, you fool"
Hey

#59 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

I was reading a comic book the other day(The Punisher) and I was stupefied when I saw the first page. "A mouths a mouth", words to live by fellas! Highly recommended.

Attached Files

• dixon cox and jfrank like this

#60 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

I was reading a comic book the other day(The Punisher)... Highly recommended.

Yes, I like the look of that alot :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci