Nervous newbie with questions

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#13 seiger06

seiger06
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

some good advice given here ........ i suggest just follows the rules of decent common sence back your instincts smile a lot(in thailand this a way of life ) and go for it ...do some research in what you want to do cause theres so much to there not just ladyboys ive been to thailand in sept and heading back in oct till mid november cant get enough of the place ...it might freak you out a bit at first cultral diffenernce this is a common thing it will pass jus tease into i ...take a deep breath and jump in ......... go for i t you will love it

#14 bensark

bensark
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

kliome post says it all great work.

#15 BigMur

BigMur
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:02 AM

Wow, that was very informative. I have to admit, I hear all kinds of stories about Bangkok as well. A friend of mine actually just went there(not for the LBs, he's going to Mt. Everest), and I was kinda worried about him. It didn't help that they just had a military coup. He did e-mail back to say he's alright, and something about always carrying cash with you. When he gets back, I'll have to find out more.

I have to admit being really curious about the whole thing. I'm a straight guy, but something about ladyboys is appealing. I don't know if I'd want to have sex with one, but I'd love to meet one of the sexy models from this site one day. Maybe now I'll go through with it..

I had 2 minor questions, about this topic.

1) What's the exchange rate? 1500 what?
2) What kind of prostitution laws does Thailand have? If I pay one of these ladies, will I get busted?

Anyway, good topic. If you're going to Thailand soon, have fun!

#16 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

But I would be going alone to a strange, dangerous place and would like some serious opinions about just how dangerous it would be for a young Aussie like me to try to find some nice company with some of these cinnamon honeys.

Expressly I'm talking about thieves and gangsters. It seems like it's best to try to hook up with other guys there and go trawling for LBs together. Safety in numbers and all that.

Cheers.

Honestly SeeJay, Thailand is just about the safest place I've ever visited.
I've travelled to almost every major city in the world and Bangkok has to be the most friendly and least dangerous.

You can walk about anytime of the day or night absolutely without fear.
Sure you occassionaly hear horror stories - but typically the person has been throwing his money around or just very abusive and drunk.

If you are normal, and behave in a courteous manner you should not require to hunt in a pack.

It can be intimidating walking into a bar alone... as with any establishment in the world... but within 2 seconds someone will come to you and invite you to a seat and smile and talk with you without any danger.

I've travelled all around Bangkok and have found this in every place - its totally safe ! I've even had bar girls run up to me as i leave a bar saying i've dropped some currency on the floor by mistake. These people are not trying to rob you. Their culture is to try to establish the best business transaction for them. Their religion says if they do bad to another then they and their family will have that badness return.

Look, theres always the exception to the rule. But in my judgement you are about to enter paradise......
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#17 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

I had 2 minor questions, about this topic.

Q.1) What's the exchange rate? 1500 what?
Q.2) What kind of prostitution laws does Thailand have? If I pay one of these ladies, will I get busted?

Bigmur,
You obviously have no idea about the ladyboy scene in Thailand, so I suggest that you read some more posts on the forum to get your head around it all !

With regard to your questions;

A.1) The currency in Thailand is the Baht, so 1500 Baht is what was being referred to in the post
1 Australian Dollar = 28 Thai Baht

1 US Dollar = 37 Thai Baht

1 United Kingdom Pound = 69 Baht

A.2) Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, but having said that, its widely tolerated and you are more likely to get arrested for littering than for a prostitution law violation.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#18 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

Dont forget about the euro's :lol:

1 euro = 46 baht

#19 BigMur

BigMur
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the info..

Looks like a pretty good exchange rate for North Americans, $500 US = 18,500 baht. Lots of fun for that much money!!

I admit, I am fairly new to this whole thing. But, I"m learning. By the time I go to Thailand, I'll be an expert....

#20 uncut_ladyboy_dicks

uncut_ladyboy_dicks
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:39 AM

Thanks for the info..

Looks like a pretty good exchange rate for North Americans, $500 US = 18,500 baht. Lots of fun for that much money!!

Just think that last year (June / July 2005) it was about 41 baht. That's 10% more fun. It just so happens that was my first trip to Thailand and most recently in August and September 2006 for my 3rd trip. Now that the rate is 37 baht to the $1, it's like I'm only getting 90% of what I got last year.

I've heard that the rate should be 36 - 37 over the next year or so, however that was before the coup.

I don't know how things will change especially with the crackdown of visa renewals. It could throw their economy into a tailspin once they kick everyone out after 90 days. I'm sure it will have some impact on prices, not necessarily the excchange rate but prices could be affected.

Now I find myself following the exchange rates religously online.

#21 plazaface

plazaface
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

You want a scary Thailand scam story? Here's mine.
I once, by mistake, gave a thousand-baht note amongst four hundred-baht notes to my girl, to pass to the mamasan for the bar fine (of 500 baht).
A moment later, my girl comes back - the mistake has been noticed - here's your money back.
Imagine that kind of honesty anywhere else in the world, under similar conditions?

My advice would be to organise your money carefully, and have it easily accessible to you, but not to anyone else. This sounds a bit obvious, but it's the most useful advice I can give. If you're not familiar with Thai folding money (and folding money is all you'll use - you give the coins to beggars), you can easily get into a state of confusion with the different colors and denominations, and the numbers (the values) of the notes isn't always clear, especially in club/bar lighting!
So keep your high denom notes in a separate pocket.
Get some really lightweight "explorer" style pants, with plenty of zipper pockets. This is more important than you might think. Organise your money into pockets, practise counting it. that way you won't look like a complete dickhead (as did I), pulling out a cabbage-like wad of slippery currency and dropping it onto the floor.
If you're completely paranoid, while your girl is taking her shower, hide your money. That way, when you're taking yours, you needn't worry.

LB's need to be honest to work. there's a really effective self-policing scene out there. Thieves have their photograph put up in the NEP.

If all you've experienced of the Thai LB scene is from the internet, it can't possibly prepare you for the reality. They're more gorgeous than you could imagine, and the whole scene (you MUST book a guest-friendly hotel) is just the best trip you'll ever take.
"Up to you ..."

#22 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:02 AM

The biggest and only scam and criminal activity I have been victim of on any of my trips to Thaialnd have been through using lastminute.com to get my flights.

NEVER use lastminute.com if you think you might need to adjust your flight details, in fact, just never use teh bastards.

If you try to call their customer services you will have to use a premium rate number and be put through an automated system with every possible combination of option selecting leading to a message that you must e-mail customer support via the web site *and trust me I've tried every combination of option). If you e-mail their website you;ll get a reply 24hrs later, if you are lucky, which will basically give you very little help and add soem new flight restrictions and administration costs to you booking. One trick I found was to call customer services, but after you type in your order referrence press teh hash key on the phone a number of times. Do this three times and you'll be pu through to a human voice, who will be equally as unhelpful as the e-mail (probably the same person) but at least now you can vent your anger towards him and allow him to hear the immense pain and frustraion in your voice....

Use www.dial-a-flight.co.uk, tend to be as cheap and are extermely helpful and easy to contact...

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#23 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

if it u first time dont worry i went and i never looked back long u have everything sussed out and enough money and insurance to cover u if anything go wrong i actually met one of the lb from this site highly recommend as a guide and know where everything is and i was totally safe with the lb went everywhere even when i went short time went with me made sure i was ok
at the airport and did a lot of checking and reading and the best site for information in this one and stickmans guide to bangkok and thai land gives u everithing u need to know as for the crime there is very little but dont wory about having bar girls most them over 18 to work there if in doubt just ask her to show u id they have to if u ask them just relax and enjoy your self just be carefull i was once fooled from a bar girl she looked 18 really cute but infact was 46 i was taken back by that i only found out at recption at the hotel when they looked me funny and laughed at me asked me why i go with old lady

aso one bit advice if hotel say cannot go with u to room just give reception 100bht tea money or security guard annd they let your guest up to room

#24 LovingLBS

LovingLBS
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:55 AM

there you go again posting on a two year old thread, just joking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci