Moving to Thailand

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#13 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

No kidding....going from thinking about teaching English to owning Cocktails and Dreams. Bravo. :D

BTW... you mentioned you would probably get tired of owning a bar pretty quick, how's that going :D From the pics it looks like you are holding up quite well....

"Tired of it"? Cant believe I said that :oops: - noo wayy - am loving every minute. There are irritations, sure, like Thai beaurocracy, closing days for elections, Thai stupidity, thai driving, thai manners, thais picking their noses, thais with loud voices, etc etc, but would i go back? NO THANK YOU.

#14 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hey Jim.

Good to see you on many occasions. Bkk was pure mongering :)

If Patong was closer to Bkk, i´d be there instead of Pattaya.

I´m coming back too, i need to cash in on my lifetime win beating Pat in pool :D Try get some yourself, will ya, it´s on me :D I told her i would pass it on.

I saw you golf thread, not sure if i´m there though, besides it really is too damn hot playing golf in Thailand.

Laters
Rick

hi Rick, sorry i havent replied to your post before, you must have slipped it in when i wasnt looking.
Yes, good to see you last time in BKK, although i nearly got caught by the one you saw me creeping in with at 3am (see "Warnings").

Ok, i`ll give pat a game tonight unless she`s barfined, in which case i plan to "play" with Amy.

No, golf should be ok in sept! Would it help if the staff were caddies?
Oh, hang on a minute, can you imagine ladyboy caddies :roll: ? you would have to line every fairway with mirrors, because theres no way they can walk 400 yds without looking at their reflection. Make-up counters on every tee. Greenkeepers would go mad at all the stiletto heel marks on the greens. They`d all be pissed because of the "beach parties" in the bunkers. And you`d have to carry the clubs anyway, because their hands are full with handbag and mobile!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci