Reducing bareback risks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 patrickfitsmichael

patrickfitsmichael
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

I have a problem with condoms, when I put one on it just doesn't happen for me. Its almost like something drains the blood out and its like gone. Now I am an educated man and know the increased risks of bb and anal sex. Recently had one of the best sessions ever with a LB bb and want more BUT how to do it safely as possible. 

Now I know many will say .......never bb, its just not worth the risk. But what are the true risks, like I know there is greater risk to the bottom than the top. I know there are drugs these days but who wants to have the stigma and hassle and side effects of that. Does it purely come down to a choice of - if you go bb you must accept the risks? 

Educated responses please not emotional scaremongering. 

Appreciate any recent studies/info. 

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

There are other issues besides HIV to worry about if a person decides to bareback - there are now many strains of STI (new name for STDs), that are now drug resistant - syphillis, gonorrhea, chlamidya, etc that can lead to serious consequences.

There are no firm studies that quantify the risks from those, plus HIV infections. There have been studies that guesstimate the risk - but the problem is one cannot do an ethical double blind study for these kinds of situations, so there are differing statistics about the HIV risks.

If you do try to mitigate HIV risk by taking the new Truvada prophylaxis combination drug - you need to be aware that there will likely be a high chance resistant HIV will develop and that will eventually become ineffective (and the other drug resistant STI's floating about).

Have you tried the Okamoto ultrathin condoms? These are probably the best condoms available and can deliver more sensation than the Durex Fetherlight ones.

The only other options would be to do pre-sex HIV and STI testing at least a couple of times before having sex with your partner - not exactly conducive for spontaneous encounters.

• MrDragon and P&G like this

:cnd:

#3 The-Sith

The-Sith
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

This is important to me too. Condoms never have been fun for me. Every GG that i fucked, except for P4P was bareback. Hundreds of them. Over 30 plus years, i got STIs but they are all quickly curable.

I always use condoms with LBs, whether pro or amatuer. But it feels almost like a chore to wrap up and fuck their ass. I'd rather get jacked off or get a BBBJ.

Some thoughts on solutions:

1. Do low risk activity, like handjobs, rubbing cock to cock, or they fuck you and wear a condom (and you can take PrEP if want extra guard), plus BBBJ. BBBJ has definite risks. But less than BB fucking.

2. Have a steady amateur partner. That you test regularly.

3. PrEP plus antibiotic prophylaxis can also help. But i dont think its a long term solution and not healthy.

Any other ideas?

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

Some good suggestions The Sith - but number 3 is problematic as it can contribute to the development of resistant organisms, for STI and HIV. If you want a common language explanation of drug resistant STI's here is a good recent article: Super Gonorrhea from the Telegraph.

This isn't fear mongering - as drug resistant STI's become widespread, it needs to be seriously considered as much as HIV.

• MrDragon likes this

:cnd:

#5 The-Sith

The-Sith
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:59 PM

Another issue is PrEP resistant HIV.

When HIV+ patients take HIV cocktails to reduce their viral load...and then stop taking the medication or dont take it according to instructions, their HIV develops a resistence to the medicine. Its the same as PrEP. And so its resitant to PrEP. And then PrEP no longer protects you if you encounter a carrier like that.

I know you were alluding to this in your earlier post.

#6 patrickfitsmichael

patrickfitsmichael
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the advice ppl.

I think, don't know, that the medical and pharmaceutical companies keep pushing the cover up line for their own advantage. The trouble is you can't disprove the stats or if you can get HIV or an STD on only one occasion which occasion will it be. 

I will try the super thin condoms but I fear like the Sith it just doesn't work for me. 

I have bb quite a few over my 40+ years of mongering but have only got 1 infection in all the time but nothing like the 100's The Sith talks about. 

I don't know whether its an ego thing, an instinctive thing or what but when I am with WG be they LB or not the natural progression is to penetrate them. Its interesting because sometimes I can't come this way and prefer other methods. As The Sith suggests maybe I need to condition myself to lower risk activities but when a gorgeous LB says  bb I need you to fuck me ...well..whats a guy got to do??????

I suppose its a case of self discipline and control or maybe just risk choice.

Thanks for all input. 

#7 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

How bad is the risk if you get a BJ, or give a BJ (pretending no one is covered)

#8 P&G

P&G
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:59 AM

I heard comments on the National public service radio about PREP in my country. results were excellent BUT the doctor following the project insisted that one shouldn't replace condoms by PREP (what people start doing now). PREP is fairly expensive but cheaper than medication for an infested person. 

I had been lucky to feel comfortable with condoms 99 % of the times. I even felt they had a stmulating effect. 

If you don't like your usual condoms, you should try several brand (and sizes) till you find theone that you like. 

#9 td1

td1
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Great Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci