Should I reconsider ?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#13 mikel1

mikel1
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

Go. Nearly every city in the world has had some nut with a bomb or a gun act like a fuckwit. In the US hardly a week goes by and people are shot in school, church, mall, cinema etc. Up to you as they say. Basement or Bkk? I'd be there tomorrow if I could "helping the economy".

#14 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

http://www.euronews....ted-in-bangkok/

bomb number 2... wow things are gettings very good over there, currency is tanking fast..................

http://phuketwan.com...ing-ways-23004/

im in the process of booking my trip, good bye crowds

#15 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

http://www.euronews....ted-in-bangkok/

bomb number 2... wow things are gettings very good over there, currency is tanking fast..................

http://phuketwan.com...ing-ways-23004/

Are you actually going to go this time, or is this just another fantasy? If they get a break in the case, catch the perpetrators and find out who is behind these attacks things could get back to normal fairly quickly. If you are actually going to go, you probably should go in a couple of weeks or sooner. 

• Surin Nix likes this

:cnd:

#16 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

To the OP. I was there after the red shirt bombings, and another small bomb on Khao Sahn Road.

Had lots of folks reminding me of how dangerous it was....I should leave....

Stayed. Had the time of my life.

Go man. You'll be fine.
  • rxpharm likes this
Nix

#17 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

Haha old boy, the better part of me is ashamed to admit that i sometimes share the same regrettable line of thinking, but what can you expect we are here to fuck and get fucked by thais

#18 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

Some girl had to tell me about the bomb thing, don't care in the slightest. Only possible negative is if more police around scare off the girls or close places down.

#19 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

someones telling me to book now to avoid the crowds that will only be diminished for weeks?

u guys take this shit way to seriously, but I would say in a few weeks once the drama is diminished though certainly not the unfortunate trama from this cocksucker who blew up innocents the place will be hurt by it and realize it, esp if bomb 3 comes any day soon or even again near November.

this world is very odd today, the side effects of so many of the drugs for the lemons who cant make lemonade but need the aid of say Prozac (named after prosaic) which I think is tits, or Zoloft or paxil etc is thoughts of sucide, its as if most nutters are  gonna have to  write there favourite lemonade maker aka drug company to put the warning on the drugs that aside from intense thoughts of personal despair one may think of blowing up churches or wats or simply going to the mall and if its not going well to simply opening fire..

there was checkpoints to enter patong back in the shark disco days from the  bali bombers I believe it was, muslms from bali, they were afraid of someone fucking up my time at tiger so they checked folks id's around the corner as you entered patong if you came from karon.

it didn't put any fear me, suppose I was young or just practical and played the odds.

and I may be wrong, the twizzle could of been sober only dealing a little gluten intolerance that inhibited his riboflavin uptake but my guess is the cocknock was on something like Prozac which is a certain percent fluoride rat poisen..

#20 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:33 AM

someones telling me to book now to...

I still love you 'moob, but now I feel dumber from reading all of that nonsense.

#21 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:54 AM

Well, can't give u any advice on your own life, however, I live here and don't feel any particular danger in Bkk. Partly because I normally will not go to tourist spots.
If you want to be safer, you may stay away from Nana and sukhumvit, and go to soi cowboy, or use Craigslist or thaifriendly to arrange girls to your room.
Enjoys.

Soi Cowboy is more attended as a tourist gathering than Nana, me thinks.
Honestly, you can't tell and would be weird to predict anything and one can't block his own life, at the end of the day.
Targets are usually never repeated if we want to be specific and predictive.
Not cancelling my next trip for sure.
More attentive? Impossible, there is crowd everywhere... It just needs one idiot, anyhow.
Beware of backpacks left around? A shopping bag dropped in a waste box can do the job...do we get suspicious at a bag of garbage being dropped in a garbage container?
The security enhanced after 9/11 went paranoid world wide but still didn't stop those crimes... I doubt it stopped more 9/11: the statement was done and thousand of people died. No need for the "cause" to do it again.
Targets and actions are changed continuously as their aim is to create fear of the unexpected.
Maybe nowadays temples are more safe than ever as they did that already...

#22 geetar

geetar
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

Can't speak for OP but I've got tickets to fly back in on Sunday and wouldn't cancel for anything. I was there during the protests of late 2013, the coup and the curfews of 2014. Still had a great time. My girl lives near Asoke and I can hardly say it's ok for her to be there and not me.

#23 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:12 PM

id love to see nana or soi cowboy blown up, preferabally when nobody is there but that would be fantastic, patpong as well.

all this garbage needs to go.

• yung havok likes this

#24 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

id love to see nana or soi cowboy blown up, preferabally when nobody is there but that would be fantastic, patpong as well.

all this garbage needs to go.

I'd rather see the Big House blown up!

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci