Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

Correct

Worry about the things you can affect and not the things you can't affect 

#14 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

The days of having every customer happy to drop 2-5,000b (at 43-45b to $ and 75b to the Pound Sterling) in a bar are long gone.   

The expenses have all gone up and the value for money to the customer (in relative terms) has gone down.    A  number of guys for whatever reason have shifted to Cambodia/Philippines due to the perceived better value for money over Thailand.     Add in the growth of online hooking and you can almost tear up the old models of just opening a non descript bar and having the customers flock inside.  

Bars have to inovate and pitch their product carefully.   Some are doing well out of it and some are really struggling to adapt to the new way of doing things.    As said many times, this kinda stuff is not rocket science and it happens the world over in all manner of industries.    Remember Kodak as an example.   

I suspect there will be more before high season returns in November.   

• goodenough likes this

#15 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:20 PM

Darkside has closed its door apparently temporary while they negotiate a new lease with the landlord

Post on another forum reports that Darkside staff have moved to Chaos9 and Paradise (until it turns into a Mexican restaurant?) until the new lease is settled.

:cnd:

#16 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

Post on another forum reports that Darkside staff have moved to Chaos9 and Paradise (until it turns into a Mexican restaurant?) until the new lease is settled.

The real estate world became very greedy everywhere, in a time when lots of activities are fighting with costs and demand of lower prices.
Real estate investors seem not to care and go their own way and they don't have much higher costs than a few years ago... One day it might bite back.

#17 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

The real estate world became very greedy everywhere, in a time when lots of activities are fighting with costs and demand of lower prices.
Real estate investors seem not to care and go their own way and they don't have much higher costs than a few years ago... One day it might bite back.

That is especially relevant in the LB bar scene. Why? because there are potentially much less customers than in mainstream GG or even gay venues.     I did this quick analysis earlier and it shows an example of how real estate rental prices are impacting on bars.   The figures are accurate, as I know Guess Bar's rent and the Darkside/Paradise numbers have come from the freely available ad's on Facebook.  

So, in very simple terms, each bar needs to sell the following numbers of beer bottles each and every day just to cover the rent.  Nothing else, just the rent.

Guess Bar needed to sell 14 bottles day @ 145b
Darkside needed to sell 43 bottles day @ 90b (57 bottles if all customer use a VIP card)
Paradise needs to sell 50 bottles day @120b (59 bottles if all customer use a VIP card)

Note: The bottle price is what I recall each bar selling San Miguel/Heineken at.   For Guess read Chaos9, prices are still the same and probably so is the rent.  

Simply put, Darkside needed to sell THREE TIMES more beer than Guess Bar each and everyday just to pay its rent.   This is before you take into account salaries, electric and other misc expenses such as the boys in brown etc etc.

The big takeaway for me is that chasing volume in a niche market is pretty pointless as their really is little volume to chase.   Pitching your drink prices too low is also going to cause a big headache if you can't pay the rent.   

When you understand this basic fact on rent costs and drink margin, you won't be surprised at what is happening in Bangkok right now as a good example. Some recent entrants have often tried to minimise margins on growing share and in the process destroyed their cashflow that covers rents/salaries etc.   That is all well good if your surname is Rothschild but to the average joe bar owner it is commercial suicide, especially when there is not sufficient volume that can make up for the reduced margin and your competitors have a much lower rent base in the first place.   

However when you start to consider girls then the whole thing gets a lot more interesting and can move everything in an instant. More on that another time.    

• Platapuss likes this

#18 hard

hard
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:14 AM

The bars can survive only if they collect many barfines, not just by selling beers. The number of barfines depends on the quality of the girls on offer. Most of the people go to these bars to take girls to f**k, not to drink beers. The right name for these bars is "brothel" and the right name for the bar owners is "pimp".

• Torques Hit and wardmoob like this

#19 Platapuss

Platapuss
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

The bars can survive only if they collect many barfines, not just by selling beers. The number of barfines depends on the quality of the girls on offer. Most of the people go to these bars to take girls to f**k, not to drink beers. The right name for these bars is "brothel" and the right name for the bar owners is "pimp".

what a load of tripe , you obviously don't mix with many other people i gather . Thats unfortunate for you .

#20 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:20 AM

what a load of tripe , you obviously don't mix with many other people i gather . Thats unfortunate for you .

He has a valid point, especially about Nana Plaza and Pattaya.

Many of those places are nothing more than brothels with a bar inside.

How you can call his statement tripe is beyond me.
  • hard and Torques Hit like this

#21 Platapuss

Platapuss
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:33 AM

The gogos yes , but to say the majority of bms dont enjoy drinking in ladyboy bars as a general rule of thumb is tripe yes. Guess it depends on whether you enjoy having a drink huh .

#22 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:19 PM

I know the legal brothel in nevada has a bar and a pool table. food for thought

#23 hard

hard
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

Perhaps because Platapuss is a bar owner :lol:

• Spyder Rocket likes this

#24 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

I said this was to happen by this year,, I spoke of this if u look at my rants from two years ago..

I figured these signs would of been up more along the lines of march myself, but knew they would be everywhere by the start of highseason late 2015 as in November/December 2015.

Thai's high season is as I predicted, from December 20th to January 10th. with 3-7 days of local tourism and some foreign around sonkran, that's it Thailand.

as I also said that western boys today don't need Thailand, all girls today are piglets, I have yet this week in talking to girls just in there early teens to late teens met a girl who hasn't been fucked and fucked by multiple dudes on the cock carousal , the the boys way before they are men are spoiled, trust me my friends, sex has never sold less as it really doesn't sell anymore, it leases at best and when a girl with a degree is a galee how do the thai girls or ago go girls justify there fee's?

3k baht for sex? 99 usd for sex with a 3rd world hooker..?

6 dollar soda waters on bang la?

and again mates, its only gonna get better for the renter, im on my side, your side....our side.

8) 'Hard' has good points, and like is say over n over again,,,,, ''were have the young fit glowing with health from the healthy thai diet gone? I just don't see them. all I see is basic girls who want way to much for sex and a bunch frumpy meekly attractive laotion whore dwarfs who still want to much.. isn't this country produce beauty in abundance anymore?

the 8.95$ 300 baht beach girls are to be the new norm, call them disco hostess's if u meet them at a club..but hungrier then in a long time the birds will be in the coming years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci